How much foreskin do you have? (UPDATED w/ More Choices)

What is your foreskin coverage index?(Please READ post below before completing poll!)

• Total voters

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
For me the look is not the same as a man who is intact from birth. The preputial closure is destroyed by circumcision...

default position is back rather than forward.

Thanks for this explanation. It's the "preputial closure" then that lets you tell the difference between a naturally short foreskin and a partial circumcision, or a restored foreskin. But it's not visible in all cases. There are a couple of men I have been working out with for years and I still can't decide if they too just have a short foreskin.

One last point: even a short foreskin does what it's intended to do.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There are a couple of men I have been working out with for years and I still can't decide if they too just have a short foreskin.

One last point: even a short foreskin does what it's intended to do.
Hi Ionto. Yes, any circumcision will permanently expose the glans, because it destroys the preputial closure, also called the preputial os or the preputial lips. I'm sure there are exceptions, like a loosely cut guy who is a grower (short flaccid presentation). The skin may roll forward because there's a lot of it. That's basically what you do when you restore--you keep on restoring until there's enough skin to cover.

Here's an example of a very loose cut. I hope he won't mind, I guess gallery pics are fair game:

srkog

I probably would have thought he was intact from birth, but I asked and he says he is circumcised. The reason I was not sure is because the glans is not shiny, which suggests that it is always exposed.

You really can never know for sure unless you can examine someone up close and personal, with their permission of course, which is usually not gonna happen. But I would say as a general rule, if there's any amount of flaccid closure, they are likely intact from birth.

Another point, circumcision messes up the layers because it fuses them. Restoration has made the skin mobile again, but there is a lump or a ridge under my circ scar where the layers healed together. This is another reason why even a very conservative circumcision permanently exposed the glans, because the layers don't fold naturally. Gymfresh knows a lot more about this.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, here's the crux of the matter: cutting off the foreskin is not like cutting off the cuff of a shirtsleeve. Because the foreskin is a specialized structure that inverts upon itself, circumcision is like cutting out a ring of your sleeve at the elbow. Then flipping the forearm piece inside out and stitching it to the remaining upper arm sleeve.

The nerve system of the penis is unique and runs laterally from pubis through the foreskin and to the sulcus, rather than directly down to the corpus underneath as everywhere else. This allows the unique skin-gliding ability from end to end found nowhere else on the body. So using the sleeve analogy, it's obvious that circumcision removes a center section of the tubing through which the nerves run.

The circumcision scar as done in infancy is actually a surgical branding, in which deep connective tissue and fibroblasts form between the skin and the corpus cavernosum underneath at the site where the two remaining sections of penile skin are conjoined in healing after the foreskin is crushed off by a Gomco clamp or Plastibell string. This restricts the end-to-end gliding characteristic of the penis and is a primary reason that foreskin restoration goes so slowly and unevenly (progress jumps forward when sections of this cobweb of connective tissue are broken).

Intact men don't have any of this restrictive web between penile skin and corpus cavernosum, which is why the foreskin can easily fall or roll forward on its own when flaccid. Cool, huh?

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Hi Ionto. Yes, any circumcision will permanently expose the glans, because it destroys the preputial closure, also called the preputial os or the preputial lips. I'm sure there are exceptions, like a loosely cut guy who is a grower (short flaccid presentation). The skin may roll forward because there's a lot of it. That's basically what you do when you restore--you keep on restoring until there's enough skin to cover.

Another point, circumcision messes up the layers because it fuses them. Restoration has made the skin mobile again, but there is a lump or a ridge under my circ scar where the layers healed together. This is another reason why even a very conservative circumcision permanently exposed the glans, because the layers don't fold naturally. Gymfresh knows a lot more about this.

Thanks - to Gymfresh too - for this explanation, which makes me think that the difference should be even more visible than it sometimes is. You are certainly right too about loosely cut guys with "short flaccid presentation", looking almost as if they are intact, just as guys with a naturally short foreskin often have long floppy softies, as if the cock had "grown out" of the foreskin. This is indeed what I felt was happening through my teenage years.

S

SirConcis

It is a myth that the circumcision scar attaches to the penis. The scar is between the 2 skin edges and the skin remains mobile and not attached to the layers below.

Secondly, having lived some 20+ years as semi cut, I can say for sure that a circumcision does not necessarily expose the glans. I had more than half of the glans covered when soft, and it quickly retreacted during erection. The main difference is that uncuts with short foreskins tend to have thin foreksins, so the edge is thin and almost fluch with the glans, whereas someone with long thick foreksin who get a partial circumcision will have a thicker more abrupt foreskin edge.

Consider a baby done with plastibel. There is no way that the scar can attach itself to the penis itself because by the time the platsibel falls off, the skin edges are together and the scar is all done. (and the platibel healing is done with plastibel over glans, so the scar cannot be against the penis shaft because it is over the glans).

With a gomco, I guess it might be possible for the scar to attach itself to lower layers, but there are plenty of gomcoed males who are loose enough to still have partial covreage of head when soft, or loose enough to still be able to bring skin over part of head when hard, so that also shows that the scar does not attach to the penis shaft and remains mobile.

Tally

Experimental Member
Media
I was circumcised at birth and am currently restoring. I am a grower and started at about CI-2, flaccid, though the skin was tight when erect. After a year of manual tugging, I am about a CI-6 most of the time when flaccid. Occasionally I am CI-7, particularly when it is cooler or I am wearing briefs. Erect, my skin bunches behind the corona and I have that great gliding action when masturbating or having sex.

There is an alternative coverage index for restoring guys called The Real Coverage Index that was posted in the old FRCchat.org forums.

S

SirConcis

Until age 20, I was CI-9.
20-45 I was CI-5 soft, CI-4 hard
45 till now, I am CI-1 (or 1.5 to be more precise).

S

SirConcis

yep. dediced to get a full circumcision from the partial one I already had.

S

SirConcis

Why ? Oh, that is a loaded question.

It was a long process over many years where I was happy with my now short foreksin and didn't want to part with it, but was also aroused at the thought of getting a full circ, having the feeling of bare head in underwear and the cut look with the outline of head so visible in underwear etc etc. I eventually realised that my desire to get full cut was growing and it eventually won over desire to keep remaining foreksin.