How much has jealousy affected you?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Daydream, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Daydream

Daydream New Member

If you were jealous and you really had a feeling that tells you "He/She is cheating on me", how far would you go to get evidence?

Would you look through his/her cellphone?
    Hire a detective?
    Hack into his/her FB account?
    Ask him or her directly?

I'm usually not the jealous type but I must admit I have felt temped to hack into someone's account but I end up not doing it. What's your jealousy story?

2. jump_start

jump_start Member

Albums:
    First of all, it is NEVER ok to snoop or invade someone's privacy. However, by the time a person is driven to the point of snooping, there are usually enough other indicators present that leads one to invade another person's privacy in an attempt to appease a suspicion or feeling of infidelity.

My story:

I got a job transfer and had to move to another city. I was gone for a week to find a place to live and to take care of a few other work-related items. My boyfriend stayed at home due to not being able to take off from work. I was unable to get a hold of him for a couple of days. I didn't think too much of it, as he worked the evening shift and I didn't go out of my way to track him down, because I trusted him (that was a BIG mistake). Fast forward two weeks. I'm back home, life is good. Or so it appears to be. I open our cell phone bill and found it to be $70 higher than it should have been. His phone had an extremely high multi-media (picture) messaging charge. I logged into the picture messaging portion of my cell phone account and found several cock pics that he'd sent to some random guy. I actually called the guy, and got the story. As it turned out, my (now ex) boyfriend had been creeping around with this guy, and had actually went on a trip to a city 3 hours away with him on the days that I could not get a hold of him. I'm sure you can tell what happened in the hotel.

I printed this information out and confronted him on it when he got home from work that night. I also threw him out immediately upon completion of my confronting of him.

I don't know if this was really jealousy, now that I think about it. It was more like suspicion. Either way, I DID invade his privacy in order to confirm my suspicions. I still don't feel right about doing so, but in the grand scheme of things, my life is definitely for the better because of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted