How much is TOO much?

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I went OFF on a customer yesterday NIGHT.." As some of you know I live in Hawaii with the Hubby. I am out of the Navy and he is still in. I work at a fastfood place on base. I deal with some nice, crazy, wild, rude, happy, mean and ALL other types like one does in that kind of job. But, like I said it is on a Navy base......" The customers CAN'T just show their ASS like they do in town..."
Well, anyways I worked customer service before the Navy and now that I am out of active duty ( well..almost.. they still have me until Nov 07:rolleyes: ) Anyways, I have reg CRAZY customers and I know how to deal with them NO problem. Hell, I worked in the POST OFFICE for 8 years in the Navy.:biggrin1:
Well, I had one of my reg RUDE ones last night.." I was on Drive through ( the area the other workers REALLY HATE.) You get the WORSE of the customers their....":mad: But, anyways we were cleaning up at that time like we always do.." So, I tell the girl to pull up. Because, I wanted her to.." Plus, they always CHANGE their order:rolleyes: .." SO why even tell me through the head phones...in the damn first place...:confused: ha ha!!!!!
So, she pulls up and MY GOSH it is one of my RUDE ones.........:rolleyes: .." I was about to repeat her order like I always do and the girl goes..." Listen to ME !!! Then says her order..." I am like um......ok.........." So, I repaet it back and she is throwing out MAJOR attitude!!!!!!! I am like ok..." I want to RIP off the freaks head, but I have a job to do.." So, I get her order and look at my screen to make sure she has the right items.." I told her that we don't have corn.." She wanted two.." But, one of the people found some hiding in the hot box. We keep food in a small Hot area.." I did not know it was their.." But, anyways.." I asked her does she want the corn instead of the other side item. Because she picked that after not getting the corn.." Also, she already paid for the food. so, I could not add it on the first order.." She shoots out her rude attitude..." NO, I also want the corn. So, I ring it up. She was like I should get three since I had to wait......." I was like UGGGGGGG..." But, I said, no ma'am I can not do that.." She was really pissing me off!!!!:mad:

ALSO, SHE IS A UNDER ME IN RANK......." SHE IS ON A NAVY BASE......"
SHE WAS REALLY BEYOND THE RUDE POINT............" SHE WAS JUST BEING A BITCH........

It is one thing being rude, but come on. Every single time she comes to the place??.." Not once has she ever spoke to me in a nice manner.." REALLY.." Even my most rudest ones say thank you every now and then and end up happy. This gal was trying to treat me like I was under her boot........."

I gave her the food.." But, she kept on coming with the TUDE!!!!!!!!!:eek: I was wanting to pull this gal out of her car and BEAT her down!!!!!!!! So, I looked her straight in the eye and told her, you know what..??? I am a Petty Officer!!! So, please stop being so rude.............":mad: That is uncalled for ..." You know what that seaman told me?!?!?! SO, I don't care !!! Oh, no she did'nt go their......" I went down her DAMN throat for that one......." SHE WENT TOO FAR, WHEN SHE TOLD ME SO, I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!! I was PISSED AND GAVE IT TO HER SMART ASS.......:mad: :mad: :mad:
Like, I said, I work on a NAVY Base.." I am still in the Navy MYSELF. But, that seaman had it coming.." But, I did not plan for this what so ever.." I was so angry after she left my BELLY hurt for a hour.." I had to PRAY to calm myself down. I took other customers after her.." But, I am nice and friendly with just about all of my customers and people I work with. I was just so ANGRY!!!! I am better now.." But, dang..." She needs to work on her attitude and how she treats people when she is OFF of her job..." I wonder if she does that OUT in town??

HOW MUCH IS TOO FAR IN YOUR BOOK?

HOW MUCH HAVE YOU TAKEN FROM A RUDE CUSTOMER AT WORK..."

WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's very difficult to read your posts.

Me too. I was hoping someone would translate.

Anyway I find the following works quite well.

Customer being rude to me on the phone.

Me - "Do you know who you are speaking to?"

Customer - "No"

Me - "Well fuck off then" and hang up.

a610guy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cursing is the line for me.
I can't curse, so you don't get that option either.
Once cursing begins, I say "Stop cursing at me if
you want my help". If it continues, "I'm done here.
You'll need to wait in line again for someone else
to finish up your business". And then I just call the
next customer.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lol!!!!:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

huh??

lol!!!!!!!!:biggrin1:

medul'la oblonga'ta

—pl. medulla oblongatas, medullae oblongatae. Anat.
the lowest or hindmost part of the brain, continuous with the spinal cord. See diag. under brain.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:biggrin1:

SORRY to those of you all that don't use English ALL of the time.."

It has nothing to do with one's use of English, your general presentation and use of punctuation are bizarre, to say the least.

What's with ending every sentence with two periods and a single speech-mark, for example? Madame_zora asked you about that in a post when you first arrived here, and you've yet to explain why you don't end sentences with a single period, but rather with a cacophony of random punctuation marks.

FrenumFellow

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've noticed this phenomenon with peoples' attitudes for years. I think that a certain type of people take their problems - or their need to act superior - out on the workers in the service industry, assuming that those people are paid to take it and have no choice.

I realized that I used to just kind of ignore people working in these situations. I now take my interactions with them as an opportunity to practice kindness and express gratitude for their work, particularly since I realize that they have to put up with a lot.

And DGirl, I have to agree with QI that your writing here is a bit hard to read. Many of your sentences are brief to the point of being incomplete, which on its own might work as a certain style representing the way you might speak in person; but then then you break them up with a lot of punctuation as well, and it ends up very choppy and hard to follow. I realize that you may have been on a bit of a roll here after an emotional experience, and please consider making your posts a bit clearer for other readers.

FF

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If a customer is rude with me, I become unfailingly polite which increases if rude behaviour continues. Only once did I have a client who yelled at me when she walked into the store and I just stood there and stared at her while she unleashed her unjustified rant. When she stopped I asked if she was finished, she said "yes, but..." and began to rant again. I waited until she finished with that rant. She was watching me for a reaction and didn't get what she wanted. I looked her in the eye, smiled, said I would be happy to take care of the matter and to please sit down and relax, making it perfectly clear nothing would happen unless she did. I didn't move until she sat down.. One phone call and ten minutes later, her problem was easily solved. She apologised later saying that she shouldn't have taken her aggression out on me and thanked me for my help.

Most of my clients are great people. I've dealt with a few who have serious attitudes and enjoy being assholes, but I never take it personally and won't unless someone takes a swing at me, which hasn't happened yet. At the end of the day they're still miserable assholes but i'm still me and much happier than they are.

Telemarketers belong in a separate category. They will call and ask "is this a business?" They have no idea who they're calling so I feel it's a moral imperative to toy with them until they get tired of me and hang up. If it's a guy, i'll come on to him ("has anyone ever told you how sexy your voice is?", "guess what i'm wearing?", "know what I did last night?") I'll ask the girls where they shop, who does their hair, did they watch American Idol last night, etc. Sometimes i'll say i'm Tony Soprano and the business is "waste management". Shit like that. It's fun when I have a free moment.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SORRY to those of you all that don't use English ALL of the time.."

I use English all the time. Everything from Chaucer (not modern English) through Milton (easy, even though college students nowadays find him incomprehensible) to some modern pidgins (also not modern English). And I can fairly say that your English would be, well, non-standard anywhere in time or space. Nobody else's fault, I'm afraid, just yours. Killing the "bizarre" freeform "quotes" and the friggin' smilies :mad: would constitute a huge improvement in intelligibility.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1) Mean People Suck!

2) A lot of people these days have no sense of humanity, common sense, or decency. They are in fact flat out mean.

3) DGirl, I love you dearly; but even I sometimes have to read your posts three times to understand you. I have to assume you type in what would be considered ebonics. While many people Black, White, whatever speak this way, the wide majority of Americans do not and thus your posts are incomprehensible for many on this site. Sorry babes. :redface:

njqt466

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, you're doing one good thing right now...by venting and writing it out
showing that you still have a level head and some wits.
Good get it out of your system and move on.
U know everybody's got an ass-hole...but some people have two...sound like you ran into one.
Prehaps one of these days somebody will plug one of them up!
Stay Cool...You're in such a lovely place!
Be Safe, Be Careful, & Enjoy!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't understand why so many people choose to be rude for no reason in their every day life, it's as easy to be pleasant as it is to be horrible, I can only think that they feel inadequate in some way and that people will walk all over them if they don't get in first with some sort of attack.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
DGirl.. People have told you politely that they found your post hard to read yet you feel the need to be sarcastic to them ..wonder why your customers are so rude to you?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I havent got the patience to deal with arrogant people so id never work customer service. I say most people who do work it expect to deal with difficult customers on a daily basis, sad but its just the way society seems to be these days

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:mad: :mad: :mad:

this is for the folks that need a step by step on how to read my post

....... this means that I am still talking, I just took a breath.
!!!! this means how loud I want to get if I was talking to you.
The bold type means that it is needed to stand out.

like if I wrote a post and I was happy. It would go like this.

( I TALKED to a Hot man today!!!!! )

Do you all understand now? If not, then I could carless anyhow. I won't be coming back here anyways. I am sick of these witch hunts and who has a fake dick. I really liked that MISS V. I think that was the last straw for me when she left. I just wonder who is next? I am leaving on my own. You all that want to talk about how I write all POORLY and such. Oh, well. I will continue to write how I write. I will never change.
For folks like Whopper-lee, SpoiledPrincess, and MANY others I will miss reading your post and Chating with a lot of you all. I am just sick and tired of NEG. remarks. I been on two other sites for a year, I still go their every single day. We had our ups and downs we cryed and laughed. I go on-line to get away from the stress in my life. Not to add to it. But, my writing? What in the world is that all about. If you notice I wrote this LAST post somewhat like you all. It is bunched all together, just so you can read it. Eventhough, it is hard for me too, I wear glasses and when I type, I don't wear them. Which, I should, but I do not want to.
But, anyways BYE, happy hunting.:mad: