how much jewelry do you wear?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by East, Apr 11, 2005.

1. East

East New Member

I don't wear much, maybe some rings. what about you guys?

2. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a class ring for a while in high school, but didn't wear it much. The only thing I wear (and it's on me all the time, nearly 24/7) is my watch.

3. steve319

Gold Member

Same situation here, Altairion. Had a class ring in hs but didn't really wear it much.

Today I don't wear jewelry of any sort--not even a watch. I'm one of those freaky people who kill watches by wearing/handling them. I remember even zapping several watches belonging to my very first girlfriend, maybe because she would always ask me to set them for her.

(anyone know anything about this phenomenon?)

4. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    right now? okay, from the top: 5 earrings, a neckchain, 1 nipple ring, 6 finger rings

5. naughty

Gold Member

Hi,

I wear silver almost exclusively. I have two Navajo split cuffs, two split rings and two earings which I wear almost daily.

Naughty

6. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

A silver ring with the Greek symbol for good luck and a silver bar through my tongue, that's all.

7. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Two silver pendants on leather straps I am rarely seen without, which carry very serious emotional/spiritual qualities for me. Two nipple rings or barbells. Generally a watch. Prince Albert ring or curved barbell and once in a while the barbell that goes in my frenum piercing. Sometimes a bracelet or leather wrist strap. Other than that? Not much. Every piece of jewelry or body jewelry holds special meaning or marked a life passage for me. Like today, I wore my late fathers watch. Dunno, just odd in my relationships to animate objects, huh? And waaaaayy too much info.

PS; and sometimes other kinky shit we won't mention in polite company. :evilgrin:

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yes, I have it as well. Something about the electricity in my body zaps the batteries out of watches, jams copiers and fax machines, shorts out small office equipment at very odd rates. I've had to replace the five year battery three times in my watch in the last five years, as well as have some work done on the circuits. Stubbornly, I keep wearing the darned thing, it's the first decent watch I've ever had and I've made it work for over ten years. Also wear my mother's birthstone ring and a compliment pinky ring I had made to go with it, and now my nose ring.

9. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I wear a small gold hoop in each ear, my wedding ring, a watch and a bracelet.

10. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I just wear a watch. I used to wear a signet ring with my initals on it, but when I play the piano or the organ, it always turns and starts to "clack" against the keys, so I ended up always taking it off. I just ended up leaving it off more than I wore it, so now I never wear it.

11. prepky

prepky New Member

Albums:
    just a watch and my wedding band

prep

12. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

my wedding ring, a necklace with a small gold sanddollar, a pair of diamond earrings that I got for my 7th anniversary, and a watch every now and then.

13. steve319

Gold Member

Wow, that explains a lot for me. Everyone at work (myself included) jokes about how they'd better get to the copier before I do because almost invariably I'll jam it or cause it to react in some insane, all-lights-flashing-and-beeping-like-the-end-is-near kind of way. Funny, because I've always been pretty comfy with tech stuff and never had many PC problems.

(famous last words, there....)

14. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, that explains a lot for me. Everyone at work (myself included) jokes about how they'd better get to the copier before I do because almost invariably I'll jam it or cause it to react in some insane, all-lights-flashing-and-beeping-like-the-end-is-near kind of way. Funny, because I've always been pretty comfy with tech stuff and never had many PC problems.

(famous last words, there....)
    [post=299994]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Wow, I've never heard of anything like that, but it sounds kinda cool if you two could learn to do tricks with your mutant powers :)

Jana, I'm amazed that you can make a watch last 10 years despite needing to change the batteries. Over the past four years I've had 2 watches, one needed to be replaced because I screwed up the band playing football, and my current one already had a band replaced after it fell apart and now the seal on the watch face isn't solid so there is moisture on the inside. It's already flat out stopped twice in the past two days, so this watch is probably goin to the graveyard soon.

15. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    my watch has been working fine for 10 years and I've never needed to change the batteries.

16. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

is it a wind-up?

17. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I collect and wear Swiss watches. Love'em.

SG

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

Wow, I've never heard of anything like that, but it sounds kinda cool if you two could learn to do tricks with your mutant powers :)

Jana, I'm amazed that you can make a watch last 10 years despite needing to change the batteries. Over the past four years I've had 2 watches, one needed to be replaced because I screwed up the band playing football, and my current one already had a band replaced after it fell apart and now the seal on the watch face isn't solid so there is moisture on the inside. It's already flat out stopped twice in the past two days, so this watch is probably goin to the graveyard soon.
    [post=300116]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

It's funny now, but years ago when technology was newer I really resented the implications that I just didn't know how to run simple office equipment.

The watch is a Tissot waterproof watch I got in the Bahamas, it's been to the depths of the ocean with me as well as worn frequently in the shower. I was told after the circuits were rewired that it is no longer waterproof, but it's still a reliable timepiece as long as I get a five year battery about every two years. I have very high iron in my blood, nobody knows if this is a contributing factor, but it's the best guess I can come up with.

19. Sam1070

Sam1070 New Member

watch only.

20. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not much, and what I do wear is natural, like hemp and shell. I've never been a fan of metal.

Draft saved Draft deleted