How much longer?

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ohhhh dubya. I getcha now

Could it be that he was a good man and a great president?

Nope, it was because he savaged a Vietnam veteran's service, turning it into a liability, while making himself out to be some war hero. He used gays as political footballs, and hammered the Democrats as weak on defense. He ended up getting re-elected via the smallest margin of any incumbent president in the history of the U.S.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pretty much anyone could do a better job than the man in the presidency now.
To say the least, this is a misrepresentation of President Obama's performance as executive. He has been OK, not great, not the figure I had hoped, but without knowing what metrics you're utilizing, his victories and failings when placed side-by-side point to an average presidency in an unusual era. There aren't many who could have dealt with the issues he inherited - even President Bush couldn't handle it, as he checked out while the economy crashed - however, "anyone"(?) that makes it impossible to take your statements seriously.

D_Henry_Deutschendorf

Account Disabled
Media
I am to the point where it doesn't matter. Start the countdown clock whenever you want to for whoever we decide is going to be our salvation next. Guess what? They aren't. Too much gridlock, too many heavy issues avoided while we debate pedantic banal nonissues to the ground all too often. I have voted in every pres election since I was old enough to vote, watched the debates, followed the ideas of those I voted for, etc. It doesn't matter. Elect an eggplant or a lemur or how about a dolphin? Just as much will get done, because congress and the senate will continue bickering and infighting and pointing fingers while NOTHING gets changed (Healthcare, Education, Soc Sec, Debt Ceiling, Afghanistan, Iraq, Debt to foreign countries, etc). That's my take as a disillusioned "over-it" American registered voter.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To say the least, this is a misrepresentation of President Obama's performance as executive. He has been OK, not great, not the figure I had hoped, but without knowing what metrics you're utilizing, his victories and failings when placed side-by-side point to an average presidency in an unusual era. There aren't many who could have dealt with the issues he inherited - even President Bush couldn't handle it, as he checked out while the economy crashed - however, "anyone"(?) that makes it impossible to take your statements seriously.

What have you been smoking all this time?:rolleyes:

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am to the point where it doesn't matter. Start the countdown clock whenever you want to for whoever we decide is going to be our salvation next. Guess what? They aren't. Too much gridlock, too many heavy issues avoided while we debate pedantic banal nonissues to the ground all too often. I have voted in every pres election since I was old enough to vote, watched the debates, followed the ideas of those I voted for, etc. It doesn't matter. Elect an eggplant or a lemur or how about a dolphin? Just as much will get done, because congress and the senate will continue bickering and infighting and pointing fingers while NOTHING gets changed (Healthcare, Education, Soc Sec, Debt Ceiling, Afghanistan, Iraq, Debt to foreign countries, etc). That's my take as a disillusioned "over-it" American registered voter.

This.

D

deleted15807

Elect an eggplant or a lemur or how about a dolphin? Just as much will get done, because congress and the senate will continue bickering and infighting and pointing fingers while NOTHING gets changed (Healthcare, Education, Soc Sec, Debt Ceiling, Afghanistan, Iraq, Debt to foreign countries, etc). That's my take as a disillusioned "over-it" American registered voter.

There is no way all 'that' would be so off-the-tracks if Al Gore had won in 2000. It's going to take a generation to undo 30+ years of damage Reagan and his disciples have done and continue to do. As long as you have selfish willfully ignorant voters it will continue. In other words 'no end in sight'.

The Wrecking Crew: How Conservatives Rule

Last edited by a moderator:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Careful, Vinyl. The same could have been said about supporters of Barack in 2008.

Many are still saying it now. They'll always think of some ridiculous excuse as to why people supported Obama in 2008 or even support him currently. Some of them want to reduce it to mind numbing things such as his skin color, or because he knew how to deliver a speech, or because of the catchy "hope & change" bumper sticker catchphrase or any of that other bullshit. I was originally a Hillary supporter. I eventually voted for Obama because it was down to he and McCain come election time and given the two choices I thought he would be the better person for the job based on their stances on issues that I cared about the most.

But those who are so hell bent on proving that nobody could have ever voted for someone based on the issues and only because he looks & sounds pretty on TV will never listen to reason. That's because they, themselves, do it and think what they do must be what everyone else does... but we can't tell them that either. So screw 'em.