How much money do you carry on you?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I always like to have at least $200 in my wallet. Usually any purchase over $20 goes on my credit card anyway.

I got stuck once when my car was towed in Manhattan. They had no ATM at the place and did not take credit cards. I had to walk a mile each way to get to an ATM.

I heard the story a while back about someone who got robbed at gunpoint at a 7/11 and only had $1 on them. That can be dangerous too, because I've heard stories of people getting killed because they did not have enough money on them.
I think people who leave less that $20 in their wallet at all times are foolish.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I normally have between £20 and £100 in my purse, I use credit cards to pay for most things over a couple of pounds, when I get down to around £20 I just go to the ATM which is less than two minutes away.

ballgagsnippleclamps

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I heard the story a while back about someone who got robbed and only had $1 on them. That can be dangerous too, because I've heard stories of people getting killed because they did not have enough money on them.
I think people who leave less that $20 in their wallet at all times are foolish.

I'll give you confirmation to the story. One of my bartenders got split open one night for not having any money for them to take off him. Got some lovely pictures to prove it.

Now to the question, depending on how busy the bar is on any given week between 300 and 1200 at any given time. Don't believe in credit cards anymore, just use a prepaid one for ease of paying some bills.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I always pay with cash whenever possible. I'm doing my bit to delay the institution of money cards. The general "business" opinion is that once paying for purchases under the $20 threshold with a credit card is commonplace, countries (mainly the U.S.) will start using standardized money cards instead of real currency.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Pretty much cash only or debit card here. I carry between 0 and 200TLira and I always have 100 euro as well. I use the Visa for airline and hotel reservations and that's it. I don't like personal debt.

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Usually between €200 - €600 depending on what i intend to do for the afternoon/ evening. Don't have any cards but that will change next year as I'll require one when vacationing in the US.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually have about $500 in my wallet at any one time. I'm trying to ease off on my credit cards. You swipe them and don't feel the financial repercussions, so I'm trying to be proactively frugal by forcing myself to see the bills disappear one by one. I'm pretty shit with money.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A fistful of dollars (well, OK about £50). I usually have a smattering of other currencies, generally US$ and Euros - though I also have 500,000 Kwacha and about 500 Rand right now.

It takes a while for me to clear out my wallet which is usually done when it won't close which is rarely from a surfeit of cash but one of receipts!!.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Usually over €100. If you get stopped by the "Gurdia Civil" in your car and get a fine (usually up to €90) you have to pay it in cash on the spot. If you don't your car is impounded there and then. They do spot checks regulary and can usually find something to "do" you for. They are really strict about what you must keep in your car at all times. EG not only do you need your insurance certificate you need the receipt to show that you have paid it too. You have to have a spare bulb for every light in your car, a first aid kit, yellow jackets and red triangles in case of breakdown and list goes on and on.

Tlss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I carry around Dhs. 1,500 (That's around 400 dollars) and I only use my credit cards for emergencies and nothing else.