How Much Money Would It Take for You to Model Nude?

How Much Money Would It Take for You to Pose Model Nude for an Art Class (Drawing)

• Total voters

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
DesertCruiser said:
If I had a great body and looks to match, it wouldn't take much. The way I am now, it would take a bundle.

Ditto for me.

If I wasn't busy doing anything else more profitable, I'd do it for $50-$100/hr... but I can't see why anyone would pay me $50/hr when there are plenty of people who do it for free.

Blueshift

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Going rate at most colleges for nude models for classes is between $10 and $20 an hour. Just for comparison. Almost never is a model paid on a "per picture" basis due to the nature of the work. It's a time thing.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha, good question, montroyal. Apparently most of the replies so far are from people who have neither modelled for an art class, nor taken an art class with a live model.

The models are often very attractive, but not always. The teacher wants the students to get experience with a variety of ages, shapes, and sizes... so us old fat guys have a chance, too.

As for how much, it would have to be a lot. Art class modelling is a hard job, harder than most people realize. You most often are posed in a not-too-comfy position, and have to be very very still throughout the class. Some of the resulting artwork may be sexy, but the posing is definitely NOT. It's most often rather painful, in fact.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HangX said:
I've already done it. Great experience, also paid $75 per 45 minute session, 2 a week for 12 weeks, and that was several years ago.
HangX, do you agree with my assessment that it is much harder to do than most people realize?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
HangX said:
I've already done it. Great experience, also paid $75 per 45 minute session, 2 a week for 12 weeks, and that was several years ago.

Those lucky art students!:wink:

As for me? I would never do it, nor would I consider doing it. I am much too self-conscious, shy, and uncomfortable with being nude.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did it several times during college as a favor to friends who were art students. No problem although it was interesting, on one occasion, to go to an exhibit of students' work and stand around talking with people I knew with a pastel drawing of me right there. I wasn't embarrassed, it was just kind of different.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
Ha, good question, montroyal. Apparently most of the replies so far are from people who have neither modelled for an art class, nor taken an art class with a live model.

The models are often very attractive, but not always. The teacher wants the students to get experience with a variety of ages, shapes, and sizes... so us old fat guys have a chance, too.

Not sure if that was directed at me... but the point I was trying to make was not so much that art classes only take attractive people... but that I would be more willing to model (i.e. exhibitionistic) for less if I was more attractive.

As I am now, I'd require cash to get past my selfconsciousness.

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did it 4 times in college when my dad didn't send me money. I was paid per class. At first it was awkward but then I liked it. The instructor asked me out. He was like 50 I guess.
Jake
PS I loved some of the finished products. It's amazing how other people interpret you or focus on when looking at you.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
rob_just_rob said:
Not sure if that was directed at me... but the point I was trying to make was not so much that art classes only take attractive people... but that I would be more willing to model (i.e. exhibitionistic) for less if I was more attractive.

As I am now, I'd require cash to get past my selfconsciousness.

I was an art major in undergraduate. For our life drawing classes, they used models of all shapes and sizes. I am not sure what they were paid.

I assumed this thread was about magazine shoots-which generally do not pay much more than $300-500 for the shoot (and your travel and hotel--and some don't even pay that).