How Much of Your Ego Is Connected to Your Cock

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am going to admit that it is probable that a disproportionate amount of my self esteem and ego is support by the couple of extra inches that I have over most guys. I don't think this makes me a bad person, though it may make me kind of shallow.

What about you?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand - as men, our dicks are so very important because, in many ways, it is a representation of our masculinity, at least that's how I see it (it's not the only thing that makes us men, for sure, but it's an important part). So I would agree that having a large penis can make us feel more manly than other lesser-endowed men, and that can easily translate into getting a big head (no, not THAT head).

I know when I first realized that I had a big dick, I felt like the king of the world, lol... But that passed, and came back to my chill self after a while. We gotta keep the ego in check at all time, as much as possible... although, I have to say - being well-endowed is a nice confidence boost.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I figure that sexual confidence has a great deal to do with how we deal with others - even in seemingly none sexual situations. It changes how we deal with people. Since penis size is so "out there" as an issue now, you can't help but feel supported in your sexuality when you find out you have a bit extra.

D_mel arky

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Rope!
I also think that a lot of my ego has to do with my cock too but not for the size of it; i believe that to a certain degree it is kind of "healthy"to do and think this way for every man... i could not say how much %; but once a certain degree of "cock self esteem" is "tresspassed" it becomes a fixation and then the consequences for the "ego" are rather negative. just a quick thought about...

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sexually, all of it.

I believe my signature (at the bottom of my post) is very true.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree that it is THE focal point of our masculinity, although it certainly is a big part (in more ways than one, especially for us guys in here, lol). But I've had sexual encounters with women where I never took off my pants (basically, I just gave them head) and they were incredibly turned on and came like crazy, mostly because I tend to exude sexual confidence - I know what I want, and how to get it (those words are from a fuck friend, not mine). So sexually speaking, I don't think it's all that.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's perhaps true for you, soldier, but not for everyone.

It seems pointless to me to swell your ego due to something over which you have no control.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm comfortable with who I am but I don't think much of that has to do with the size of my cock. I feel like I have a lot to offer in terms of what I can bring to the adult relationships I enter into, and some of that has to do with me penis, but not a significant portion. Maybe if I was below average I would feel differently. I don't obsess about the size of my dick but I am glad that it's never really something that I had to feel self-concious or anxious about.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm comfortable with who I am but I don't think much of that has to do with the size of my cock. I feel like I have a lot to offer in terms of what I can bring to the adult relationships I enter into, and some of that has to do with me penis, but not a significant portion. Maybe if I was below average I would feel differently. I don't obsess about the size of my dick but I am glad that it's never really something that I had to feel self-concious or anxious about.

You know, you make a good point - I think, as large men, our perspective is skewed. If I had a four inch dick, for exemple, I'd probably feel a whole lot more self-conscious than I am now, which would almost certainly affect my confidence and ego... although I'm sure there's plenty of small-dicked men who have no confidence issues.

It would be interesting to hear the point of view from smaller men.

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interesting question and interesting answers. It's made me think. Perhaps there are two broad areas of life: one in which my dick doesn't figure and one in which it does - and in both areas my ego operates, I suppose.

The first is the general 'external' world of daily business, contacts, friendships, leisure, work and worries. In all of this I think my ego is influenced and built up or put down by very many factors, but certainly not by having a cock a bit bigger than someone else's! I am just not conscious of it. Unless - perhaps I should add - I've had a good pump session (which I enjoy) and I'm conscious of trying to hide the results, but that has nothing to do with ego, more with embarrassment.

The other area concerns myself - perhaps the 'essential ego'. A deep ambivalence here: on the one hand I know that cock size has absolutely nothing to do with who I really am, my nature, character, abilities, my worth as a person ... it's all illusion, all in the mind. Equally I value other people regardless of their possessing a dick large or average (which latter it usually is). And yet I am fascinated by the large penis, and always have been since a teenager - other people's and my own. So there's a tremendous amount of sexual self-love going on here, which is my private world and must therefore define a very large part of what I am to myself, as distinct from what I genuinely am to the world beyond myself. I suppose that, in the end, this can be dismissed as illusion too; and yet it's not, it's desperately real.

Better stop, or I'll be right out of my depth. Hope it makes a little sense, but sorry if it doesn't.

Sh0t

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not much, as it relates to size. I have a gigantic ego, but it mostly comes from other things. Even sexually, I feel more egotistical about my unfortunate stamina(I take forever to cum sometimes, if I cum at all), and my ability to learn a new lover.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
My ego is so complex (isn't everybody's, after all?).

I have an animal and irrational part that is defenetly boosted by my size: thinking I have a bigger than average member, and knowing some guys do envy me is sure a part of this, just like noticing stares at locker rooms and urinals.

But my rational part takes strenght frim some of the achievements I reached with my own capacities (i.e. graduation): I am trying to develop a career, and to be as good as I can in my work.

My inner part takes strenght from the relationships I bulit with other persons: my girlfriend at the first place, but also my family and my friends. I feel strong, because I love and feel loved, because I can give much to others, and I feel others willing to give something to me (do not misuderstand me, I do not mean that I give as long as I receive).

At the end, when I feel sad, weak and useless, when sorrow is like a knot down my throat, I cling to the inner part.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think the importance of the size of your dick, has mostly to do with your experiences in life. If you have gotten confidence, because others have raised your ego because of your cock, your cock size is an important part of your ego. If your ego has been trashed because others have used a lesser size to hurt you, it is still a big part of your ego, but in the opposite direction. If your peer group places a lot of value on a large cock, as much of the gay community does, for instance, and you want to feel valued in your peer group, then it makes a difference. If your ego has been mostly built by your accomplishments, and your character, and your dick size hasn't ever been an issue, then it doesn;t make much ifference. That's how I see it, anyway.

HorseHungHouseHusband

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The size of my equipment has influenced my ego. I would say that is true of all of us here because we are using what free time we have to log onto a website to discuss these matters instead of doing something else with this time.

That said, my ego has been influenced by all of my life experiences, not by dick size alone.

D

deleted26151

To be honest it never really affected my ego until I found this site! Lol

AshleyJel

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well I don't have a cock but with my expriances with people who do, There usualy ethier really shy or open about it. The guys who are open tend to be borderline cocky for me sometimes though, other times there confidance can be sexy.