how much relationship baggage do/did you have?

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
silly you!
in a relationship the other poor mug carries it for you.

Hah, yes indeed :tongue:
That or they are doing some interior roleplaying and taking their unsolved issues and anger from their previous boyfriend (or girlfriend) out on you. That's always fun. But it is smart to learn from previous experiences, and learn warning signs to avoid people with similar problems. And partially thanks to Dolfette's advice and some others here I walked away from the last one that was dumping truckloads of baggage and treating me in ways I didn't deserve. Baggage is fun. Now I pay to have it shipped to Angola.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have none. I am too lazy to carry it.
silly you!
in a relationship the other poor mug carries it for you.

And you end up with another fucked up relationship!

First marriage of 4.5 yrs was to an abuser...made me a much stronger woman.

Second marriage of 18.9 yrs was to an unattentive .... made me self sufficient.

I left my baggage behind.... it's not worth it to me to carry it around...

I still trust and I still want to love.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
As far as baggage goes with me, since I've never been in any previous relationships, I haven't had any baggage in that sense. But I have found that I still have relationship baggage. I've been alone my whole life, and I've found that being close to someone and being in love has been somewhat of a shock to my system that I'm trying to deal with. It's just something I never expected to happen, but how could I have even seen it coming?

I love Stacy, and I am very lucky that she loves me back and understands how I feel and what I am feeling. It's especially hard to be so far away from each other and go through these feelings, but we're fortunate to have an amazing ability to communicate with each other when we are together. I've never been able to connect with anyone else like her before. It's wonderful!

i used to have a lot of hang-ups about men, especially cheating men, and it was why i refused to commit to anyone. i always thought my parents had a picture-pefect marriage... until my dad cheated on my mom. then shortly after my bf at the time cheated on me four months later. both of those experiences shattered my world and it was the reason why i no longer wanted to share my life to someone else, especially another man.

then one year ago, i met someone who changed all of that. i learned to let go of how i used to feel towards men, and he showed me that i was capable of loving again. i got a second chance, and taking that chance was the best decision i ever made.

Awww, I love you too baby. :redface: :heart: