How much weight do you need to loose/gain to be your ideal size?

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm surprised how many people are unhappy with their current weight. Are you happy with your current weight?

With 1/3rd of Americans being obese these days I'm not surprised people are unhappy with their weight. I'm not, but I finally decided to do something about it...down 60 lbs since June and counting.

Just a simple matter of quitting the blaming of everything and everyone for poor nutrition and lifestyle choices and then doing what is necessary to correct them. Eat right, exercise more and lift some weights...no programs, no pills and no gimmicks. Less calories in then your body needs and weight comes off...simple math.

I'm one of the fat folks that has no problem with paying more for clothes, two seats on a plane, health insurance, etc. Being fat is, MOST OF THE TIME, a choice that a person makes. Every choice has consequences.

Marina67

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am one who is currently overweight (I know so, but the doc told me so as well!) and not happy with being overweight.

With 1/3rd of Americans being obese these days I'm not surprised people are unhappy with their weight. I'm not, but I finally decided to do something about it...down 60 lbs since June and counting.

Congratulations on the weight loss thus far!

Just a simple matter of quitting the blaming of everything and everyone for poor nutrition and lifestyle choices and then doing what is necessary to correct them. Eat right, exercise more and lift some weights...no programs, no pills and no gimmicks. Less calories in then your body needs and weight comes off...simple math.

Glad to hear someone say this. I've heard too many people (online and in real life) make excuses for being overweight. I admit to being sloppy in lifestyle choices, bad eating habits, and inadequate exercise, but also proud to proclaim when I've lost the weight and attribute it to better lifestyle choices. I'm on the way back to living more mindfully and healthily again.

I'm one of the fat folks that has no problem with paying more for clothes, two seats on a plane, health insurance, etc. Being fat is, MOST OF THE TIME, a choice that a person makes. Every choice has consequences.

Just had to repeat that. Thanks for your response.

parchissi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not really overly excited about my weight at the moment. I go up and down over the years it seems - as I get older and a bit slower the weight seems harder to move. I run every day about 8 - 10 kms and very active during the day - my main problem is I think I cook too much and have too many dinner parties!!!! I love cooking and entertaining and each time I do its got to be a banquet!!!! If I suck in my stomach I look ok!!!! ehehehehe. Thanks for the post. Cheers.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
feel for the ladies especially re overweight
been fortunate myself
recall being weighed for rugby when 13 and was a nuggety 7 stone / 45kg
got up to 11 / 70kg and has not varied, well maybe 12 max at one stage
currently 73kg .. more than content
considering do limited exercise.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not sure how much weight I need to lose to be my ideal size. I'm not even too sure what my ideal size actually is.

I've recently lost almost 40kg and I'm back to the weight I was when I was in my late teens/early twenties, but back then I had more muscle and less fat, so I have a little further to go.

D_Ricky Dickardo

Loved Member
Media
I lost about 10 pounds in the last few weeks, just by doing more strenuous activities around the house (moving dirt, splitting firewood...) , drinking more water and eating less carbs. I need to lose about 20 more. Last time I weighed less than 200 lbs, people started to ask me if I was sick.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not happy about my weight, but there's no point in me complaining because I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

I hover between 120-130 kgs (I don't know exact because my bathroom scales only go up to 120, lol!) - my doctor (and my furniture :tongue:) wants me to lose 30-40 kgs.

I recently completed a 6-month "Work For The Dole" project which involved a lot of physical activity. I had hoped the exercise would do me good but it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Same situation when dog-sitting a couple years ago. I thought walking my brother's dog every day for 8 months would help me lose weight. It was very good for my blood pressure but in terms of weight loss.....NOTHING!

shyRNguy

1st Like
Media
Interesting...some recent research suggests that 60% of women are unhappy about their weight (being overweight). And surprisingly, 60% of men are unhappy about their weight (just that half of these men want to GAIN weight and the other half want to lose weight).

I need to lose about 25 lbs....already done 25 since August 1st.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I recently completed a 6-month "Work For The Dole" project which involved a lot of physical activity. I had hoped the exercise would do me good but it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Same situation when dog-sitting a couple years ago. I thought walking my brother's dog every day for 8 months would help me lose weight. It was very good for my blood pressure but in terms of weight loss.....NOTHING!

Exercise contributes bugger all to weight loss. It's brilliant for health reasons and for muscle toning, and it's not as though it does nothing for weight loss at all, but it burns fuck all calories.

Food reduction on the other hand, is brilliant for weight loss.

Although I could be biased. My almost-40kg was done entirely through food, no exercise. I'm getting to the point now where pure weight loss can't do a lot more for me - just a couple of kilos to go - so I'm gonna have to get started on some exercise soon, but the weight loss itself didn't need exercise.

Not looking forward to the exercise part. I'm supremely lazy.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm fairly happy with my weight. I'm 5'8" and weigh right around 150# with a 90% waist to hip ratio. Not bad given that I'm over sixty years of age. My waist is a bit soft and I would like that to change but I HATE cardio and it may have more to do with old skin than bodyfat. I would love to have a tight nipped-in waist and about 10# more muscle. However, given my age, laziness, and and worn out knees, it probably isn't going to happen.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm back at my ideal weight of 170 lbs. I gained about 20 pounds when I quit smoking (6 months ago yea me!) It was easy to gain but a lot of work to get it back off.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no idea how much I weigh. Could be 8 stone, could be 15 stone; genuinely have no idea.

But I do know I could do with replacing some of the fat that's been gradually increasing since my early twenties with muscle. So I guess increas it a fraction, possibly?

D_Pokin Joe Frazier

Experimental Member
Media
I weigh 230lbs. Right now but am trying lean out just a bit for Halloween then right after that I am going to try and get my weight up to 250lbs. Muscles of course I workout alot and am in good shape but I want more muscle.