How often and when do you feel like a kid again?

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is a part of me that is still very connected to the little boy inside me. He's very boisterous when I ride my bike, especially when going fast downhill. He still laughs when jumping waves in the ocean. I get a kick out of so many little things in life that I'm very often highly enthusiastic about things that most people consider insignificant. I use a saying that I heard from somebody: "I may grow old, but I never grow up!"

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is a part of me that is still very connected to the little boy inside me. He's very boisterous when I ride my bike, especially when going fast downhill. He still laughs when jumping waves in the ocean. I get a kick out of so many little things in life that I'm very often highly enthusiastic about things that most people consider insignificant. I use a saying that I heard from somebody: "I may grow old, but I never grow up!"

Do you meditate sdbg? You seem so well adjusted.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Happiness is not a continuation of pleasant sensations (totally impossible), but rather a content state of being with your life as it is in the present.

Kids don't make us happy in themselves, but acting like one can be a step in the right direction towards that end. Children are more content, less judgmental, and usually live in the present -- all ingredients that will lead to contentment (aka "happiness"). We, as adults, need to do the same, even though we'll have to spend lots of time ridding ourselves of these layers upon layers of "grown-up" illusions.

Some people are a bit more content than others naturally, but even these folks trick themselves into thinking they're happier than what they really are. Happy just doesn't come easy -- plain and simple.

Who's happy? Well, for one, Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche is a happy creature, but he's worked extremely hard to become just that -- happy! Another one who comes to mind is the Catholic nun Bridge McKenna. Again, it's not magic, as she's spent her whole life on achieving this end, and now she's "happily" there. You see, they bypass the world's definition and travel the true road to peace. And that's a sacrifice (yes, happiness is a sacrifice - how ironic!).

I became aware I breathed a beautiful breath given to me by my god, and then I knew I was free.:wink:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I play with my friend's kid. The first real snow of winter. Swimming in the sea. When I'm playing badminton. These are the times when I forget about the daily grind and just switch off and do rather than think and plan.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I did have a nice childhood so when I mean kid I'm thinking of a time where there were no worries, not concerned about what others thought of you, slept soundly at night and always woke up refreshed, no sense of time, had fun with ease as you had a sense of freedom and less emotional baggage or expectations and a time when I was not so bound by fears and concerns. I'd say those years between being 9-12 years old.

The first bit of NudeYorker's post could easily have been written by me, though I started parenting my parents as much as they parented me as far back as I can remember.

The quote above, near as I can tell, bears no resemblance to any time in my life; the adults in my life were constantly interjecting their dramas into my consciousness, and I've always been very mindful of time.

The only time I ever felt really, wonderfully free and kid-like was at Amusement Parks, but unlike Nudie, now they just make me kinda head-swimmy and nauseated :rolleyes: :redface:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i'll never forget how to be a kid, and having my niece around me 24/7 is what keeps me feeling that way. she's in preschool and it's the age of princesses, play dough, and and power rangers (in her book anyway). i absolutely love being able to do everything she does, and she brings out my inner child. doing kid-friendly things with her gives me a valid reason to play with toys again... and i get to have slumber parties, watch cartoons, fly kites, blow bubbles, go to the beach and dig in the sand, and eat cereal for every meal. i honestly think that if i didn't have my niece, i'd be a bitter old fuck drowning in misery over unnecessary things that take away the quality of life.