How often do you call your SO by their first name?

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How often do you call your partner by their first name as opposed to affectionate names or calling them "honey" "sweetheart" "babe" "bitch" "asshole" or whatever. I see many couples I know that almost never call each other by their first name unless it's something serious, or they are upset about something.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hardly ever. It actually sounds odd when I use his name. Usually only when others are around and I need to call him to help in the kitchen or something. Usually I just start talking or call him by a term of endearment.

D

deleted730192

Rarely. I probably use my parents' first names more often.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably 90% of the time I call him by his given name. Just feels closer.
I do use cutesy names names at times, but not often.
I'd say he does the same. We just never got into pet names.

It is an interesting subject tho, we have friends ( only married about 4 years) who both call each other hun; probably more than they use each others names.

Now, when you have kids, there is that " mom", don't you agree it's just about bedtime?"
When kids are really young, parents can forget their own name !

1958ST

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
since we are around the public most of the time, I would say 80% of the time we use our given names. We like each others names have for over 30 years.

The rest of the time it is usually a shortened form of the given name or as a leftover from the kids (like mumzi above) it is likely
dad, daddy, mom, mother. However, when initiating privately or getting intimate or in the midst of sex the nicknames appear.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do NOT call me baby, honey, sugar, sweety or fucktard.

I use first names, always have always will, so you had better do the same.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I don't use his first name ever - but then neither does he or anyone else who knows him - he's know by a diminutive of his 2nd name - I use that name at least as often as a term of endearment, if not more so. That's face to face.

As we're still LDRing a lot of our daily coms is written - I don't believe I use his name much at all in writing, I usually opt for 'babe' or 'sweetheart', sometimes 'my love'.

When talking about him I use his name, or if here his handle.

Russ311

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I use asshole a lot haha! But then I usually call him dude, really only use Billy when talking to others. And most others know him as my favoirte nickname for him-fuckwad!

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't use his first name ever - but then neither does he or anyone else who knows him - he's know by a diminutive of his 2nd name - I use that name at least as often as a term of endearment, if not more so. That's face to face.

As we're still LDRing a lot of our daily coms is written - I don't believe I use his name much at all in writing, I usually opt for 'babe' or 'sweetheart', sometimes 'my love'.

When talking about him I use his name, or if here his handle.
Heh. You're going to have my handle all up in you a week from this very moment.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
all the time. she wants me to use her new nickname that's come up in the last few years and I still just call her by her name.

not that fond of the nickname anyway

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't have a SO, but when I am in a relationship I actually prefer to use first names but will on occasion use terms of endearment if the mood calls for it, or a nickname if teasing.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Depends on the relationship. Last one, I was his baby and he was mine. It felt good, where it wouldn't with anyone else.

BallzDeepinMe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get in trouble if I call him by his name, He won't answer if I do. He says it sounds weird, and I would have to agree, tons of names but 2 really stick out and we use them all the time even in public. I love being in love and feel that I am the luckiest guy on the planet.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When we are alone, I call him Sir.

When speaking to people I know are kink-friendly, I call him Sir.

When speaking to my family and friends I call him HisFirstName-Sir. I manage to get away with it because of a joke I made to my mum early in our relationship. He's even on our PS3 system as HisFirstName-Sir.

When speaking to HIS friends I try to avoid calling him anything at all as I can't use Sir. On those occasions when I MUST use his first name (without the Sir) I have to concentrate to do so.

He doesn't use my first name much either.