How often do you call your SO by their first name?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I usually use his name.

I suppose I'm backwards because there is a nickname I use when I am mad at him that began as a sort of goofy joke because I was genuinely mad at him at the moment but did not want to hurt him and was having a difficult time expressing both feelings of anger and not-wanting-to-hurt-him. The silliness of the nickname makes it less hurtful I think. I just asked him and when I used my "angry nickname" he smiled so big and genuinely that I already knew the answer but I asked him anyway and he nodded enthusiastically when he said that my silly "I'm mad at you!" nickname takes away some of the sting off my anger.

Last edited:

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I was in a relationship we used terms of endearment in Czech. It was the same as saying sweetie or sweet heart but so much cuter. I wish people understood it here because I say it to cute puppies too. Strange that I speak Czech to pets?!

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I call him by his first name almost all the time. He has a few pet names for me that he uses sometimes, but he usually calls me by my first name. One of his pet names for me is chocha, but I call him that too sometimes, except for one day when he was being a real bitch and I called him a cunt in front of his mother. It's a good thing she doesn't speak English, and doesn't have a clue what the word means.

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I rarely do know that you mention it. I will say it when discussing Tyrone but rarely say it to him.

I'm the very same, I always call him by name when I'm talking to friends or family, etc. I rarely use his name when I'm talking to him. I don't even realize it half the time.

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Its mostly pets names, but I refer to her as my girlfriend or her name to others. I should use her name more often. She has a cool name.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In private/alone in public with the ex it was 90% pet names. With others around it was always first name, as the pet names would have brought up to much shite from others