How often do you check for std? do you have herpes?

shotinstar

Sexy Member
Media
Hi.

I'm really worried that I can't sleep. I think I might have herpes. :sob: My anus is a bit itchy but it could be hemorrhoids. I've never been penetrated, so if I've got herpes, life really sucks for me.
I just read on the internet that herpes has no cure. I'm f*cked!!

What am I gonna do?

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've never been penetrated, so if I've got herpes, life really sucks for me.

Stud, If you have never been penetrated I do not think you could get herpes unless you got them when you were the top!!

D

deleted300444

Hi.

I'm really worried that I can't sleep. I think I might have herpes. :sob: My anus is a bit itchy but it could be hemorrhoids. I've never been penetrated, so if I've got herpes, life really sucks for me.

What am I gonna do?

Simple Solution:
1. Call your primary care physician for an appointment and screening.

2. PCP's can charge high cost for lab work; instead, go your local public health agency/clinic. You might get in faster and cheaper.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi.

What am I gonna do?

Don't panic. Herpes isn't going to kill you. Go to the CDC website and read their page on HSV. Canker or cold sore usually happens at point of contact so it's unlikely your itchy anus is herpes if you haven't been penetrated. See your doctor.

Half of kindergardeners in the US are seropositive for HSV1 ("facial herpes") it's so easily spread. So are about 70% of adults by age 30. HSV2 ("genital herpes") is less common but widespread. The vast majority of people with herpes never have an outbreak (canker or cold sore). Their immune systems handle the virus. There are good medications to help those who suffer frequent outbreaks.

After reading about herpes read all the other CDC webpages on STDs. Now go to sleep.

Reactions: MTProwl

shotinstar

Sexy Member
Media
Simple Solution:
1. Call your primary care physician for an appointment and screening.

2. PCP's can charge high cost for lab work; instead, go your local public health agency/clinic. You might get in faster and cheaper.

Yes, I've scheduled an appointment next Thursday. Wish I could get to see a doctor a bit sooner.

Don't panic. Herpes isn't going to kill you. Go to the CDC website and read their page on HSV. Canker or cold sore usually happens at point of contact so it's unlikely your itchy anus is herpes if you haven't been penetrated. See your doctor.

Half of kindergardeners in the US are seropositive for HSV1 ("facial herpes") it's so easily spread. So are about 70% of adults by age 30. HSV2 ("genital herpes") is less common but widespread. The vast majority of people with herpes never have an outbreak (canker or cold sore). Their immune systems handle the virus. There are good medications to help those who suffer frequent outbreaks.

After reading about herpes read all the other CDC webpages on STDs. Now go to sleep.

I've read the internet about herpes but it scars the shit out of me. My life will never be the same again. :(
I can't share drinks with other people anymore. And I'll have to disclose I've this STD every time I've sex/relationship with anyone.
The virus will stay with me forever. :sob: Now I wonder if I can sue the person who gave me STDs.

KuronoB

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Relax. Sudden itching could be due to other common factors. Have you used new underwear that bunch up? New laundry soap? Have you been constipated lately, and large stools caused irritation?

If you haven't had sexual contact back there recently, you didn't suddenly catch herpes. However, it is statistically likely that you have been exposed to the virus at some point in your life. Going to the doctor can't hurt, but don't panic.You will feel silly if the doctor doesn't see anything unusual, and you spent time and energy worried about nothing.

shotinstar

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks guys!!

Good news! The doctor doesn't think it's herpes. He (the nurse) and she (the doctor) couldn't find any blisters around my anus. Yay!!!
But I did a blood test anyway for all the other STDs. Apparently, they have no way of checking herpes unless there are blisters.

So how can I avoid herpes in the future? They are transmitted by skin to skin contact. I think I'm having one-night-stand phobia now.