How often do you forget stuff instantly?

OK, three scenarios here:

1) You are talking to someone. You introduce yourself. 10 seconds later, you realize you have no idea what their name is.

2) You decide to do something (grab a bottle of water, maybe) on the way out of the house. You realize you forgot something and turn around to grab it from your room. You forget your initial task and leave.

3) You are watching something on TV. Commercial comes on, you flip channels and watch something for a few minutes, then totally forget about the first thing you were watching.

Just curious, how many of you forget stuff like this, and how often?

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a sticky note on my cock so I don't forget what to do with it.

(not to worry, Buster... nothing wrong with you. I have a little ritual that I do before I leave my house nowadays. As I reach for the doorknob, I stop and check: Keys? Wallet? License? Cell Phone? Condoms? Pertinent List(s)? Anything else I will need?)

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do this kind of stuff all the time. It's not just "getting older" either. I have always been this way. It might be that I have ADD. (I'm undiagnosed but people have always thought I might have ADD/ADHD)

I'm terribly bad with names, unless it's something memorable or if it's a guy I find really attractive. :tongue: I've known quite a few people in my life who have had the same names as famous people, and I can generally remember their names because of that. I used to joke that I knew James Taylor, the singer. Yep, he was in my high school choir! :biggrin1: And he is now around 43 years old, so you know I'm not talking about the famous James Taylor.

classyron

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I used to do all three of those things all of the time. I have found, however, that since I have started working out again, and losing weight, that my mental alertness is returning and I am forgetting things less and less. That being said, I still forget people's names within seconds, usually because I am thinking of something else, or staring at their tits.

All,

Here's a somewhat related #4.

4) You hear a song on the radio in your car or in a movie or at a bar. You think, I definitely need to get that song, I'll look that up or buy it when I get home. A few weeks later when you hear the song somewhere else, you remember you meant to get it.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Forgetting names after an introduction happens often. It helps to write those names down and use the name frequently to rememeber it.

To prevent forgetting tasks I put them on a "To Do" list, on pieces of paper usually. I could have a list at work, at home or in my car and systematically cross off the tasks as they are done. I seem to have a good memory for things that are written down which is useful if I should accidentally throw away one of my lists.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Depends on whether I'm interested or not. If I'm intrigued by something (a person, an idea, a fact, w/e) I'll remember it forever. On the other hand, if I'm preoccupied or don't really care it's like I never heard you in the first place.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I forget a lot of stuff when I want to. When I'm bored, sleepy, not terribly attracted to the person I'm talking to, speaking to relatives, sales calls during dinner, organic chemistry lectures, or the politically motivatied firing of federal prosecutors.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What about shopping for groceries and forgetting to pick up something that you needed until you are already on your way home.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I forget what I'm watching without flipping the channel, commercials provide me with great suspense.

I've also spent 20 minutes searching for something I already had in my hand.

Gillette, darling, that's my penis in your hand. Call off the search party.:tongue: