How often do you get a proper bra fitting?

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've recently been having difficulties with my bras, they aren't giving me the support they once were, and are becoming quite painful to wear. After my first Karate lesson last week, I didn't notice the pain in my legs because my breasts were so painful due to lack of support even in a sports bra.

I was sized a few years ago, by two different shops, and came out as 38ff according to them, but I'm the first to admit I rarely wear that size and squish them into what ever I can afford that doesn't make me look pathetic. It isn't easy finding ones my size unless I order them online, which takes time, and I usually need it "yesterday" so make do.

Anyway, when I'd finally had enough of the pain, I went searching for online calcs to work out what size I should be, I watched various vids (and a member sent me a great link to a documentary about sizing) and discovered that over 50% of women apparently wear the wrong size, and most of us fluctuate between sizes every few months (so I didn't feel as silly as when I set out on this mission at least)

These calcs, I have now deemed moronic and worthless. Having tried over 10 different ones, I came in between a 38c and a 44aa, with anything and everything in between. I'm not in a position to get out and see anyone to sort it out right now, so I contacted a company who work based on the actual fit of the bra, rather than the numbers you give them.

So a few emails back and forth with this lovely woman, she's asked me everything possible about my bras, my breasts, the fit of each one I own, the style of them all, everything and then some. Anyway, she's now given me her opinion of what size I should be wearing (and told me not to feel too bad about getting it so wrong lol)

According to her, and obviously without seeing herself, she might be slightly out, she has not only suggested, but also popped in the mail, a 34H for me to try. If it fits, I can either pay for it, or send it back for a style of my choosing, if it doesn't, I can send it back free of charge to her, with details of what wasn't right, and she'll send what ever is appropriate based on what I tell her.

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this, the thought that I might finally be comfortable is amazing, but I struggled enough thinking I was a ff, I didn't like the looks I got on the rare shopping trip when I did buy one in person.

Mixed feelings are a bitch, I'm 99% convinced that I can't be a 34H, it just doesn't seem right to me. Anyway, I needed a rant, I've gone from being relatively happy but in pain, to depressed at being told I'm a AA, to fucking confused, all in a matter of weeks...

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
my god that's a vast assortment of sizes!
i'm sorry to hear of your pain/troubles.
i just got fitted last year as a 38dd, i didn't know you were supposed to go for fittings regularly.

ejection_handle

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is quite an interesting read. Theres a lot going through my mind right now. How can you be an AA and an H cup, maybe you are bad at math (lol). Anyway, I'm a breast obsessed guy, can never get too much talk about fittings and so forth, so thanks for the post; it was/is quite enjoyable to read, if you know what i mean.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My maths being at fault would make no logical sense given that the original range of sizes stated was all based on the exact same measurements entered into various online calculators (I also had another member go use one of the calcs since we were both in chat at the time, and it gave her a bra size that wouldn't fit around her leg, let alone her torso)

The original 38ff was from an actual sizing done in person by a professional, but no longer fits as required.

The new 34H was done via email, again with a professional, but based on the actual fit of bras and not the measurements taken.

My new bra should arrive in the next few days, and depending on the results and how I feel about them, I might come back to this thread with an update.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i know my boob size changes with the seasons.
though i'm usually a 36DD, i'll take a few other sizes into the changing room with me, because the fit does vary with the brands.
i know how a bra should fit...so i check that the back & shoulder straps & cups fit right, before doing some bouncing & bending to make sure things stay in place.

badly fitting bras would be no fun!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
if i am buying anything other than a sport bra i always hit bra shops. there is usually a boob yoda in the shop, armed with small hands and a measuring tape. these woman are older than eerything and live to tell you about your boobs. trust her wisdom if you want happy boobs.

you will pay a bit more for the bra in a shop, but you will end up with a very comfortable super bra. i've never had an issue with the stupid lil underwire poking through, or straps roaming all over my shoulders. no straight jacket choke downs of my chest kittens. bonus, anything you want not in stock can be order from the great book o' bras.

ml

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Whenever my bras start to feel uncomfortable I'll go for a fitting and buy new ones. And while I think a 34H and 44aa are a vast difference bras do work in the manner that if you like how a C cup makes your breasts feel better than a D cup you just change the band length and a C will also fit you.

For example....Some bras feel more comfortable for me in a 44B and others are more comfortable in my normal size a 42C. However if I found a bra I liked and the D cup felt best I would simply move the band size to a 40. Basically to go down a cup size you would add 2 inches to the band. To go up a cup size you would reduce the band size by 2 inches. Not always foolproof but knowing that does help when trying to find the perfect bra and the cup size is just a bit off.

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Kotch,
Sounds like the kind of fitting that K8 went through when she was over here across the pond last year. The lady measured her every which way during the fitting. I highly recommend that you contact her about it. I know she loves them, says they're the first she's ever had that fit right.

I've been wearing the same size/style of bra for about 4 years now, but it has been discontinued and I'm heart broken about it. I still have 5 left (white, beige, 2 black, and a red) so I'm good for at least a year before they all pop a wire. I wear a 44DD usually, although different bras (even within the same bra manufacturer) can fit me differently. I rarely spend under $40 for a bra as the less expensive ones never seem to be able to supply the support that I need without shifting around on me. Hate that when the boob starts to slip down between the wire and the rib cage.

Good luck to you dear.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
no straight jacket choke downs of my chest kittens.
chest kittens, that's brilliant.

And while I think a 34H and 44aa are a vast difference bras do work in the manner that if you like how a C cup makes your breasts feel better than a D cup you just change the band length and a C will also fit you.
you know, thanks for this, ss. i really had no idea you could change sizes using this method. i do think there's been 1 or 2 styles i've come across that were not as comfortable as other 38DDs so i prolly shoulda tried switching out like this.

Last edited:

SexyNerdGirl

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow. This is one reason I'm glad I'm not huge in that department. While sometimes I do wish I was larger (a C would be nice), it is nice cause I rarely, if ever, wear a bra and can get away with it as is. Sorry to hear about your issue with this :(

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow. This is one reason I'm glad I'm not huge in that department. While sometimes I do wish I was larger (a C would be nice), it is nice cause I rarely, if ever, wear a bra and can get away with it as is. Sorry to hear about your issue with this :(

You'll be regretting this in 5-10 years. Sagginess doesn't discriminate. I've seen it happen.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
let me share with you one tidbit, if you truely have FF cups, you will never be pain free when you do rigorous physical activity
and I am at least 25% in love with you
so maybe that will cheer you up lol

basically tho the time to get refitted is after any kind of different fit in your bra, if it fits differently then it did when you were fitted for it and said hey this is great!
generaly that happens after a weight change

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
My maths being at fault would make no logical sense given that the original range of sizes stated was all based on the exact same measurements entered into various online calculators (I also had another member go use one of the calcs since we were both in chat at the time, and it gave her a bra size that wouldn't fit around her leg, let alone her torso)

The original 38ff was from an actual sizing done in person by a professional, but no longer fits as required.

The new 34H was done via email, again with a professional, but based on the actual fit of bras and not the measurements taken.

My new bra should arrive in the next few days, and depending on the results and how I feel about them, I might come back to this thread with an update.

this is going to sound really stupid and I promise it's not a line, but I can probubly fit you for a bra by looking at you
I'd need something in the photo for size comparision tho like if you were holding a standard sized Basketball or standing in a standard sized doorway
you don't have to be naked btw just wearing somewhat snug clothing and I need straight on, profile, and an angle like halfway between the two

it's probubly going to be better to actually get fitted but I am fairly good at doing this in person
admitedly tho I don't have a whole lot of experience with cup sizes up around that level

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
I've recently been having difficulties with my bras, they aren't giving me the support they once were, and are becoming quite painful to wear. After my first Karate lesson last week, I didn't notice the pain in my legs because my breasts were so painful due to lack of support even in a sports bra.

I was sized a few years ago, by two different shops, and came out as 38ff according to them, but I'm the first to admit I rarely wear that size and squish them into what ever I can afford that doesn't make me look pathetic. It isn't easy finding ones my size unless I order them online, which takes time, and I usually need it "yesterday" so make do.

Anyway, when I'd finally had enough of the pain, I went searching for online calcs to work out what size I should be, I watched various vids (and a member sent me a great link to a documentary about sizing) and discovered that over 50% of women apparently wear the wrong size, and most of us fluctuate between sizes every few months (so I didn't feel as silly as when I set out on this mission at least)

These calcs, I have now deemed moronic and worthless. Having tried over 10 different ones, I came in between a 38c and a 44aa, with anything and everything in between. I'm not in a position to get out and see anyone to sort it out right now, so I contacted a company who work based on the actual fit of the bra, rather than the numbers you give them.

So a few emails back and forth with this lovely woman, she's asked me everything possible about my bras, my breasts, the fit of each one I own, the style of them all, everything and then some. Anyway, she's now given me her opinion of what size I should be wearing (and told me not to feel too bad about getting it so wrong lol)

According to her, and obviously without seeing herself, she might be slightly out, she has not only suggested, but also popped in the mail, a 34H for me to try. If it fits, I can either pay for it, or send it back for a style of my choosing, if it doesn't, I can send it back free of charge to her, with details of what wasn't right, and she'll send what ever is appropriate based on what I tell her.

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this, the thought that I might finally be comfortable is amazing, but I struggled enough thinking I was a ff, I didn't like the looks I got on the rare shopping trip when I did buy one in person.

Mixed feelings are a bitch, I'm 99% convinced that I can't be a 34H, it just doesn't seem right to me. Anyway, I needed a rant, I've gone from being relatively happy but in pain, to depressed at being told I'm a AA, to fucking confused, all in a matter of weeks...

i am not kidding, i am seriously looking into making custom bras.... i talked it over with this gun nut guy on here who made me want to even more, its rediclous how much shit it takes to have your tits straped right, if a cnc machine can make a 30 inch wheel out of a solid block of aluminium i can find some way to machine a bra

RopesWife

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't bother. Victoria's Secret is the worst. They want to strap me into the most uncomfortable garment possible. I just try them on until I find something that feels good. I usually end up with something between a 36C and a 38D, depending on the brand.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know that you're supposed to get new bras (how often, every year?) because the elastic starts to give after a while.

I haven't changed much in size since having stopped nursing my little one. I don't have much to stretch out the elastic, anyway, :tongue: so haven't had to buy any new ones in the last few years.

I feel for you, ladies - the nursing bras I had were SO uncomfortable! I can't imagine not being comfortable on a daily basis. That year was pure torture!:frown1:

Kotchanski, how was the sample bra?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kotchanski,
I have long envied your bodacious ta-ta's and the one thing I know for sure is that you are NOT a 44AA. :cool: I can't believe such a size exists; and if it did, it would be for an extremely obese, yet flat chested girl.

Why let the letter size bother you? :confused: I guess because all my life I longed to be a B cup I just don't get it.

I was 21 before I stopped wearing those Teen Charm type training bras, mainly because I was cheap; but also because they fit. :redface: At that point I was a 34AA then I went to college and took up lifeguarding. All that swimming increased my back measurement without the actual mammarys gaining in size. So at 26 or so I wore a 36AA and in some brands I could wear a 36A. :biggrin1:

One day about 5 years ago I walked into Victoria's Secret to purchase my fave 36AA bra and the smiling strumpet looked at me and said I was wearing the wrong size bra. I indignantly told her I was not. She insisted upon measuring me and I reluctantly gave in. Damned, if I wasn't a perfect 36B. I was SHOCKED! :eek: That bra felt better than any bra I had worn in years. Fortunately, they were having a sale and I was able to snatch up nearly a dozen of the correct size bras for under $12 a piece. I've gained a bit of weight since then and should probably go get re-fitted. Apparently if your dress size goes up or down it's a pretty good bet your bra size has adjusted accordingly.

Sorry for rambling on endlessly. :tongue: To answer your initial question, the answer is not often enough. At 43 I can count on one hand the times I have been professionally fitted for a bra. :redface:

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm having a similar issue. I've been really hitting the gym for the past couple of months and discovered that my bras a too big. I thought I may have just gone down in circumference but discovered that it's the cup size too. Actually I had two separate fittings and one said I am a now a 38D and the other, a 36DD. I bought a couple of new 38D's and found they fit pretty well but I have to close them on the last inside hook and sometimes the cups weren't big enough. The 36DD's fit better around but the cups on some were a little big. It has been a very frustrating experience.

I actually thought of going for the custom made bras but they are so expensive.
Any suggestions on what to do?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm having a similar issue. I've been really hitting the gym for the past couple of months and discovered that my bras a too big. I thought I may have just gone down in circumference but discovered that it's the cup size too. Actually I had two separate fittings and one said I am a now a 38D and the other, a 36DD. I bought a couple of new 38D's and found they fit pretty well but I have to close them on the last inside hook and sometimes the cups weren't big enough. The 36DD's fit better around but the cups on some were a little big. It has been a very frustrating experience.

I actually thought of going for the custom made bras but they are so expensive. Any suggestions on what to do?
That's large, but not abnormally large. Have you tried a variety of brands in those two sizes. Most of the D cup and above women that I know say Victoria's Secret bras don't fit them. Try Olga, Maidenform or Playtex. Also, the internet is your friend.

Have you tried TJ Maxx or Marshall's? They often sell high end designer bras for as low as $15.00.