How often do you want to have sex REALISTICALLY?

tncentaur

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 64 and my lover is 62; we started having sex back in 1969. We are both retired, and we have sex two or three times a day. We both started doing cardio and weightlifting (separate gyms) 4-5 days a week about three years ago and that seems to have boosted sex drive, although it's always been strong in us: I was so lucky to find someone whose sex drive matched or exceeded mine. I still get turned on just watching his cock swing as he walks down the hallway, or looking at that hot, furry butt going the other way. To answer the question, I'd like to keep this up--what I miss is the five times on Saturdays, but two or three is just fine...

D_Chesty_Pecjiggle

Account Disabled
Media
Ideally 3 times a day. A good slow wake up fuck. A hard welcome home from work fuck. And a sensual good night I love you fuck.

I know this is personally sustainable since I cum 3-4 times every day.

The wife is more twice a week. So I'd settle for twice every three days.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
RD, meant to answer this weeks ago, but got all distracted, lol I thiught I HAD and then remebered, no i was going to and, well here ya go:redface:
Jeezus! I think my max was 3 times in my early 20s. The 2nd and 3rd times were dry, but not painful. More like an ache after. As I got older the 2nd would hurt.
Mine is achey asfter x number. It's just hitting that achey a bit sooner. Yeah when I was young I came a lot!

When it hurts, does it hurt close to your sphincter? I'd like to say it hurts in my prostate, but I'm not 100% sure that's where it is. (Just like I always get confused between where my liver and kidneys are.)
No, mine huts more in the center of the base. Like when you get to the dry heavse part of puking, lol. But Phil said he feels it more in his balls, and you by your shpincter. Is it hurting kinda a few inches up beyond your sphincter? If it feels like an internal ache about 4 inches up there giove or take, i t could be. It might be radiating achiness down. Not really sure, lol!

That's your homework, MR Deatils Boy, the next time it happens, really focus on where it is taking place and where it seems to move.

I get that horny before getting sick feeling, but I love AlteredEgo's solution. In fact I love it so much I'll recommend it to the next person who complains about feeling ill.
I love AE's suggestion too!

Yeah, after my refracotry period, "it" doesn't quit. Someone mentioned zombie dick, I prefer to call it perma-hard. The problem (a minor one) is that it needs constant stimulation. Our "genital snuggling" doesn't work too well in this state, but as far as fucking on the swing is concerned, we can do it as long as I can stand (literally).
I mentioned Zombie Rod! LOL! I usually say perma hard as well. Now it just depends:smile:

Part of the reason I've grown fond of this place. The people here don't seem to have a problem with taboo opinions. Size being the -ahem- biggest one. I thought I knew a lot about sex five years ago, but the Q&As here have been eye opening. (No, not that eye)
LMAO!!!

That's naked Sunday in our house. Yup, we close all the curtains and hang around the house naked all day. If either of us feels frisky, all our bits are much more accessible. :biggrin1:
That's how my guy and i are when we see each other. It is a chore to put on clothes to go out. lol. So we try not too:wink:

It's been so long since I had sex, I'm not sure I remember what sex is like. I'm not in a relationship or dating anyone at this time. In my last two long term relationships neither partner had much of a sex drive, so I got used to sex once a month or less - with lots of masturbation in between for me. I dated a couple of guys about a year and a half ago and we had sex every night - I liked that. I would say that I would realistically want sex once or twice a day, if it were possible.
Why are you not in NorCal?
In the first relationship he liked to cuddle in bed, so I got the skin contact that I crave. Sometimes I jerked off while he held me, other times alone. Lack of sex wasn't why we broke up.

The second one was very difficult. He didn't like to be touched when he slept, and kept a pillow between us. We would cuddle a little on the couch watching t.v., but in reality it just wasn't enough touching or sex. He didn't want to participate or watch when I jerked off, he was very strange. Lack of sex wasn't why we broke up either, but it did contribute to the cause.

I'm looking for more sex in the next relationship although as much as I crave it - I look for more in a relationship than just sex.
If you are anything like me (which you seem to be) I can see how that contributed to the break up. And the no touch while sleeping? Yeah, that would have caused a break up sooner than no sex. Hell that alone would have prevented a relationship form forming!
Ideally 3 times a day. A good slow wake up fuck. A hard welcome home from work fuck. And a sensual good night I love you fuck.

I know this is personally sustainable since I cum 3-4 times every day.
Add in the seven times a day weekend marathon fucks, and your the straight version of me!

LUM_1986

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I have read this, I have slowly come to the realisation that I must be missing my libido... lol

I've had sex three times in my life, and the last time was when I was 18 (I am now 25, soon to be 26) and haven't felt any need to have sex for the past 7 years...

Which is useful considering that each of those 3 times that I DID have sex, I was the 2AM Guy...

(for anyone not in the know about this expression, the 2AM guy/girl is the last person left in the club/pub at 2AM that no one else wanted but your so freaking horny you take them home anyway)

So I guess in answer to this threads question, I don't think that it would bother me if I ever had sex again... I mean, after 7 years why bother..? lol

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In the first relationship he liked to cuddle in bed, so I got the skin contact that I crave. Sometimes I jerked off while he held me, other times alone. Lack of sex wasn't why we broke up.

The second one was very difficult. He didn't like to be touched when he slept, and kept a pillow between us. We would cuddle a little on the couch watching t.v., but in reality it just wasn't enough touching or sex. He didn't want to participate or watch when I jerked off, he was very strange. Lack of sex wasn't why we broke up either, but it did contribute to the cause.

I'm looking for more sex in the next relationship although as much as I crave it - I look for more in a relationship than just sex.

The second one sounds a little like my relationship with my ex. He didn't like to cuddle at night, and sex was rare after the first few years. We didn't break up because of the sex either, although if I hadn't had depression at the time, we would have.

I can see how the cuddling in your first relationship would make lack of sex less of a problem. If he wants to cuddle you a lot, at least you know you're wanted and loved. Without the cuddling there are emotional AND physical issues to deal with.

How often do I want to? Wow, I guess every day, but I know that's not being realistic. Real life kind of gets in the way a lot. That and the fact that he's on the road three or four days a week, sometimes weeks at a time, would probably get me in trouble. Doubt he would like that.

But when he's home as often as possible. I have a voracious sexual appetite and I'm positive I want it more that he does, although I'm willing to argue with him about it.

Homecomings make up for the absences most of the time!

Ellie, you get a free pass on the realistic front! Him being away so much would surely boost your desire for each other to unmanageable levels once he comes home again.

ROFL at the willing to argue with him part :biggrin1:.

Too much of a good thing can be bad. (in my opinion)

Too much of a good thing is never bad, it's only more good!!! Well, that's what I think, but several of the guys I've asked about this in RL have said what you said - that too much of a good thing can be bad.

It works something like this: I *need* some degree of sex with another person (female in my case) every so often to stay sane/be engaged. Masturbation provides an outlet for staving off/redirecting that need. Many years ago, when sex was a more commonplace event , I masturbated less. Trust me, I prefer sex over masturbation in most every case, except where the sex is just BAD.

Good to hear that you prefer sex :biggrin1:. I think I get where you're coming from now.

I agree with the stay sane/be engaged part. When I went through my purposely celibate period I was distanced from everything, not just sex.

My comment is not a reflection of my *true* desire; rather, it is a reflection of what I *imagine* would be an acceptable level of intimacy *were it a realistic opportunity*. You did qualify it as "realistically"; I have no idea what might be realistic; hence my response.

For the purposes of the thread, it only has to be realistic for you, not necessarily for your partner. If we started taking partner realisms into account as well I could see most people's numbers going down dramatically.

I'm 64 and my lover is 62; we started having sex back in 1969. We are both retired, and we have sex two or three times a day. We both started doing cardio and weightlifting (separate gyms) 4-5 days a week about three years ago and that seems to have boosted sex drive, although it's always been strong in us: I was so lucky to find someone whose sex drive matched or exceeded mine. I still get turned on just watching his cock swing as he walks down the hallway, or looking at that hot, furry butt going the other way. To answer the question, I'd like to keep this up--what I miss is the five times on Saturdays, but two or three is just fine...

Wow, this is amazing!!! Reading this really gives me hope.

You are a pair of very lucky guys :smile::smile::smile:.

As I have read this, I have slowly come to the realisation that I must be missing my libido... lol

I've had sex three times in my life, and the last time was when I was 18 (I am now 25, soon to be 26) and haven't felt any need to have sex for the past 7 years...

Which is useful considering that each of those 3 times that I DID have sex, I was the 2AM Guy...

(for anyone not in the know about this expression, the 2AM guy/girl is the last person left in the club/pub at 2AM that no one else wanted but your so freaking horny you take them home anyway)

So I guess in answer to this threads question, I don't think that it would bother me if I ever had sex again... I mean, after 7 years why bother..? lol

I think it's possible that you've just gotten so used to not having sex that your sex drive has just turned itself off. I've done this purposely in the past, so I see no reason it couldn't happen unintentionally. What was your sex drive like when you were younger (over the period when you were actually having sex)? Was it higher then, or has it always been low?

Re being the 2am guy - it's better to be the 2am guy than the guy who goes home alone. At least you were chosen by someone!

LUM_1986

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I cant honestly say that I have ever experienced a Libido, or at least the way that everyone else seems to infer from there writing about it...

I would say that my libido is the same as it has been since I entered puberty, just no existent, and if I'm honest it didn't even dawn on me that I was supposed to be having sex till I was about 21... lol, slow or what..?

Also, I don't think that I clarified myself correctly in reference to the 2AM guy point... I wasn't the horny one, they were... I went along with it because I was frankly far to insecure to say no...

Have just realised that I post have nothing to do with this thread... sry..! :)

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I cant honestly say that I have ever experienced a Libido, or at least the way that everyone else seems to infer from there writing about it...

I would say that my libido is the same as it has been since I entered puberty, just no existent, and if I'm honest it didn't even dawn on me that I was supposed to be having sex till I was about 21... lol, slow or what..?

Also, I don't think that I clarified myself correctly in reference to the 2AM guy point... I wasn't the horny one, they were... I went along with it because I was frankly far to insecure to say no...

Why on earth would you think your answer was not relevant to the thread? Having no desire to have sex ("i`d be happy with zero to whatever") IS answering the q of "how often...?"

I have a q for you. Do you have a desire to masterbate? Get morning wood. etc? Or are you as ambilalent/disinterested in those pursrits and conditions not very appealing or need either. Once you answer that then I can better answer myself:smile:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Your posts were totally relevant! I'm just as interested in those who have a low, or non-existent libido as those who have a high or medium one. This was never intended to be a 'who's in the high sex drive club? let's all sit around and enjoy how cool we are' thread. I genuinely wondered about the whole range of experiences, about what level seems to be most common, about what things can affect people's libidos. I was asking for both practical reasons and for pure curiosity.

I was previously in a relationship where we had mismatched libidos. It wasn't fun for either of us. I was wondering how likely it would be that that would happen again. I was looking for a way to understand and connect with those at the other end of the scale to me, as a way of understanding my previous relationship, and in case future ones DO end up there. I wondered if I was unusual and had no hope of finding a partner to match me. Plus I was just plain curious :tongue:.

So your answer was just as relevant and valid as that of anyone else :smile:.

Re the 2am - it may not be proof of libido, but it's still proof that you're attractive (as a person or physically) enough that someone wanted to take you home!

Why on earth would you think your answer was not relevant to the thread? Having no desire to have sex ("i`d be happy with zero to whatever") IS answering the q of "how often...?"

I have a q for you. Do you have a desire to masterbate? Get morning wood. etc? Or are you as ambilalent/disinterested in those pursrits and conditions not very appealing or need either. Once you answer that then I can better answer myself:smile:

I'm interested to know this too. I feel bad though - the pair of us are putting the poor guy on the spot a bit! :redface:

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
I could live with sex once every two or three days. It's enough of a gap to make you appreciate good sex when you aren't having it, but not often enough to make it routine. I like this time span because it avoids having to "schedule" sex in... just let it happen whenever and savor the moment! :tongue2:

Final thought: less frequent sex can have the added benefit of making you cherish it more. It ensures you take the extra care to make it last and count for something beyond a quota. :biggthumpup2:
(all the *great* sex I've ever had has been after a period of no-hanky panky)

Last edited:

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
I guess about half of the wanting time. Which would be like once or twice a week. My libido has taken a nose dive with maturity so....yeah might actually end up being less than that lol. Don't get me wrong though, the body wants it all the time but the brain understands that ain't happenin.

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
sorry it took so long for me to answer this.
my health is one thing. i've been on medication to keep my skin from breaking out. (medication is working perfectly) i've been seeing a rhuematologist, something is going on internally and "what that is" hasn't been figured out.

<<<<<if i'm in a relationship: more i have, more i want. but, on the other side of this if the relationship is going badly, want to less.>>>>

<<<<<So health and emotions can both influence your libido? They seem to be common factors for many of those who experience a variable sex drive.>>>>>

hey subgirl,

yeah, i agree. health and emotions do seem to be the most common factors. with one more: stress.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could live with sex once every two or three days. It's enough of a gap to make you appreciate good sex when you aren't having it, but not often enough to make it routine. I like this time span because it avoids having to "schedule" sex in... just let it happen whenever and savor the moment! :tongue2:

Final thought: less frequent sex can have the added benefit of making you cherish it more. It ensures you take the extra care to make it last and count for something beyond a quota. :biggthumpup2:
(all the *great* sex I've ever had has been after a period of no-hanky panky)

Oh i can agree there! Seeing my Guy only once every two months for a marathon session, almost assuredly guarantees mind blowing sex. There was a brief time we were seeing each other every 2 weeks, and the sex was still awe inspiring, though. lol

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends average every 2-3 days. But I crave cuddling a lot. Cuddling average everyday at some point.

Eco

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My current girlfriend (a different one than my previous post in this thread) actually gives me a run for my money. I posted earlier that I'm happy with 2x a day sex...well, at the time I was having sex 2-3 times a week (which was hell for me, as I've always had more like 6-10times a week) Well, my current gf likes it right when she comes home from work, then again before bed, then the next morning before work, and if I can meet her for lunch it's all the better...so I've been doing a fairly consistent 4x a day for the last few months since she got her IUD, and before that it was 2x a day...I actually found myself going "Honey, it's OK, we can just cuddle and fall asleep - we're not getting enough rest as it is" and she got frustrated....I usually relent, it's a great problem to have!

Last edited: