How often is too often?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by sunnyside4lyfe, May 25, 2009.

1. sunnyside4lyfe

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So every now and then I have these "phases" I go through as I call them as I have gone through just recently where I was I guess horned to the max and jacking off like 3-5 times a day but mentally I began to feel like I had no control because I wouldnt always want to jack off but almost everytime my roommate left the room and would be gone for a while (I am in college) not even 5 min later I'd have my dick in hand. Not only was it seemingly raping myself but when I did finally decide to have sex to "cure" this problem I noticed it'd affected my sexual longevity and I'd climaxed within 5 min, which has never happened to me. However since then, I havent masterbated in 3 days (well until I finish typing this lol). Has anyone else experienced this problem or have advice on how frequent is too frequent and how to go about not "raping yourself" lol?

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I would say it doesn't matter unless you are jerking off instead of studying or in place of studying. Like if you are avoiding doing something else you need to do.

If you can do it five times a day and still get off in five minutes, that's not taking up your time though.

3. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

I must admit, have exams now, and have to study. What i notice is that I jerk a lot more off in this period. Horny all the time lol. It can be distracting, but I don't make it in too edge-sessions. Quick wanks to relieve some stress works for me.

4. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yeah, it's always been a stress reliever for me too, especially when I was younger. If I was frustrated, the first thing that would come to mind is I wanted to masturbate. Maybe that's why sometimes masturbating and wasting time are kind of synonymous. When you are supposed to be responsible and knuckle down and do your work, instead you think first about masturbating.

5. sunnyside4lyfe

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I believe you gave the best explanation, thanks. However, my question is more so how do you get to the point where you say ok I am doing this all too frequently and how do i take back control over how often I do it..

6. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my opinion if it's not interrupting your so call normal line, how many times shouldn't matter

7. uncutblond34

uncutblond34 Member

Albums:
    I'd like to chime in on this also... regarding the question of "how much is too much?" I'd have to say there is no such thing. Your body tells you what it needs.. hunger pangs when you're hungry, thirst when you need a drink,drowsiness when you need a rest, etc. People would be alot healthier if they would "tune in" to what thier bodies are trying to tell them. When I get the urge to stroke, it's usully from stress, sometimes from being completely relaxed, adn sometimes it's because I need a bit of help getting to sleep.... listen to your body, don't worry about doing it too much, and stroke it like a monkey in a mango tree if you feel the urge..LOL

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yeah, I think so too sunnyside. You can only do it so many times per day. Do what you need to do and get back to what you need to do. One less thing to obsess about. You'll probably outgrow it.

9. D_Brecock Evileye

D_Brecock Evileye New Member

I love sex and there is no such thing as to often. If it is one time to many you wont get it up that time.

10. Jake90

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have recently started jacking 4 to 6 times most days, up to as much as 9. I feel great, more energy, more alive, feel good about my body and generally happier. The time it takes from my studies is more than made up for by the enthusiasm I have when I do sit down to work. Why do you say not in control? I feel I have taken control for probably the first time ever instead of trying to deny my sexual appetite which has been well above average since I started masturbating at age 5.

11. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

You should be worried when you're not doing it often enough!

Draft saved Draft deleted