How often should one ejaculate a week?

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Of course, there isn't a "should". It's as often or as rarely as you wish. As a retired sex therapist (among other things) I would say that 3 or 4 ejaculations per week would help protect your prostate. This is about the stimulation of the prostate to secrete precum and much of the ejaculatory fluid. Unused sperm is re-absorbed. Some guys, particularly younger guys, will have "wet dreams" if they do not ejaculate. Abstinence from ejaculation could result in "wet dreams" with a frequency of 14 to 26 days. Two or three ejaculations per month would prevent that.
Upper limits, other than personal preferences, would probably depend on how sore you make your penis by wanking, say, every 30 minutes or whatever high frequency.

sophomore19

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I dont think there's a defined number.

2-4x a week for me. Usually when I wake up hard or before bed. Used to be daily.

Out of sheer curiosity, do you guys still have as good of an orgasm if you jerk off 10+ times a week?

Reactions: Gj816

I might jerk off maybe once a week. I tried to not do it at all, but I failed at that.

Reactions: Gj816

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i actually think im weird in that I usually only masturbate 2 maybe 3 times a week. But is it healthier for the prostate to actually ejaculate more often?

There was a study that concluded that those who ejaculated at least 21 times a month had a reduced rate of prostate cancer compared to those who ejaculated less often. To a first approximation 21 time/month is on 2 out of every three days so three times a week is borderline, four would exceed that.

I am also not sure if there is any magic about that frequency or if that is just the way they ran the study of processes the data. I would expect risk vs. frequency would be some continuous function.

In your situation I would not panic. I think you're right that 2-3 times a week is not as often as many guys - I usually cum every day. Depending on what else is on offer that may not be wanking but it often is especially as I take the "bird in the had is worth two in the bush" view and don't save up for something that may not happen. But you frequency has to work for you. If you try to force yourself to when you're not horny you won't enjoy it as much and it would be a shame to turn one of life's pleasures into a chore.

Reactions: Gj816 and DSF140

Great thread. I used to cum 2-3x per day until the age of 35. If I didn’t then I’d feel like I’m going to burst. Now in my 40’s I find the urge to cum is not as great, 2-3x per week or less is very normal for me.

Or, we can rely on science.

Boston University study says that 21x / mo reduced risk of prostrate cancer. That’s 5.25 times per week.

How Frequent Ejaculation Lowers Prostate Cancer Risk | Men's Health

Sound advice
Or, we can rely on science.

Boston University study says that 21x / mo reduced risk of prostrate cancer. That’s 5.25 times per week.

How Frequent Ejaculation Lowers Prostate Cancer Risk | Men's Health
Sounds like sensible advice. Better safe than sorry and a lot more fun tha eating kale or any other of the current fad health advice.

Reactions: Gj816 and DSF140

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Sound advice

Sounds like sensible advice. Better safe than sorry and a lot more fun tha eating kale or any other of the current fad health advice.
I could not have have said it better myself.

I'm trying to get a sex partner to clean out my pipe. Maybe reframing from masturbation will help me.

Reactions: 2hot2handle