How often?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by BirdinMo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    So thanks to las000005's thread in the "Womans" section I am wondering.
    How often do you believe it when someone says you are pretty, hot, beautiful, foxy, sexy handsome, good looking and so on? I for one never buy it. Very low self esteem. I always think "Why do you keep telling me that? I know I am not _______ all you are doing is making fun of me" Then go home and look at myself in the mirror and think, "Wow, is that really what I look like?" I try to stay clear of the mirrors as much as I can because I hate looking at myself. I so did not mean for this to turn into a pitty thread for myself. Just a question.

2. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I just looked in your gallery and u look perfectly normal to me hon!!!

can't see your face of course, but I bet u just worry too much about the way you look!!

Compliments are nice!! So take them the way they are intended!! x

3. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    as it turns out i have been given many compliments in my life for my appearance and owing to many mitigating factors, i am not able to believe them - ever. it has been with great difficulty to be able to be gracious in hearing them and not insult someone that pays me a compliment. it is nice to be complimented but since i don't know/see/believe those complimentary things about myself i don't know what to say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice