How often?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by BirdinMo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    So thanks to las000005's thread in the "Womans" section I am wondering.
    How often do you believe it when someone says you are pretty, hot, beautiful, foxy, sexy handsome, good looking and so on? I for one never buy it. Very low self esteem. I always think "Why do you keep telling me that? I know I am not _______ all you are doing is making fun of me" Then go home and look at myself in the mirror and think, "Wow, is that really what I look like?" I try to stay clear of the mirrors as much as I can because I hate looking at myself. I so did not mean for this to turn into a pitty thread for myself. Just a question.

2. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I just looked in your gallery and u look perfectly normal to me hon!!!

can't see your face of course, but I bet u just worry too much about the way you look!!

Compliments are nice!! So take them the way they are intended!! x

3. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    as it turns out i have been given many compliments in my life for my appearance and owing to many mitigating factors, i am not able to believe them - ever. it has been with great difficulty to be able to be gracious in hearing them and not insult someone that pays me a compliment. it is nice to be complimented but since i don't know/see/believe those complimentary things about myself i don't know what to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted