How Old is Too Old for Myspace and Facebook?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by gcbenji0, Sep 14, 2007.

1. gcbenji0

gcbenji0 Member

Albums:
    What do you guys think?
    I think once you're 25+, its wierd to see you there.

2. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think that, if you're 28 and up, that it's little weird to suddenly join. However, if you've been there since before a certain age, it's "whatever".

3. sjprep06

sjprep06 New Member

Albums:
    I don't think there is an age limit to Facebook. Just don't be a creepy old perve...

I personally think you're too old for myspace after your 14th birthday. I hate myspace with a passion

4. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I ran into someone from my old high school a few months back. According to him, almost everybody from my year is on facebook.

Reason enough not to join, to be sure. But for your purposes, evidence that people in their late 30s hang out there.

5. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    as an artist i use myspace so i can host tunes i have written
    and talk to other producers as well as fans of the genres i produce.
    But if someone is using it at age 27 for merely a "social" life,it is creepy.:smile:

6. frizzle

Gold Member

Depends what you use it for. If you use it to chat and make friends, any age is acceptable. If you use it to hook up, over 20 is wierd.

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I think it's a great way to keep in contact with family (Facebook that is) I don't have a myspace... so I'm not sure. I know I have lots of relatives on there thought.

8. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I feel like Facebook is more age-appropriate for me, and maybe that's because I want to throw up whenever I see blinking icons and wallpapers and an atrocious mess of quizzes and memes and all sorts of disorganized "ooh gotta have it" crap. I suppose the same people can get carried away on Facebook, too; that's just less visible to me.

Either way, I try to be purposeful about both places. I don't use Myspace all that much anymore, only to keep up with a couple of friends whose email addresses I don't have. I use Facebook to get connected to other people in town, and it's been a good way to seek jobs, sell crap, and contact people I know more often.

9. heavenlyhollie

heavenlyhollie New Member

Albums:
    well we have bebo (very like facebook) moreso over here, and i only set up my account about 2 years ago.. peer pressure.. also my best mate moved to england, and i find it fantastic to keep in touch with her, i agree once your over 20-ish its a wierd way to hook up with people/make friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted