how old is too old to be a virgin?

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
I just turned 22 today, and have no experience whatsoever with the opposite sex, I know I'm a loser but I'm just wondering at what age a man is expected to not be a lumbering idiot in bed

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I remember correctly I lost my virginity when I was 26-27. For me coming to terms with my sexuality was difficult. And I was very nervous. Would I measure up? What would I be expected to do? etc. Thankfully I met someone who was very patient and willing to help me through it. In the end I was glad I waited and the experience was better than I ever imagined.

So don't worry about it. It will happen and it will be worth the wait.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just turned 22 today, and have no experience whatsoever with the opposite sex, I know I'm a loser but I'm just wondering at what age a man is expected to not be a lumbering idiot in bed
Oh man, I don't think there's ever a point at which we're expected not to be. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter when you "lose your virginity," but being with more experienced partners may prove to be problematic around this point.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Age and lumbering idiocy in bed are not related. I had sex with a 51 year old man a few years ago who fumbled and licked about as if he had never even seen pictures of a woman before, :irked: and he had been married and had two kids. :confused:

If you have religious reasons for maintaining virginity that's different.

Age at which I have always said virginity becomes odd, 25. The reason for this is by 25 you are out of college, presumably working, or at least in grad school. By 25 virginity becomes part of your identity. Do you want to be known as Dr. Morsecode the virgin, Morsecode that virgin research assistant? That's what happens after 25 virginity is who you are.

Last edited:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Happy Birthday, morsecode:birthday::arms::dance:

I could open this one with something humorous, but I'm going to because I'm not that I could pull it off without being misunderstood. With that being said, here we go.

You are not a loser, morsecode. You have to think bigger of yourself:smile:. heavy-chevy, I don't think there is an age to old. You will always have time. If you feel like having sex, you can do it no matter how old you are. Ask an 80 year old?:biggrin1: I can imagine how it feels to be a virgin. I envy virgins actually. I'd probably donate a kidney to get my virginity back if that were possible. With me, there's three major categories of sex within a community...hypothetically speaking. You can make love (the best:smile:), have sex (could be boring:confused:), or fuck (usually right on the money:cool:). As far as experience, the physical act itself is just mechanics. Anyone who 'studies' a sex scene can fuck. It's the emotion behind your mechanics that makes your sex beautiful. Focus your emotion and when you finally get that release you'll be glad that you didn't 'waste it.' I'm not saying that, but...to paint a picture.

I don't know how you two view your virginity but I suggest looking at it through precious eyes. Imagine losing your virginity...when you're in love instead of drunk. I'm not saying that would happen either, but...to paint a picture. It could be good, but what if it was awesome? Actually take the time, you know, sacrifice yourself and take the time to get to know a woman, fall in love and have one of those fairy tale lives:rolleyes: Then in that time, be a mack, be a playa, keep your game tight, stay real and be humble and a woman that was specially made for you will pop up out of nowhere and break you off.

I know how you feel. I'm 25 and I'm in the same situation.

B_icem

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its not that you're a virgin, its more WHY are you a virgin ??

is it because you are waiting for marriage or that "special someone" ? nothing wrong with that

if its because you're too afraid, at this age, is kind of a problem IMO. i would guess thinking of yourself as a loser is the main reason you have not been laid.

are you waiting around for some chick to see you sitting in a corner all alone and take a liking to you ? you may be waiting awhile. if you are lacking confidence then FAKE IT until you actually believe it (and you will once you see the good results you get)

its time to be PROACTIVE. just get out there and see what happens. if you need a quick confidence booster, drink some alcohol. youll find yourself much looser with the tongue, and you don't have to worry as much about saying the wrong thing because you can just chalk it up to being drunk later on.

stop worrying about rejection. there are billions of women on the planet. if 10, or even 100 reject you, there will be at least one who will welcome you open arms (and open legs)

also, if you are 25+ virgin i would recommend forgetting about finding someone special to lose it to. just get some sex from anyone you can just to get it over with and boost your confidence way up. you'll feel like a new man once it is finally done.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
first things first: happy birthday!

now STOP calling yourself a loser...if you think you're a loser because you're still a virgin at 22, you're dead wrong!

I lost my virginity at 14 and I regretted it big time...well, after about 6 months of activity the regret set in...

I wished I could get my virginity back & as a consequence, I stopped having sex for the next 5 years...

but I'm curious: when you say you have no experience with the opposite sex, what exactly do you mean? Have you never even kissed a girl?

Finally, don't be nervous about your performance...the fumbling around & discovering what to do is part of the fun! It'll be even better for you to lose your virginity with another virgin - that way there's nothing to compare to at first, so there's no pressure to "be the best"...

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Morsecode,

Please don't put yourself under pressure by beating yourself up. You will have sex only when your ready too and not before. I was 26 before I lost my virginity my first time wasn't great by any means, but was enjoyable by both of us. You would't expect to jump into a car and and know how to drive it straight off, firstly you need to familiarise yourself with the car and its controls, only then do you truely start motor with any confidence.

There is far to much emphasis today for people to have sex as soon as they can. I remember one of my daughters having sleepless nights at 12/13 because she was supposedly the only girl in her class who had not snogged anyone, as if she is to honest for her own good. Maddness, the pressure place on society and ourselves, mainly because the media, once again, dictate what is the expected norm.

Just do your own thing its your decision.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks to all of you who have responded, I can't make a long post as I'm going to school about now, but to answer a couple of questions, I'm not really holding it up for anyone, and no, I haven't even kissed a girl...when I get home I guess I'll make a more elaborate post.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At this point in your life, it appears it is lack of confidence in yourself that keeps you where you are. It is really not a "virginity problem" as much as it is a problem with how you view yourself. Pick something you do well...there must be something, no? If not, choose something you like and get proficient in it. Use it to boost your confidence. Feel good about yourself...let other people (especially women in social settings) know how good you are in that one area. Don't be overly boastful...just confident in your abilities. Then, find a woman who appreciates you for that...and take your time. There is no need to rush into a sexual relationship...that will come if it is right.

Further, if there is something about yourself that you don't like (sloppy, overweight, late, etc.), change it. It is in your power to do.

It takes work to build your confidence. After all, you do have to really believe that there is something you do well. But...if you feel good about yourself, you will attract women.

And don't worry about lack of experience. In sex, as in many other things, learning is half the fun. Believe me...it will all come very naturally to you when you finally get there.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Other than my Hand, I lost mine when I first married at the age of 25 years and about three months.

No problem. Everything worked real well.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
90% of males in the animal kingdom die without ever having sex. So if you do die a virgin, console yourself that you're not the only one. Many fish, birds, walruses and even lions die without ever getting laid.

^_^

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Never mind about the age. I'm confident that you will be able to move past virginity when you find yourself in the right situation to lose that virginity. Billions of men before you have discovered that one can be a fast learner with the right partner, and that could be a male or female. We all learn by doing and the learning process should go on until you die.

You may be tempted to get it over with with just anyone; my thought is that I hope you will hold out for a partner with whom you have become deeply bonded in friendship/love and you have reached the point where you both need it and want it. That first time can be both thrilling and transforming.

Keep yourself open to others, male and female, and let the friendship develop. It isn't rocket science. Billions have done it and you can too.

canZ

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think there is a too old to be a virgin. Even though we all have urges, you don't NEED to have sex in some competitive timeframe.