how old is too old to be a virgin?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At this point in your life, it appears it is lack of confidence in yourself that keeps you where you are. It is really not a "virginity problem" as much as it is a problem with how you view yourself. Pick something you do well...there must be something, no? If not, choose something you like and get proficient in it. Use it to boost your confidence. Feel good about yourself...let other people (especially women in social settings) know how good you are in that one area. Don't be overly boastful...just confident in your abilities. Then, find a woman who appreciates you for that...and take your time. There is no need to rush into a sexual relationship...that will come if it is right.

Further, if there is something about yourself that you don't like (sloppy, overweight, late, etc.), change it. It is in your power to do.

It takes work to build your confidence. After all, you do have to really believe that there is something you do well. But...if you feel good about yourself, you will attract women.

And don't worry about lack of experience. In sex, as in many other things, learning is half the fun. Believe me...it will all come very naturally to you when you finally get there.
I agree.
NNYCD and NJ both make excellent points.
They are wise and I agree with everything both write, at all times. :yup:

90% of males in the animal kingdom die without ever having sex. So if you do die a virgin, console yourself that you're not the only one. Many fish, birds, walruses and even lions die without ever getting laid.

^_^
Someone else told me this and I do not think anyone should really take comfort in not having intimate physical contact.

It has been a long time since I have been a virgin, so maybe that colors my view. But, as an adult, I have had sex with a male virgin, and beyond the virginity, it took a bit of time before he was comfortable being naked or huggy or with PDAs. So I believe for some virgins there are intimacy and trust issues they must work through then attempt relationships, before giving up and finding kinship with the virgin walrus.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I just turned 22 today, and have no experience whatsoever with the opposite sex, I know I'm a loser but I'm just wondering at what age a man is expected to not be a lumbering idiot in bed

Well, let's toss all the joking responses and get right to the heart of the problem.

For starters, a man or woman who is 22 isn't that old to begin with. Congrats on the birthday, but just relax. Just because you haven't done it yet, doesn't mean you will never get the chance to do it.

I'm friends with a few guys and gals who either haven't lost their virginity yet, or just lost it recently. All it means, is that you haven't had sex yet. A weekend with the right person can change all that, especially if they are patient with you. Don't think you can't be amazing at sex the first time either.

One of the posters above mentioned somethign about sex with a really bad 50something I think....so, I think that might help answer your question. You can be a fucking stallion at 18 and you can also be absolute shit at 85. Best you don't worry about it. Seriously. Just go in there eagerly the first time and don't let a term hold you back. Find a gal/guy, fuck 'em senseless a few hundred times and you will be pro.:smile:

D

deleted3782

I was 23 when I lost mine and I'm still a lumbering idiot in bed. Its not so bad.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A beautiful post. I really like the photos in your gallery, but I like your post even better.

Happy Birthday, morsecode:birthday::arms::dance:

I could open this one with something humorous, but I'm going to because I'm not that I could pull it off without being misunderstood. With that being said, here we go.

You are not a loser, morsecode. You have to think bigger of yourself:smile:. heavy-chevy, I don't think there is an age to old. You will always have time. If you feel like having sex, you can do it no matter how old you are. Ask an 80 year old?:biggrin1: I can imagine how it feels to be a virgin. I envy virgins actually. I'd probably donate a kidney to get my virginity back if that were possible. With me, there's three major categories of sex within a community...hypothetically speaking. You can make love (the best:smile:), have sex (could be boring:confused:), or fuck (usually right on the money:cool:). As far as experience, the physical act itself is just mechanics. Anyone who 'studies' a sex scene can fuck. It's the emotion behind your mechanics that makes your sex beautiful. Focus your emotion and when you finally get that release you'll be glad that you didn't 'waste it.' I'm not saying that, but...to paint a picture.

I don't know how you two view your virginity but I suggest looking at it through precious eyes. Imagine losing your virginity...when you're in love instead of drunk. I'm not saying that would happen either, but...to paint a picture. It could be good, but what if it was awesome? Actually take the time, you know, sacrifice yourself and take the time to get to know a woman, fall in love and have one of those fairy tale lives:rolleyes: Then in that time, be a mack, be a playa, keep your game tight, stay real and be humble and a woman that was specially made for you will pop up out of nowhere and break you off.

suineg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Don't sweat it.

I had my first kiss at 17 and that relationship only lasted 20 days. I lost my virginity at 23 to my first serious girl friend and got married to my second serious girlfriend at 26. My wife had been with 7 partners before me when I married her, and now she says that I am her best lay because I listen to her needs, not doing what I think she needs!

montanaguy

Sexy Member
Media
Don't feel bad about not having lost your virginity yet. I know a couple of guys who are in their mid 40's that still haven't lost their's yet. It can be seen as a virtue in that they must have a lot of self-control in that area by not having lost it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't feel bad about not having lost your virginity yet. I know a couple of guys who are in their mid 40's that still haven't lost their's yet. It can be seen as a virtue in that they must have a lot of self-control in that area by not having lost it.
That's not a good thing! :eek: Unless they reside in a monastery, that's freaky! Forty plus years of that kind of sexual self-control speaks to a deeper emotional problem.

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're not a loser. You should pride yourself on not fucking every betty, sue, and nancy. It means you have standards. I believe there is no set age, there is just pressure put on men that they should lose it whilst a teenager. Just like there is pressure that every woman should be the size of Nicole Richie. Disregard what you think others would think. I'd say wait till you find someone special.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not so bad being a virgin at 22. You can say your parents didn't let you date in high school and you were too busy studying or working during college.

I don't think, like some people say, that it will just happen, especially if you get older. Girls will just seem harder and harder to approach as you get older and they will sense that something is off. Most people learn to interact and kiss when they are teenagers and they learn what is appropriate.

It's best to find some close male friends and have them help you find girls. If you can even tell them you are a virgin then they will want to help you. It's better in real life where they can encourage you more. If you get into a group of friends you hang out with that will help with meeting girls.

Now, like someone else said, you have to ask why you still haven't kissed a girl. Some guys grew up with a lot of guilt about sex or even just kissing girls. They worry about is it right. So ask yourself what is going on.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Hmm, 22 is fine. But you should try and get laid in the next three years. Someone who is still a virgin by the age of 25, unless they have religious reasons, will ussually have some minor to major issues with intimacy and interacting with people. It can still happen, but it shows that you do have some issues.

If you're in your 30's and havent' gotten laid yet, it generally means that it won't happen.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why not get real. You'll not find satisfying sex by treating it like a shopping trip. Build the foundation before you try to enjoy the furnishings!
What foundation? Simple, go where possible partners are at your stage in life; that can be school, work, the neighborhood, or even a church function. Believe me there are people, men and women, who want and need what you have to offer.
And, don't worry about what you do when you find the right person. Billions of people have found that they do alright in learning by doing.
You want all your sex to be memorable--especially that first time, and you aren't likely to find the kind of partner you need too far from where you are right now, so, open up to the folks you see every day or at least once a week.

islewitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't really think losing your virginity at certain age really matters, what matters is that when you are ready go for it. My roommate is 25 and still a virgin, but he has other problems that keeps him away from girls. I think he might be allergic to vagina or something; he has a tendency to run away when a new female is presence. The thing is that he stopped trying. He is stuck in a development loop. I even had a stripper over one night that I worked with that was willing to lay him. He said no. That is what troubles me.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A friend of mine is basically asexual - he simply has no interest in sex or romance and doesn't see it as a problem. I don't see it as a problem either. He has a challenging career which he likes. Also, he is involved in various civic and community activities. He gets along well with other people and is very sociable.

To some people, sex simply is not important. To some people, it is important only because they are made to feel deficient in some way if they are not sexually active.

We should be willing to accept the fact that some people have little or no interest in sex and should not try to get them to do something that they really don't want to do. There are other things in life besides sex. And, let us not overlook the fact that people who are not interested in sex will be able to avoid many problems that sex often causes.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
A friend of mine is basically asexual - he simply has no interest in sex or romance and doesn't see it as a problem. I don't see it as a problem either. He has a challenging career which he likes. Also, he is involved in various civic and community activities. He gets along well with other people and is very sociable.

To some people, sex simply is not important. To some people, it is important only because they are made to feel deficient in some way if they are not sexually active.

We should be willing to accept the fact that some people have little or no interest in sex and should not try to get them to do something that they really don't want to do. There are other things in life besides sex. And, let us not overlook the fact that people who are not interested in sex will be able to avoid many problems that sex often causes.
I can understand your friend's position. I guess that's why I'm such a fan of "love." "Just sex" has become extremely boring to me. I want more. If can't have more, then I'm just not interested. I won't be driven insane from not having sex. I've had my share of sex and I could have it at the drop of a dime. All of I have to do is pick of my phone, but I won't more than "just sex."

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that the death line age of virginity in guys is 25 . If you pass the 25 year old mark and you are still a virgin hire a hooker because otherwise it will not happen .