how old is too old to be a virgin?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can understand your friend's position. I guess that's why I'm such a fan of "love." "Just sex" has become extremely boring to me. I want more. If can't have more, then I'm just not interested. I won't be driven insane from not having sex. I've had my share of sex and I could have it at the drop of a dime. All of I have to do is pick of my phone, but I won't more than "just sex."

I can really relate to that.

Some guys are extremely physically attractive (you certainly are), which is nice, but there are more important things than being physically attractive. It's more important to have a partner who is responsible, kind, warm, and friendly, in which case the physical characterists don't seem so important.

Obviously good physical attributes and a good personality are not mutually exclusive.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Speaking as a long-lived world class male slut, I think you should only engage in sex -- AKA, making love -- when you are ready. Although I've met some guys who were virgins in their mid to late 30's because of their religious beliefs (and they were a bit strange to begin with) I don't think it's a bad thing to be a "late bloomer." Who knows, you might actually be the one-in-a-million who finds the perfect mate and remain in love and happily monogamous for life.

I would worry, however, that as you remain a virgin if you masturbate excessively (I know, what's excessive?) that you find it difficult or impossible to enjoy sex with another person without having to whack yourself off in order to reach a climax -- that is, when you DO find that certain someone.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I can really relate to that.

Some guys are extremely physically attractive (you certainly are), which is nice, but there are more important things than being physically attractive. It's more important to have a partner who is responsible, kind, warm, and friendly, in which case the physical characterists don't seem so important.

Obviously good physical attributes and a good personality are not mutually exclusive.
A person's physicalities is only a small part of them when dealing in a relationship. Being appealing to the eyes is a plus, but the things on the inside of them is what drives me more. It's those things that make the dick or pussy, whatever you're in, that much better, more appealing than just being eye candy. In the past, I have 'settled' to be in a relationship...wrong move. Having standards is something that I just refuse to let go of. The older that you get, going back on your word, or settling, is disappointing. I have learned that if you're not comfortable doing something, then don't do it. That's just for me.

"I knew I shouldn't gone out with this person" is what I think after I'm with them and they start to get on my nerves because I settled. So, being sexy is definitely not all that there is to an individual. There's always more:wink:

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A person's physicalities is only a small part of them when dealing in a relationship. Being appealing to the eyes is a plus, but the things on the inside of them is what drives me more. It's those things that make the dick or pussy, whatever you're in, that much better, more appealing than just being eye candy. In the past, I have 'settled' to be in a relationship...wrong move. Having standards is something that I just refuse to let go of. The older that you get, going back on your word, or settling, is disappointing. I have learned that if you're not comfortable doing something, then don't do it. That's just for me.

"I knew I shouldn't gone out with this person" is what I think after I'm with them and they start to get on my nerves because I settled. So, being sexy is definitely not all that there is to an individual. There's always more:wink:

I fully agree.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I'm not religious at all, nor spiritual, so I don't really have any hangups towards sex insofar as religious teachings are concerned. It's just I'm very insecure and can't let go of stuff that happened before, things that were said and ass kickings that were bestowed upon me, not by my family or anything like that, just by kids at 5 different schools, I remember crying by looking at the mirror thinking I'm so damn ugly, like a fat 12 year old girl or something. Speaking a language that is not my own doesn't help either, sometimes I can't string together a coherent sentence and is hard to communicate. But anyway, I just posted here because I was feeling down on myself and had to have an outlet, I've sort of given up on the whole thing.

I would worry, however, that as you remain a virgin if you masturbate excessively (I know, what's excessive?) that you find it difficult or impossible to enjoy sex with another person without having to whack yourself off in order to reach a climax -- that is, when you DO find that certain someone.
l
Best of luck.

Shit!, thing #1786BZ14 to worry about, but thanks anyways :biggrin1:

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
90% of males in the animal kingdom die without ever having sex. So if you do die a virgin, console yourself that you're not the only one. Many fish, birds, walruses and even lions die without ever getting laid.

^_^

That doesn't make any sense. Most of those animals live in groups and there is often one male for a group of females, and I haven't seen a guy hogging women by the dozens. Besides, why should I find any solace in the fact that a lion died a virgin and thus an evolutionary failure?

Were you trying to be cute or just taking the piss?

D_Drew Peacock

Experimental Member
Media
I think that the death line age of virginity in guys is 25 . If you pass the 25 year old mark and you are still a virgin hire a hooker because otherwise it will not happen .

Bull. The death line is drawn at your funeral. I am all for choice, and people should be free from pressure as to when to make that choice. And virgin does not mean defective.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bull. The death line is drawn at your funeral. I am all for choice, and people should be free from pressure as to when to make that choice. And virgin does not mean defective.
Here we go again with the free will bullshit . Outside religious and asexuality reasons I can asure you that male virgins that are over 25 aren't in this situation by choice .

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A friend of mine is basically asexual - he simply has no interest in sex or romance and doesn't see it as a problem. I don't see it as a problem either.
I don't believe that people are asexual. I think some people have issues with guilt or whatever and they just seem too hard to conquer, so they give up on sex. Other people, men and women, just figure they aren't interested and give up on them also.

D

deleted15807

I don't believe that people are asexual. I think some people have issues with guilt or whatever and they just seem too hard to conquer, so they give up on sex. Other people, men and women, just figure they aren't interested and give up on them also.

'Giving up on sex' ergo 'asexual'?

asexual

(ā-sĕk'shū-əl) http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/pron.gif

adj.
  1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
  2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
  3. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.

Crosz

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Morse,you're young and you still have time to turn things around.
When you start to feel down...just think to yourself,"at least...I'm
not Crosz".Just imagine if you were my age....

My advice to you is:try to do something about you're situation
before its too late.Before you reach 30 and you look around
realizing that you haven't done or experienced anything.

Good luck to you !!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree. My friends husband is asexual and has a doctors note to prove it. :cool:

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Human beings are social animals; the human race requires that part of us to be exercised to insure the survival of our species. That's putting it carassly, and fortunately most persons find it very fulfulling to "mix it up"--some of us at a very early age and others long into the time of their sexual maturity.

Read the first chapters of Genesis in the Bible to get the very ancient sense that our Creator agrees: having created the first man something was missing! Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone, I will make him a helper as his partner." (Genesis 2:18) Read on in the chapter and you get this great line: "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh" ( 2:24) And the pressing of the flesh can be both thrilling and transforming.

Look around you and observe that millions leave the sexually solitary life every day and bond with another person, male or female, and make glorious whoopee!
We even celebrate it in song: "Woman needs man and man must find his mate, that no one can deny....The world will always welcome lovers as time goes by."

Hey, fella, whatever your age may be it is likely that you are fully equipped to join the parade of happy sexually active persons. Do your part and you will find that there's a world full of potential willing partners.

But as another song puts it: "If you want to make whoopee, don't wait until you're 'over the hill, brother, you're over the hill". NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN THE PARADE. Don't wait to find out when it's too late.

heavy-chevy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm 25 and I'm still a virgin. When I was at that age when all my friends were experimenting, I was interested in other things so I never went out in search of pussy. But as I got older I wanted to get laid but by then I was already past 20 and I knew I'd only look awkward being sexually inexperienced at my age. So I put it of, and put it off, and here I am. I've pretty much excepted that if I'm a virgin for the rest of my life, that's not the worst thing in the world. But what really drives me crazy is that I still have sexual thoughts and desires. That's why I'm now trying to quit masturbating as well. It's hard but very fulfilling because it makes me feel like I'm in control, for once.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ya'all will hate me for this but,"Practice makes perfect". Keep trying till you get it near right!

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I think it putting a age limit on loosing your virginity really is a stupid thing. Why do you have to have sex and possibly regret it just to fit in with society? Nobody expects you to drive one certain make of car, or live in one certain state so why should anyone be expected to have had sex by a certain age?

D

deleted213967

Consider entering priesthood on your 25th birthday if still carrying the V card.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I've never had a relationship even though I sorely want one, so sex, passion and love have become something of a legend to me.

I got this idea stuck in my head where life is chaos (nothing is predetermined, things just happen) and nothing but that, and as such there are good and bad things, people, situations, etc. But, I tend to look at the shitty side of life, I've always had, and the time I spend alone is time I spend looking at the "bad" chaos because that's all I see, or at least want to see. So, I just want to know if by having someone by my side, and removing all the variables of the outside world and just focusing on her and the moment we share, be it a kiss, a smile or a moment of passion, even if its just a fleeting moment, will I be able to feel at peace for that instant?, and give my whole being to that person and forget everything else?, will she ever feel the same way?...I don't know, maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but is not only sex what I want, I just want to feel close to that person.

P.S. Sorry for steering the ship to the seas of cheese, I realize how corny this whole thing sounds.