how old is too old to be a virgin?

Honky16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The whole v-card thing kind of makes me nervous. I'm 18, kinda freshly 18, actually, and I'm a virgin. The other day during a class of mine, one of the people at my table, during some conversation, was like "Honestly, who at this table even still has their v-card? No one I bet."

Well, let's just say I knew that I was the only one. In fact, I've never even kissed. Should I be worried? I guess the major factor is that I'm gay, and not out to anyone, and that could be why... But still. I'm worried. Yuck.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, don't worry about it. Try to resist the pressure and, instead, wait for a suitable partner.

In principal, I like the idea of remaining a virgin 'til meeting the person with whom to share one's life. Although that's an ideal to which to aspire, most of us fall far short of that ideal; I certainly have.

For a man, probably I'm somewhat unusual since to me, affection is more important than sex. I can't believe that I'm the only one, but sometimes it seems that way.

The whole v-card thing kind of makes me nervous. I'm 18, kinda freshly 18, actually, and I'm a virgin. The other day during a class of mine, one of the people at my table, during some conversation, was like "Honestly, who at this table even still has their v-card? No one I bet."

Well, let's just say I knew that I was the only one. In fact, I've never even kissed. Should I be worried? I guess the major factor is that I'm gay, and not out to anyone, and that could be why... But still. I'm worried. Yuck.

cody6482

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

You are still young, don't worry about such things! I lost my virginity at 43. Many things factored into why I waited that long. Number one reason was major shyness and number two was that I was very confused about my sexual preference (what was I str8 gay or bi).
Take your time make sure you figure out who you are and what you want to become. Then when the time is right for you, it will happen.

Last edited:

aaraaf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks to all of you who have responded, I can't make a long post as I'm going to school about now, but to answer a couple of questions, I'm not really holding it up for anyone, and no, I haven't even kissed a girl...when I get home I guess I'll make a more elaborate post.

I dated a guy like that before. It was nice that he wanted to wait til marriage and what not, but it gets boring after a couple of years.:rolleyes: On the flip side, kudos for having some ideals guys. It's not when you lose it that counts anyways. Sex will always be there.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
I dated a guy like that before. It was nice that he wanted to wait til marriage and what not, but it gets boring after a couple of years.:rolleyes: On the flip side, kudos for having some ideals guys. It's not when you lose it that counts anyways. Sex will always be there.

yeah, I'm not waiting for marriage, I hate ceremonies...but thanks anyways

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'Giving up on sex' ergo 'asexual'?

asexual

(ā-sĕk'shū-əl) http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/pron.gif

adj.
  1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
  2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
  3. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.
I disagree. My friends husband is asexual and has a doctors note to prove it. :cool:
I still don't believe it. Some people may appear to lack interest in sex, but inside they want it. For some reason, guilt, fear, shyness, then can't allow themselves to appear sexual around other people. And so people just figure they aren't interested in sex.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, don't worry about it. Try to resist the pressure and, instead, wait for a suitable partner.
That may be good advice for people that jump into sex easily. But it's not good advice for guys that have a hard time losing their virginity. The problem is what does "suitable" mean? A virgin can go their whole life never feeling like anyone is suitable. It's only after gaining more experience that they can get a sense of who is right or wrong for them. They've followed the advice of waiting and now have a hard time interacting sexually.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should be aware that a lot of guys, especially teenagers, lie about being virgins or sex in general. They don't all fuck until dawn, they didn't all lose their V at 12 and they don't all have 8 inch cocks.

:rolleyes:

FYI I lost mine at 19 because at that time I thought it was the right time to get it over with.

Crosz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it putting a age limit on loosing your virginity really is a stupid thing. Why do you have to have sex and possibly regret it just to fit in with society? Nobody expects you to drive one certain make of car, or live in one certain state so why should anyone be expected to have had sex by a certain age?

I have to disagree,Lee.Do you think that its "normal" for someone
well into their 30's to be a virgin and never had any sort of intimate
experience with a woman ?

It's one thing to make the choice to remain a virgin until marriage
for instance but most people who are unexperienced after age 30
aren't remaining virgins voluntarily.

I think that being a virgin after a certain age is indicative of a
larger problem.Although,I'm not passing judgement on Morsecode
or saying that this is the case in his particular situation.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media

I think it is but I don't know what it is, maybe I idolize the opposite sex or being in a relationship, as I said in a previous post in this thread, or just plain old shyness pushed to the extreme, if I see a girl I really like, say in the bus, my stomach just bends into itself and I just want to puke and avoid eye contact, I've got the social maturity of a 12 year old.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Who cares whether it is "normal" to be a virgin at age 30? Why bother with the words normal and abnormal? They simply obfuscate the issue.

Surely it's "normal" to take something that you want, but that doesn't make it acceptable. Legally, it would be stealing.

The relevant question is whether a person is a virgin at age 30 is causing problems for others, and I can't see that he / she is. And would it really be so bad if a person who is a virgin at age 30 is not so voluntarily? Which one of us has everything that he / she wants? Is a person aged 30 who has had hundreds of sex partners necessarily happier than someone who has had none?

If a person who is a virgin at age 30 feels deprived and lonely, then appropriate counseling could be helpful. However, people considerably vary in how important sex is to them. And, a person who has had many partners and who can have all the partners he wants could also feel lonely.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
14. If you are still a virgin after that age, you should kill yourself. :rolleyes:
Honestly, I am in a similar situation, and I try not to think about it, cause desperation will not get you laid. ..just put yourself out there.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In each of us there is the urge to communicate. I think this is so even when we are convinced that we aren't being very good at it. Only some of the communication is verbal and even that is something an outsider would not see as the giving of any sort of signals. It happens all the time: two men for no apparent reason find themselves in conversation. Neither is on the prowl as it were, yet something is communicated and picked up by the other that causes them to continue communicating. Yet it is from such apparently slender threads that contacts are made and continued and may lead to the kind of bonding which seem to require confirmation in sexual activity.

Some persons are more open to the surprises that come their way. Remember, the other guy or gal is probably just as shy as you are and needs someone to give the signal that there is promise in proceeding through the openings that come your way.

Honky16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You are still young, don't worry about such things! I lost my virginity at 43. Many things factored into why I waited that long. Number one reason was major shyness and number two was that I was very confused about my sexual preference (what was I str8 gay or bi).
Take your time make sure you figure out who you are and what you want to become. Then when the time is right for you, it will happen.
Thanks, it's kind of reassuring to hear. :)

I just have major self-esteem issues I need to get myself over, then I think I might be able to get out there and live. Or something.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media

larger problem.Although,I'm not passing judgment on Morsecode

Different people need different amounts of intimacy and commitment. So while someone may want a relationship (or sex) it might not be their highest priority.They aren't hurting anyone and they arent abnormal, they are just people who may not be comfortable approcahing others or being approached.

It really is a horrible and unnecessary stigma that older virgins are virgins because they cant get anyone. Its just another case of society placing judgement and alienating people for not conforming with they are expected to be doing