How old were you when you became a man?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So which is it you want to know? When we became men or when we first had sex?

That was actually how I took this thread title before actually opening it and reading the OP. Since I've had sex with a woman (two different women, actually), I'll add that in at the appropriate time and answer the thread according to my original expectations.

I matured physically very young: by the time I was 11 my voice was cracking, by the time I was 12 I had a full bush of pubic hair and hair under my arms. I was physically capable of reproduction but was completely still a boy.

I purposefully waited until I could meet someone who was "right", though I wasn't even really aware of what "right" meant. I was the last of my group of friends to have sex at the age of 17, though it wasn't with a woman/girl, it was with a man in his 40s and I chose him essentially by default.

When I was 18 I became completely financially independent from my family and have remained so ever since. I do not consider either my financial independence nor my having lost my virginity as having "become a man", though they were small steps on the way.

I had my first penetrative sex with a woman when I was 20; it was a caprice on each of our parts done more out of mutual curiosity than love or even lust. She had a regular boyfriend and we never had a repeat. I was still very much not a man yet: boyish and irresponsible, not manly.

I stumbled through three other relationships with men in my 20s and had one other encounter with a woman when I was 24; by that time, I had made some serious inroads in building a career, traveled around three continents, spoke two languages and had an excellent comprehension of two others, but I bored easily, was very fickle and still had no idea what I needed in a partner or what I wanted to do with my life except wake up the next day and start all over again.

I gave up using all illicit drugs when I was 23 due to career pressures and a desire to "grow up", but that didn't make me a man. On my 30th birthday I went to the poshest and most expensive French restaurant in Boston with an ex and his best friend, spending hundreds of dollars in wines alone, but that hardly made me a man in fact, I was as boyish in my outlook then as I'd been ten years previously, just as frivolous, just as hedonistic, just as shallow and materialistic.

Later that Spring, I took an extended (three-week) vacation in Spain, fell in love on a beach and six weeks later was on a plane to Paris to live with someone I thought I’d love forever. It wasn’t until his health started failing that I learned that my capacity for love transcended anything else, and I devoted the last six months of his life to his care, emotionally, spiritually and, to a degree physically as there was no one else to bathe him or feed him. I had a chance to escape all that and run back home to Boston twice, and each time I declined knowing that the future would only bring agony, suffering and despair not just for him, but for me as well.

Those six months were a turning point in my life, and I finally started becoming a man, but it wasn’t until two years after he’d died, returned to Boston and decided to renew my career, gaining back my life from years of grief that I became a man. I was 34.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Re: How old were you when you became a man?

This is for all you straight dudes.

How old were you when you lost your virginity? I define "virginity" as "the first time you stuck your dick in a pussy".
Why is this restricted to "str8 dudes"?

Also, I was a boy and getting my willy wet did not make me a man. That took much longer.
I'm assuming that gay dudes don't like pussy.
Are you saying Gay guys don't get to be men? I kind of find this thread rather offensive.
I find the OP's mindset reflected in his premise altogether offensive, ignorant, and Neanderthal.

To answer the question, I first had sex with a woman a few months before I first had sex with man.

I did just about everything right out of the gate. It was all good, but none of it "make me a man".

Still working on that. It's an ongoing process. The OP should look into it too, even at age 65.

Last edited:

cute5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
15 years old, 1 month from being 16. At a church Thanksgiving picnic, ironicly.

D_nghhli

Experimental Member
Media
17 with a girl, she was 16 and a virgin too.
We drove to a quiet beach area in South Wales and walked into the woods. We found a fallen tree at an angle and we took all our clothes off. It was a right stumbling affair and after several tries I had to get her all wet manually. Then we managed it and I took her virginity. Not very romantic and hurt us both a lot at first but after that we were like stoats.
Not yet lost my virginity to a man but getting closer as each month goes by.

snobbsdale24

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Gosh.. I wasn't a whore, but I first got fucked when I was like 13 or 14 by my cousin. Then at 16 by my roommate

None of those made me a man though..

With a girl, at 24

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

What does "sticking my dick into a pussy" have to do with becoming a "man?"
Absolutely nothing!
Becoming a "man" is an entirely different thing.

That said...

I first dipped my dipstick into a lilly at the age of about 6 or 7 and continued doing it
regularly until I left for the Navy and then got married...but that did not make me a
man. I had to earn that distinction through much more than just sex.
First, is a respect for women.