How old were you when you started your career?

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a 23 year old man. I graduated last year with a bachelor degree in physiology. I was working as an EMT in Flint, MI and Math Tutor for a year.... until I decided that being an EMT in Flint sucks because the people who employ you suck, the people you work with suck (including the police), and the people you serve suck.... also the 50 min commute was giving my wallet a beat down.

I always knew that I didn't want to do this for the rest of my life. I wanted to take a year off to really experience what it's like to be an adult. To be free. But now, I'm ready to start climbing again. So I said fuck it.

Now I'm solely a math tutor (it pays more anyway, and I don't have to worry about the law) and focusing on applying to med school.

How long did it take you to start your career? Are you were you want to be? Do you still have plans? Are you content with what you're doing?

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I pretty much joined the military after college and haven't looked back since. I love what I do and as long as I'm having fun, enjoying myself and the military keeps me, I'll stay in. However, still haven't figured out what I'm going to do when I "grow up".

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was about 14 when I started my first career. I've had a few more since. Life is journey and each road I traveled down I found something interesting to keep me occupied.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was about 14 when I started my first career. I've had a few more since. Life is journey and each road I traveled down I found something interesting to keep me occupied.

I"m not talking about your first career. I'm talking about the career which you plan to keep or the one that you have now.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm a 23 year old man. I graduated last year with a bachelor degree in physiology. I was working as an EMT in Flint, MI and Math Tutor for a year.... until I decided that being an EMT in Flint sucks because the people who employ you suck, the people you work with suck (including the police), and the people you serve suck....

When you think that many people suck the odds are usually that it's you that sucks although not in a useful or good way.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You mean being a Moderator is your first career? Coooooooooooooooool!

:lmao:

The carrer I am working in/towards now, I started in about 7 years ago. It has modified and changed some, going from an IHSS worker, to a behavioural respite provider, to a paraprofessional sd (working with the severly disabled)

One day I plan to be a behavioural consultant. I was 27 when I first got onto the health and human services field. 34 when I became a para sd, and will be in my 40`s when I become a board certified behaviourist.

D_yabbadabbadont

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Been doing my profession since I was 15. Company I was with put me thru college to get my Machanical Engineering degree. I started at the bottom of the ladder cranking handles in a machine shop. 26 yrs later I'm at the top of the ladder one step away from my goal, ownership.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you think that many people suck the odds are usually that it's you that sucks although not in a useful or good way.

Yea. I suck for wanting to do things legally and not to go against HIPPA laws.

I had cops telling me to lie on my reports. You still think I suck?

Just stop being a troll and get a life.

D_PIOuiohIYGIY

Just Browsing
Media
I started my nursing internship when I was 17 and I am now 24, Head of the Nurses Staff in the ER at my local hospital... sometimes I hate my job, I have seen too much death. But I am working my way up the ladder. I am content on where I am at right now though...

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hmm i had my first comic published by a local shop at 15.
started the soap thing at 19.
a few years in both are doing right by me.

not sure if any of it counts as a career.

Last edited:

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have been in my current job since I was 25 and really don't enjoy it all. Been looking to going back to school to get a second degree so I can pursue another career track because I feel like I am in dead end job.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yea. I suck for wanting to do things legally and not to go against HIPPA laws.

I had cops telling me to lie on my reports. You still think I suck?

Just stop being a troll and get a life.
I was simply telling it like it is. You said the cops sucked, the people you worked for sucked and that the people you served as an EMT sucked. That last group, the people you serve, they aren't related to the HIPPA laws.

If that weren't enough, nowhere in your OP did you mention HIPPA you just said everybody sucked.

I'm a 23 year old man. I graduated last year with a bachelor degree in physiology. I was working as an EMT in Flint, MI and Math Tutor for a year.... until I decided that being an EMT in Flint sucks because the people who employ you suck, the people you work with suck (including the police), and the people you serve suck.... also the 50 min commute was giving my wallet a beat down.

I always knew that I didn't want to do this for the rest of my life. I wanted to take a year off to really experience what it's like to be an adult. To be free. But now, I'm ready to start climbing again. So I said fuck it.

Now I'm solely a math tutor (it pays more anyway, and I don't have to worry about the law) and focusing on applying to med school.

How long did it take you to start your career? Are you were you want to be? Do you still have plans? Are you content with what you're doing?

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I started teaching (secondary education) when I was 20 (turned 21 a few months later) and have been in the education field ever since. Albeit, my discipline remains the same, but I am now in higher education and am an administrator.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

24 years old,still at it after 36 years,could have retired several years ago,but I love my job.

D

deleted3782

I was 17...and I'm still in the same line of work, though I have much greater responsibilities now.

I might need a new career.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Barely 15 when I started my first apprenticeship. After working around the globe, I now (age 22) own my own business in one of the bigger cities here. I think I could've done worse. It's not exactly a rags-to-riches kind of story, but I can honestly say I have done so on my own power.

Last edited: