How old you look vs. how old you are

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree about not lying.

It only starts paying off once you hit 30. At least for me. However, the harm of being passed up on by people around your own age when you were younger leaves one inexperienced and wondering how much other 32 year olds can do between the sheets.

Hoo boy. Yep. I've always looked way young. I went to college looking like was I was 15 and today I still get carded for everything. Women my own age seem to think I'm practically jailbait but girls that are the age I look are looking for casual sex with ripped hunks.

So you end up my age with no sexual experience knowing that people will expect you to have some regardless of the past that kept you from it. People think it'd be great to look young but the results of it are not that great. At least if you are male. Things are probably different for women.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lie about my age? :footinmouth: :pat: I feel like a fool for even bringing it up now. :sad:

I'm so glad you came to this conclusion so quickly. Lying is NOT good.

I don't think a lack of experience would make a huge difference with most women. Some would be bothered by it, but I think most would be fine. How much experience have you had?

When I met my ex, he was 29. He had had sex only twice before he met me. I was his first girlfriend. I was fairly experienced, but it didn't bother me at all that he was so unexperienced. Sure, I was surprised, but not bothered.

Oh, and to answer the main question . . . I am 30 but still get asked for ID on a regular basis (ie. people think I look under 18). I agree that it sucks. I keep hoping for a few wrinkles, but no luck yet.

Last edited:

Getting9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When I'm asked how old I am, I ask them to guess my age. If their guess is younger than my chronological age I say "Yip, that's right".
When I just started working, my boss looked "ancient" and now that I am the boss I wonder if I look ancient to younger employees. But seriously, I look 15 years younger than I am due to high maintenance.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I matured quickly in my teens so most people thought that I was older than I really was at the time. I have a half brother who is completely different. We were out one time when I was 19 and he was 27. He was carded but I wasn't. He was totally pissed so I can understand where you are coming from. I have some gray hair now and the face is showing some wrinkles. I could do some things to look younger but don't really think that it is worth it. I'm a low maintenance kind of guy and I don't want to pretend to be something I am not. I am very active and hang with a younger crowd. Most of them are shocked whenever the age issue comes up. You may be making it more of an issue than it is. Sometimes we are so caught up on something that it drives others away.

oh boy where do i start....the only problem i have is the responses of other people. I have always looked incredibly young for my age.

When i was 15 i was 5 feet tall and skinny and I looked like an 11 year old . Getting girls was incredibly hard for me (impossible) to add insult to injury the part that grew first was my cock. Fantastic a 5 feet tall 11 year-old looking kid with a huge cock. Man i got teased and humiliated...it was horrible.....what late adolescent girl wants to be with a kid, i had sex at 17 with a girl from my neighborhood, we were both virgins. After that it was difficult even though i was taller. I discovered that older women were more interested (what a surprise). I did learn a lot from older women.

When i was MARRIED i was asked for ID frequently, much to the amusement of my wife. It has paid big dividends later in life though. I have played sport for a long time and this combined with good genetics has allowed me to have a great life. Being at this site has raised the whole issue again and i have had to deal with my share of critics and trouble makers. We all get that though. Im fifty and i definitely dont look it. I look after myself and work hard at my health. I like looking and feeling youthfull. It works for me...the down side is dealing with other peoples behavior......nothing new there though.

green carnation

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
realise that everybody, to some degree, is inexperienced at pleasing a new partner. We all learn how to please our individual partners as the relationship develops, so dont pressure yourself into feeling you should know it all from the outset.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was 14 I looked 18, now that I'm older people who know my age say I look 10 years younger. My best advice is not to lie about your age. Lies have a way of coming back to bite you in the ass in the strangest ways possible.
Just do what I have always done... Don't discuss your age and if the issue comes up... change the subject.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am black and I don't look it. From time to time, when I make a "we" or "us" remark, I can see how it's jarring to others who have not comtemplated my ethnicity. I am 50 and am told I don't look that either. This year I went out with a guy who is 35 and he worred whether he was too old for me. When I am asked, I tell the truth. I don't make jokes about age; I don't say, you're too young for that, you weren't born then or you were in diapers then; I don't ask people to gues my age.

I have noticed that men will guess my age on the basis of what I say. European women are very good at eluding the age issue and I follow their lead. When people ask when I arrived in London, I now say the in the 90s/ Before I used to say in 1993 which I noticed led two men to assume that I was late thirties when I was already 48.

The guy I am dating now is 40. At the end of the first date he asked me my age and then said, based on what I said that evening, he guessed that I was 46. But, aha, the question that he won't answer is, how old did you think I was when you were motivated to cross the room to make your indtroduction.

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am 36, and most people think I am 28-30. When I was 25, people judged me to be 20-21. So probably I have the tendency to look younger than I am.

The positive aspect is that as a gay guy it is sometimes easier to get in touch with younger guys, because they don´t see me as the almost 40 yo guy I am LOL. The negative aspect is that when I was younger, people tended not to take me seriously. For example when I was 25-26 and still looked like 20, then people sometimes didn´t show the same respect to me as to other guys my age..;)

The worst thing is that when it is dark I tend to look a lot younger than I am. Even like 23-24! And I remember when I was 27-28 I was in a park looking for sex (the local gay park). It was dark and probably I looked a lot younger than I was. Then I found a guy, but he didn´t want to be with me because he believed me to be only 14-15 years old LOL....even that actually I was in my late twenties. It DID suck a little ;)

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Huh? Not even close!!! Younger men are way more attractive to me and a lot of my friends!

And as a gay guy I can tell that most gay guys want people younger than themselves, at least when it comes to sex.

If I visit a gay sauna and there is only one guy in the early twenties, then you can always be sure that a lot of older men will be running behind that young guy for the whole night LOL

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I looked much older when I was a teen and in my early 20s, evened out in my mid-late 20s and managed to stop aging for several years (at least visually). When I'd disclose my age at 40, most people felt I still looked in my late 20s.

In my early 40s I went through a period of health crises and rapid weight loss/wasting, which intensified over the next 3-5 years, though it stabilized by the time I was 46-47. Whether it's because of my attitude or the fact that wasting has left me with the body I had as a young man 30 years ago, most people think I'm 5 or so years younger than I am.

Lots of guys get hung up on a little bit of gray, especially in his facial hair. My chin went completely white around the age of 32, though (so far) the hair on my head is still (mostly) the same light brown I've always had. As I consider Just For Men to be fakery, I've always resisted the urge and just work what I have left to the nubbins :cool:

Guys who age gracefully inevitably look younger than those who fight it.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't go there. Even if there's no potential for a long-term relationship, you don't want to be known as a liar, especially when there's any point in lying about your age. I don't think saying that you're 22 will make you more attractive. Burning bridges and avoiding everyone that you've lied to in the past will make you a piece of shit, even if the initial lie isn't a big one. It isn't worth it.

Good advice.

I'm so glad you came to this conclusion so quickly. Lying is NOT good.

I don't think a lack of experience would make a huge difference with most women. Some would be bothered by it, but I think most would be fine. How much experience have you had?

When I met my ex, he was 29. He had had sex only twice before he met me. I was his first girlfriend. I was fairly experienced, but it didn't bother me at all that he was so unexperienced. Sure, I was surprised, but not bothered.

Oh, and to answer the main question . . . I am 30 but still get asked for ID on a regular basis (ie. people think I look under 18). I agree that it sucks. I keep hoping for a few wrinkles, but no luck yet.

This happened to me a lot when I was younger. I have some funny stories about it, like when I was taking a karate class when I was 28 and a 16 year old boy in my class was flirting with me. I had to gently tell him exactly how old I was. :biggrin1: And even in my early thirties I was often mistaken for being in my late teens to early twenties.

However, now I'm 47, and have gone through a life-threatening illness and a huge amount of financial stress, so I'm starting to show my age. I don't have a lot of wrinkles, but I do have gray hair (but I have it dyed). I still look younger than my age but not as much so as I did before.

Huh? Not even close!!! Younger men are way more attractive to me and a lot of my friends!

I like the younger men, too!