How open are you?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_lrgeggs, Feb 17, 2012.

1. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

In your real life, meaning not here , from a range from 1 to 10, 1 meaning to very few people and 10 meaning to pretty much everyone, how open to others are you about your sexuality?

2. VernalTiger

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm heterosexual, so being fully open about my sexual orientation is easy. What I'm less open about (ironically) is being in an open relationship. Most of the time it's not relevant to the conversation or the company, and other times it's something I tell only to new partners.

3. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    1 - I've never given my family and friends/co-workers any indication of my sexuality but at the same time, I've never pretended to be someone/something I'm not. I always keep my interests and feelings to myself. I think I probably come across as 'asexual'.

I don't buy into the whole concept of 'coming out' - I think you can be free and open without having to 'explain' who you are.

4. B_rzl

B_rzl New Member

7-8... i always talk cock, j/o, and sex to my buddies. even when i meet someone new, thats one great way to build a nice and strong friendship. and i always make jokes, insinuations with girls. so maybe a 9 after all :)

5. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

I am a very proud very open straight twoman.

6. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    learnt thru lpsg, to be about 7/10 re sexuality openness, would have been maybe 3 previously

in that respect it has given to me, and only wish i had utilized this site, prior to my 30s, doubt it existed then tho
    youngsters these days do have an advantage, if they choose to learn the good things from a site like lpsg, i feel...
    tolerating / surviving the superficial shit talk, could build there character...............

7. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    same here,

I don't apreciate hearing about other peoples business as I'm mostly visualing images and I don't want to see my friends or relatives or whomever having sex in my mind unless I choose so.

Same story as when you go to the bathroom, I don't need to know if you did a number 1 or 2.

So unless it actually serves a purpose like getting laid I tend to keep things for myself.

8. 11ish

11ish Member

Albums:
    I'm a huge perv, if someone asks or shows interest as one then I'm open, but with some people, can't joke about it. Some gay people think I might judge them because first impression I serious. But I don't judge at all, have friends on both sides of both sexes, doesn't bother me as long as they are themselves

9. D_Phil_Doneafew

D_Phil_Doneafew Account Disabled

7 - I am fairly open, to the extent that I talk about my bf/partner to everyone, and they all know we live together. But to say that I am an out and proud gay man would be wrong. I do not wave a pride flag or talk about legal issues etc. I was taught as a child, right or wrong, that to win support one has to blend into the community and make yourself known as a person of good moral fiber.

10. D_Sal_Manilla

D_Sal_Manilla Account Disabled

I like a 7 or and 8.

my friends know.
    acquaintance might know.
    Strangers will not.

I don't go around talking about my sexuality but I don't hide it either.

i could be really "straight" but once I'm with my friends I'm so queer I can redecorate a room by just looking at it. I don't do it on purpose either.

11. erratic

Gold Member

That's a very interesting response, VernalTiger. Thanks.

I'm about a 10. It would be hard for me to be more out. I would have to go around telling people who I don't know, bank tellers, homeless guys, random people walking down the street.

That being said, I'm usually read as straight until I come out (by queer people and straight people alike), and I will absolutely stay closeted if I feel my safety is at stake. But I wouldn't count either of those as points off the OP's scale.

12. avg_joe

Gold Member

10. I want to see every man's dick to find out if he has the big one. LMAO !!!!

13. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I am fairly open if the topic of sex comes up. I have a rep as being hung, but I'm not the one to openly begin a conversation about sex. I find other males that do that are annoying. the gals check your bulge/package out anyway, so no amount talk will make up what you're lacking.

14. LargeSide

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm fairly closed about it. Probably around a 5, but some people I can get to 8-9 with.

15. Fade

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am selectively very open. With family or people who I know don't want to hear anything about it, 0. To those who I'm close friends with/who I know through various kinky things, 10 :tongue:

16. D_22

Gold Member

Albums:
    Rather damn open. Maybe a 7-8. I don't like to hold back when the topic arises about sex or sexuality. I enjoy hearing people's interest. Pretty much all my friends know about my sexuality despite a lot of them being surprised and sometimes initially thinking I'm joking. But being bi is important to me, so I don't see the need to hide it especially as I struggled in accepting and denying myself previously. Most of my family are homophobic, so I mostly hide it as respect for my parents, mostly. I could really care less if my family finds out and decide to drop me do to it, unless they're my parents. My parents know, aren't too happy with it and don't want me out with it. But some of my siblings, cousins, god siblings know. Mostly people from my step mom's side knows, none of my dad's (except his best friend) and my mom and aunt and her daughter.

17. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

As a heterosexual I am open about my sexuality. What is a closed book to almost everyone I know is my sexual history.

18. Solvejg

Solvejg New Member

If sex comes up, I am open and honest. I don't volunteer information though. I am what is known as a "good girl" and nobody ever suspects I am into being a hard core sub. It is quite funny when people find out to try to guage their reactions.

19. B_curiousjess

B_curiousjess New Member

Albums:
    sorta shy but as open as i need to be

20. redneckgymrat

Gold Member

Extremely open. Once the subject is broached (I never bring it up) I seize upon the opportunity, and have a frank discussion.

Draft saved Draft deleted