how personal do u like it?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn, Feb 15, 2007.

1. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

ok so i'd assume in today's age that most of you are active on many online message boards. How many of you actually take it personal when somebody openly disses you on the board? Whether it's because they find you annoying or that your grammar isn't good. Seriously how personal shall we take these online messageboards?
    I personally think they should be fun and should not always be taken literally. I mean we have enough BS in our personal lives that we need some sort of distraction online, no? I understand that we need to be serious at times for certain issues and discuss them in a mature way but overall it's about the fun too, no? I also find it weird to fight with someone behind a computer screen when perhaps in real life you could be friends with that person.

Ur thoughts??

2. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Asswipe :biggrin1:

3. Full_Phil

Full_Phil New Member

I guess it's hard not to take things personally whe one is called a name, or their ideas are called to question. Most of the dissing on this board appears to be well-intended, but those with a passionate issue can go for the jugular pretty well. Bitter responses to bitter comments can escalate into really harmful stuff, of course. I've been through the ringer enough times to be able to control myself, I think, so I don't think I'll be treatened when it comes my turn.

4. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

GO BACK TO SCHOOL! :tongue:

Kidding! :biggrin1:

5. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

you may wipe my ass with that cock of yours ANYTIME baby! :cool:

6. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Chupa mis grandes huevos, el picha grande. :wink:

7. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

But that's what the Internet is all about. For the first time in human history, there's a global network on which people can call absolute strangers "asshats".

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have not been dissed...yet! But I agree I think we all need to lighten up a little. Life in the city and the fast lane is difficult enough. I come here to have fun, learn and share:cool:

9. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

i prefer to tea bag ;)

10. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

hey, do u go to the eagle a lot? i think i've seen your cock before! :biggrin1:

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

No not really, I guess my dick is run of the mill if someone else at the Eagle has it!:rolleyes:

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

then it must've been at the unicorn! ;)

13. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Depends on the severity of it.

If I have an opinion I express torn to shreds in a nasty way, i may well lay in bed thinking about it, pondering over the merits of their arguement, thinking about whether I am wrong or not.

Similarly if somebody says something that hits a bit close t home, I will take it personally, though I may not make an issue of it online.

Then again if some random calls me an asshat, I'll just ignore them and keep going with my life.

It really depends on how close to home what they say is, and how nasty they are about it.

14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

15. kamikazee_club

kamikazee_club New Member

Being dissed?

Online: Couldn't give a Tinkers Cuss.

IRL: Depends, but for the most part not much (or often no) more.

Neither mean I won't respond but there's a difference between responding and caring.:cool:

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hear, hear!

It doesn't happen much in real life though, because then people know you pretty well, and know where you're coming from. Online, people who don't know you at all are judging you based on text, without the benefit of knowing you as a person, or seeing your facial expressions or hearing your voice inflections. It's hard to communicate exactly what you would say face to face.

I don't give a rats ass if someone disses me online though. I respond to amuse myself.

17. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

How much are rat booties selling for down at the local taxidermy shop? I might be tempted to mail a couple of people one.

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

I think they're free, if you're willing to hang out at the local restaurant's dumpsters.:wink:

Finding home addresses is another matter entirely.

19. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

It hurts once or twice someone being rude or nasty or hurtfull. After that i say bring in on mother fucker. I welcome it............:smile: :wink:

20. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Unless I know and respect you, I take anything you say with a grain of salt. I could care less what people online say about me. They aren't worth my time.

Draft saved Draft deleted