How Playboy and the media have sold out the natural woman

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is very distressing to me as a male, born in 1971, and following on from the shaved bush thread, it is becoming more and more upsetting to me the image of women that is portrayed as being the new standard of attractive.

For 20 years or so, the fashion industry has been selling out and attacking curvier women in favor of skeletal women, but Playboy to me, at least until the 90s, was always the arbiter of more "natural" beauty, at least as personified by the curvier, healthier american (and european) woman (and thin back then, would have been considered too heavy by the fashion industry.

so to see Playboy, evolve from the 90s to now, to where this phony, airbrushed, silicone enhanced, shaven thing is supposed to be telling men and women what is attractive, really saddens me.

Take a look at this web page, you can look at every single playmate back through the 60s...

yesterday, I had a great time looking at all the women from the 70s and 80s who i grew up worshipping...you NEVER (or rarely ever) saw implant in Playboy pre-1990...

now, I need your help...please take the time, if you have it...to examine a pic or two of each playmate from 1990-2007 (that should about 204 playmates)...and help me judge the breast implants...

I have examined 2007 and 2006 and I have already come up with approximately 10 with implants out of 24!!!!

This makes me so sad.

please take a look at your leisure, because i would like to formulate a rough list, by name/month/year, of those who had implants, and the ratio etc...since i think this would make a very interesting subject to discuss (and certainly to raise, since i think it is terrible)

Playmates

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My count so far (estimates...please help/add opinion)

2006............................OPINION
Kia Drayton.....................Fake
Kia Drayton in impermeabile

Sarah Elizabeth.............Fake
abito lungo Sarah Elizabeth

Jordan Monroe..............Maybe Fake
Jordan Monroe in abito da sera
Jordan Monroe in vestito corto
scarpe di Jordan Monroe

Janine Habeck..............Maybe Fake
Janine Habeck in minigonna

Nicole Voss...................Real
Nicole Voss in scarpe da tennis

Sara Jean Underwood....Don't know
galleria immagini di Sara Jean Underwood
fotografie di Sara Jean Underwood
sexy photogallery Sara Jean Underwood
fotografie di Sara Jean Underwood
galleria fotografica di Sara Jean Underwood

Stephanie Larimore..........Fake
Stephanie Larimore in abito da sera
Stephanie Larimore in pantaloncini

Alison Waite....................Fake
gambe di Alison Waite
Alison Waite senza reggiseno

Holley Ann Dorrough........Real
Holley Ann Dorrough in mutandine sexy

Monica Leigh................Fake
Monica Leigh suprmodel
lingerie di Monica Leigh

Cassandra Lynn...........Fake
gambe di Cassandra Lynn

Athena Lundberg...........Real
Athena Lundberg a piedi nudi

HOw sad is that?

At the moment, my guess is 6 fake, 3 real, and 3 not sure.

:mad:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
looking at these, i find the playmates of the 60s to be much more appealing than the current ones. the ones in the 60s are much more voluptuous, more natural looking, and not photoshopped half to death so they look like realdolls.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
::head perks:: Did someone say REALDOLLS?

Yeah the faces of playmates are always beautiful but the bodies arent matching up anymore. I long to see just one person without the perfect strip (like the beard dye box picture) or shaved.

I had a shaved muff for about 12 years and i used to be upset that back in the 90's i didnt see much in the way of shaved. Now that i have a yellow brillo....like no one sports a bush anymore WTF? Im always behind the trends.

snevets

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Did you catch the muffs on some of the chicks from the 70's and 80's!?

I'm 23 and not from that era and have never been with a girl who has a full blown muff. I am grossed out by some but others look pretty hot. I wouldn't mind diving into one of those and eating for a while.

Why is it that tan lines, both lower and upper, were so popular back then as opposed to now?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
looking at these, i find the playmates of the 60s to be much more appealing than the current ones. the ones in the 60s are much more voluptuous, more natural looking, and not photoshopped half to death so they look like realdolls.

exactly...compare these three pictures...which looks more beautiful? MOre Natural? More special cause it is not airbrushed, because it is a natural woman and a natural state of photography

gambe di Athena Lundberg

Julie McCullough a piedi nudi

Pamela Saunders biography

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
::head perks:: Did someone say REALDOLLS?

Yeah the faces of playmates are always beautiful but the bodies arent matching up anymore. I long to see just one person without the perfect strip (like the beard dye box picture) or shaved.

I had a shaved muff for about 12 years and i used to be upset that back in the 90's i didnt see much in the way of shaved. Now that i have a yellow brillo....like no one sports a bush anymore WTF? Im always behind the trends.

actually there are a couple here and there fortuantely...here is nNicole Voss from 2006

Nicole Voss in camicia da notte

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did you catch the muffs on some of the chicks from the 70's and 80's!?

I'm 23 and not from that era and have never been with a girl who has a full blown muff. I am grossed out by some but others look pretty hot. I wouldn't mind diving into one of those and eating for a while.

Why is it that tan lines, both lower and upper, were so popular back then as opposed to now?

because there weren't fake tanning places back then, thongs were not popularized yet either

I love tan lines, and i miss them, just like i miss all the other great stuff, pre-1995 or so.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's amazing - today's Playboy girls are so heavily airbrushed, they don't even look real. And a lot of them look so much the same, too... I do admit though that the 70s-80s up to the early-to-mid 90s girls look much more natural, before Playboy really had the capabilities and ease to touch up the photos to that extent, but the overgrown bushes on some of those girls from back then, yecchhh... looks like they're smuggling a dead animal between their legs. :eek:

snevets

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OK, so what is your favorite muff color?

black
brown
blonde
white
red
sandy blonde

??????

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WTF those pubic hairs look drawn on with a thin sharpie marker. I think they groom them too much.

I agree...the ones that do have it, are trimmed very short and look like they also have been flattened down, with some type of styling gel or something...

seriously, if you examine that web page i listed in the first post, you can see it happen, from about 1988, you see a marked change in the photos...like it became policy, that the "V" would remain, but it must be trimmed...things stayed that way through the mid-90s, when the landing strips began to appear, and then later to bald.

it is weird to see such a perfect illustration of the evolution of the "societal shift" in what is being "pushed" or "promoted" as to what something should look like.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Some of the bush is a little heavy but i'd rather a Playmate stand out in my mind is a bushy beaver than all shaved and toddler looking. Anyone ever seen Death Becomes Her? Where Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn compete for immortality and they end up spraying on their skin to make it look better as it ages? All the new playmates look like they really have been painted with a can of New Skin to look flawless.

My photographer removes flaws in the photographs he takes of his models but never slims them up, whiten their teeth or airbrushes them in anyway. At most i will get some acne airbushed away and my c-section scar if its visible. I'd be pissed to open up Play Boy and see how plastic they've made me!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
OK, so what is your favorite muff color?

black
brown
blonde
white
red
sandy blonde

??????

Brown
Red
Sandy Blonde and Blonde are my faves because they are a rare treat! I google for red & blonde bushes all the time and im not able to find much. I was always insecure about being a firecrotch and i think the ridicule was because most people had no fucking idea what we look like down there. Flashy, can you find me some pics? Youre the LinkMaster!

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

......................................OPINION
Sasckya Porto..................Fake
fotografie di Sasckya Porto
fotografie di Sasckya Porto
Sasckya Porto picture gallery

Lindsay Wagner...............Probably Fake
Lindsay Wagner nude pictures
Lindsay Wagner picture gallery
Lindsay Wagner photo gallery

Spencer Scott...................Fake
Spencer Scott in sandali sexy
Spencer Scott naked pics
Spencer Scott free images
galleria fotografica di Spencer Scott

Patrice Hollis....................Real
Patrice Hollis naked
fotografie sexy di Patrice Hollis
Patrice Hollis tutta nuda

Tamara Sky......................Fake
thumbnais gallery Tamara Sky

Tiffany Selby....................Fake
Tiffany-Selby02

Brittany Binger..................Not Sure
Brittany Binger naked pics
Brittany Binger in gonna con spacco
Brittany Binger topless gallery
hot legs Brittany Binger
Brittany Binger in camicia da notte

Shannon James...............Real (but who the hell knows at this point!)
hot free images Shannon James
sexy photogallery Shannon James
Shannon James naked pics

Giuliana Marino...............Real
Giuliana Marino in minigonna
Giuliana Marino picture gallery

Taryn Richard................Fake
sexy photogallery Taryn Richard
playboy images gallery Taryn Richard
Taryn Richard hot legs

Heather Rene Smith........Fake
gambe di Heather Rene Smith

Jayde Nicole...................Maybe Fake
tacchi a spillo di Jayde Nicole
fotografie di Jayde Nicole
Jayde Nicole picture gallery
Jayde Nicole in tanga

How Depressing is that?

This is Playboy...

another 6 Fake, 3 Real, and 3 on the Fence

so in 24 months through 2006 and 2007, of 24 playmates...these were the numbers

12 Fake
6 Real
6 On the Fence

terrible

:mad:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some of the bush is a little heavy but i'd rather a Playmate stand out in my mind is a bushy beaver than all shaved and toddler looking. Anyone ever seen Death Becomes Her? Where Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn compete for immortality and they end up spraying on their skin to make it look better as it ages? All the new playmates look like they really have been painted with a can of New Skin to look flawless.

My photographer removes flaws in the photographs he takes of his models but never slims them up, whiten their teeth or airbrushes them in anyway. At most i will get some acne airbushed away and my c-section scar if its visible. I'd be pissed to open up Play Boy and see how plastic they've made me!

there are ways to photoshop/airbrush that leave the texture of the skin and still give a soft glow. i am far from a masterful photoshop retoucher, but one of the men i work with has taught me a lot towards becoming one. though i think occasionally he overdoes it, for the most part he's good at making people look good but still like themselves. unfortunately, the camera and lighting can be very harsh to people, especially skin and teeth. i've seen people who look lovely in person look awful in photos just because of the nature of photography. it's hard to capture how someone really looks in a fraction of a second shot with lighting that reveals everything. most skin requires a little smoothing and most teeth a little whitening. i've made double chins, big noses, rolls of fat, etc. lesser, but i never completely change the way someone looks. photoshop is a wonderful tool, but it's making our expectations of what people should look like even more unrealistic. i'm hoping that eventually photographers and art directors will tire of that plastic look and dial back on the photoshop a bit. just because the technology exists to make someone look "perfect" doesn't mean you have to use it.

D_Steve_Blough_Jobs

Account Disabled
Media
Flashy,
What a great thread. I agree with you whole heartedly. I am all for women wanting to improve themselves but there is nothing to me more sexy than a natural woman with natural curves and at least some hair between her legs. I am not talking sascrotch here but at least knowing you are with a woman and not a young girl. I'm sure there are men in here that disagree and women for that matter. I think there are women in here that prefer their men to have hair and those who don't like it at all as well
Just personal preference.
CJ