How rude is it to ask a guy how big his dick is?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fully clothed, would you be offended or taken aback if someone you don't know very well asked you point blank how big your dick is? How would you respond if asked?
I think it's very rude, but then again I seem to be the site prude; and I don't own a penis so my answer may not matter anyway. :tongue:

Is it my imagination or is this something that gay and bi men ask each other quite a bit? :confused: Cause a truly straight guy I don't think would care what his buddy was packing. He darn sure wouldn't be asking a stranger such a question.

Not only is it rude, but I would also say that it is potentially dangerous. If you get some loose cannon homophobic maniac, such a question could find the asker in the midst of a shit storm of lefts and rights.
Good Point!

I'm very content with my size (in girth anyway), so it wouldn't bother me in the least to be asked, so long as it was from a female that was poundable. Since most people are hung up on numbers though, and few would properly associate those numbers visually with the correct size, I wouldn't quote the actual numbers. My response to her would more or less be "there's only one way you're going to find out :wink:"
See and I think any female that would ask a complete stranger that is a ho and not worth pounding.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The question is beyond rude. I've been asked it before and I just shake it off with some kind of smart ass response. I don't know why people think they can ask those kind of questions. There have been times when people have made comments about being able to see it in my pants and that they know it's huge. I think that there are many people who don't know that there are some lines that don't need to be crossed in polite company.

On here, it's a totally different story. For the most part, we are anonymous, friends, co-workers and family are not in earshot, so I'm not as worried.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've asked guys that...but only ones that I knew. The only time I'd ask a stranger that is if we were going to hook up and never in person.

It's random to just blurt a question like that out without any sort of transition into sexual conversation.

Even if it does transition, it never hurts to preface that question with "Do you mind if I ask..." If he says no then that's that, but I've found that some guys appreciate the courteousness and might be truthful.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In my callow and (not)misspent youth tending bar I often wore a button that said, in the imperative, "Show me your penis." I was always happy when someone volunteered, drunk or sober, to whip it out and show me their goods. During those same years I had a famous reputation for being more than just well-endowed. When someone asked me to show them my dick or asked how big it was, I told them they had to show me their penis first. If I liked what I saw, and I liked them, I'd guide their hand down inside my Levis and let them decide for themselves.

Now I'm just sort of an invisible white guy in a Latino world. No one has bothered to outright ask to see my tool in many years. If they did, I'd ask them to show me their equipment first. Again, if I liked them and I liked their equipment I'd be more than happy to guide their hand down inside my shorts if they wanted. However, in spite of being invisible when fully clothed, I still receive a lot of attention when I go to a gay sauna here in BsAs or lounge about naked on the beaches in Brazil or Spain.

But I'm a self effacing admittedly oversexed whore. When a cranky ultra religious distant neighbor had to arrange to pick up stray cattle with his brand that had trampled down some of my fencing and muddied an ice cold fresh water pond full of captive trout, he grumbled "You must think you're pretty big around here." He was writing me a check to pay for property damages and $25 a head per day for his cattle I'd kept corraled until the local sheriff convinced him to "go pay the man (me) or go to court." While he was otherwise preoccupied with his huffy self of entitlement I undid my Levis and whipped out my cock. Holding it out in front of him I answered, "Yeah, I know I'm pretty big around here." Disgusted, (and definitely unsettled), he threw down the check and drove off.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCbear

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Fully clothed, would you be offended or taken aback if someone you don't know very well asked you point blank how big your dick is? How would you respond if asked?

Depends on who and where. Nice young, beautiful chick = always. Cougar = probably unless she was overweight and coyote ugly. Muscular dude in the gym = probably and then I'd show him (definitely if he was younger and real cute). Any other guy = would have to weigh all the other factors in a couple of milliseconds in my mind before answering.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Option 1:

Rude peeps. Church peeps. Peeps that I am not interested in.

"My penis is tiny. It is the material in my boxer shorts that make it poof up like that in my pants.

And if they ask: "Can I see it?"

They'll get a :hitwithrock:,:AR15firing:and motherfuckin':banned:.

Option 2:

Peeps that I know and am comfortable around. Inquisitive friends.

"My penis is above-average."

And if they ask: "Can I see it?"

It depends on how I feel. How good the friendship would be like: Would this person still be a friend to me? If I feel that the friendship would be affected then I won't even show them.

Option 3:

Peeps that there is some sexual chemistry.

(They will not have to ask...they will know. It will be noticeable. They'll see a VPL.)

They are going to want to touch it. And if the time and place are appropriate, there will be enough fingerprints and DNA left behind for a couple CSI shows. :eek:

LMX

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
why would i be offended by someone asking that?

i'd probably give him/her a very strange look and say "i'm not telling you" or "that's none of your business" and walk away.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
*mourns not having a penis to show midlifebear*

Pointed questions are frequently considered rude. But is it more rude to ask up front or to bail upon the reveal?

Yup, I agree. Pointed questions are often considered rude. In the Inter Mountain West culture in which I grew up, it's quite common for sweet spirits who should know better to immediately ask, "Where'd you get it and how much did it cost?" when you drive home in a new automobile. Of course, the same questions are adjusted accordingly when you buy a new home, change jobs, sell property, make the mistake of buying a Bayliner boat that sleeps six and keeping it stored under a canvass tarp in the driveway.

That's just the way they are.

As for bailing on the reveal, something I learned living among porteños, which is what citizens of Buenos Aires call themselves, is that if you're up front about how you feel everyone knows where you stand. This applies to simply liking or disliking someone. Being happy or angry. There's very little gray area for misinterpretation. I sort of like it. For example, my mother-in-law told me directly that she didn't like me, not just because I'm a "shankee", but because she always thought her son could do better. She still doesn't like me. That's that. But she doesn't hate me. We get along just fine because we respect each other's harsh frankness. A man I chased after when I first arrived in Buenos Aires many years ago told me that my penis was too big and he didn't like men with big penises. It's true. He doesn't (sexually). However, he's subsequently become a very good friend. If nothing else, you usually know where you stand with a porteño. If they like you, they like you. If they don't, they don't. But it's uncharacteristic of them to hold a grudge and cut you out of their lives. It's like "So, what if I don't like you? You like beer, don't you? Here, have a beer."

Down here I've had plenty of men bail on me once they saw the goods. Point of fact, I would bail, too. I'm not as fascinated as I probably should be with big dicks.

Odd, I know. They are so unlike any other South American culture. I think it has something to do with the 10,000,000+ southern Italian immigrants who now genetically dominate a population of only 48,000,000 (more or less).

Aplus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
*mourns not having a penis to show midlifebear*

Pointed questions are frequently considered rude. But is it more rude to ask up front or to bail upon the reveal?

I'd say it's rude to ask, but even ruder to bail after the reveal.

I have sort of thought about it and even pondered it since joining this site. When it comes to people who have special or unflinching needs, preferred needs, or even fetishes that must be met, I think being upfront before the reveal is probably essential. Given a choice, I'd much rather be offended then humiliated. Watching someone simply go-through-the-motions isn't a preferred option either. Although I suppose it wouldn't necessarily or always be easy for the other person either.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd be horrified. What kind of question is that to ask?

Anyways, I'm more of a shy guy who only reveals personal stuff to people he trusts.

Now that i think about it, I'm not sure i could even ask any of my friends that question. I'm really good friends with my roommate but i can't even imagine asking him something like that without screwing things up between us.

Mark_UK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If someone came up to me in the street and asked me out of the blue then I would probably be very offended, friends have asked me and Ive shown them.

Mark_UK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As a cyclist I am used to hanging around with a lot of guys in tight lycra so you do get used to being around people with everything on show and after a while you just don't think about it as nobody ever says anything.
It prolly sounds very homoerotic but in a race after 60 miles of balls out,maximum heart rate screaming agony effort the last thing you ever want to see again is some guys lycra clad arse.

Last edited:

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
. . . . It prolly sounds very homoerotic but in a race after 60 miles of balls out,maximum heart rate screaming agony effort the last thing you ever want to see again is some guys lycra clad arse.

Well . . . .

Let's just say "it depends on the arse."

NCbear (who wonders whether it's politically correct to say "butt pirate" on this family-rated show :biggrin1::cool:)