How safe is M2M kissing?

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How risky is male-to-male kissing on the mouth?

It could be either closed-mouth with lips only or open-mouth with tongues. How safe are both types of kissing?

Could dangerous germs like cold germs or even AIDS germs be transmitted that way (especially when kissing with tongues)? Also, what if one of the men is a heavy smoker and the other is a non-smoker? Does that fact increase the risk of possible disease transfer through kissing?

This is a serious inquiry. It would be nice if someone with a medical background could respond--as well as anyone else, of course. Thanks!

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly as safe as any other type of kissing - what on earth makes you think that male to male kissing is any different?

And no. You aren't going to get HIV transmission through kissing. Nor swimming in the same pool, using the same bathroom, drinking from the same cup... May I suggest a little research?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exactly as safe as any other type of kissing - what on earth makes you think that male to male kissing is any different?

And no. You aren't going to get HIV transmission through kissing. Nor swimming in the same pool, using the same bathroom, drinking from the same cup... May I suggest a little research?
Precisely. M2M kissing is no riskier or safer than M2F or F2F kissing. You cannot catch any smoking-related diseases by kissing. Most bacterial and some viral infections can be passed on by kissing.

The website for the Centers for Disease Control has lots of good information. It would be a good start.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The most comprehensive and up-to-date info is on AIDSmeds.com, recently bought by Poz Magazine. I have been a member for over two years.

BTW- HIV is a virus, not a "germ". And saliva is not infectious.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here is a good page on how HIV is transmitted and how it's not transmitted.

stophiv.com - How HIV Is and Isn't Transmitted

Actually, I'm not impressed. It lists oral sex (with no qualifiers) as a risky behavior.

Getting a blowjob is completely non-risk, as is cunnilingus. There is a very remote chance that, with terrible oral hygene and a bucket of infected blood/cum that being infected by giving a blowjob is a risk.

But a 10+ year study in Spain following serodiscordant couples who wrapped for anal but not oral showed not a single conversion. I go out on a limb and say giving oral is essentially risk free, barring trauma to the mouth.

B_cyrus

Just Browsing
Media
M2M kissing is extremely dangerous. Everyone's saliva is sufficiently acidic to help kill off many types of bacteria and viruses. When a man kisses a woman, a woman kisses a woman, or a man or woman kisses a dog, cat, horse, cow, goat or any other creature in some sort of freaky interspecies action, the saliva stays intact. However, when two males kiss their saliva undergoes a chemical reaction that turns the mouths of the kissers into breeding grounds for the AIDS germs, which of course all men who kiss other men have. Barebacking has nothing on unprotected MM liplocking. Go get tested now. You're probably dying as we speak.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
M2M kissing is extremely dangerous. Everyone's saliva is sufficiently acidic to help kill off many types of bacteria and viruses. When a man kisses a woman, a woman kisses a woman, or a man or woman kisses a dog, cat, horse, cow, goat or any other creature in some sort of freaky interspecies action, the saliva stays intact. However, when two males kiss their saliva undergoes a chemical reaction that turns the mouths of the kissers into breeding grounds for the AIDS germs, which of course all men who kiss other men have. Barebacking has nothing on unprotected MM liplocking. Go get tested now. You're probably dying as we speak.

So new, and yet so sarcastic.

:fart:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cold and flu viruses can be passed on by kissing.

Herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1), the one that causes cold sores, definitely gets passed on by kissing. It is much more likely when a cold sore is present, but still possible at other times. They say a very high percent of people (50 to 80% in USA) already carry the virus. Most of them get it in childhood from relatives kissing them. Not everyone who carries HSV-1 gets cold sores. You can get a blood test to see if you have antibodies to HSV-1 indicating that you have already been exposed in the past.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ahaahahaha!!!

sarcasm, right? :biggrin1:

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It amazes me, that here in 2007 people are still asking about the safty of kissing. I can understand if was asked by someone in a third world country, where risk factors are not taught. To ask such a question and live here in the UNITED STATES is mindboggling in itself.

:eek:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It amazes me, that here in 2007 people are still asking about the safty of kissing. I can understand if was asked by someone in a third world country, where risk factors are not taught. To ask such a question and live here in the UNITED STATES is mindboggling in itself.

:eek:
BBB, that's exactly why I tend to get so pedantic in the health & safety type of threads. And there are usually 4 or 5 who flame me, because "everyone already knows that." But the point is, everyone should know it, but everyone doesn't know it. Basic human anatomy and health & safety is just simply not understood by a frighteningly HUGE segment of the population.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BBB, that's exactly why I tend to get so pedantic in the health & safety type of threads. And there are usually 4 or 5 who flame me, because "everyone already knows that." But the point is, everyone should know it, but everyone doesn't know it. Basic human anatomy and health & safety is just simply not understood by a frighteningly HUGE segment of the population.

Something here that you and I are *entirely* in agreement on :)

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Agree completely. I'm always amazed by those stories of some woman giving birth, saying, "Wow, I didn't even know I was pregnant!" How exactly do you miss that for 9 months?

You hear all the time about people who won't be in the same room as someone with HIV/AIDS.

The mind boggles.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Agree completely. I'm always amazed by those stories of some woman giving birth, saying, "Wow, I didn't even know I was pregnant!" How exactly do you miss that for 9 months?
some women show no signs, carry on having periods, barely change shape.

don't label them all morons.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Something here that you and I are *entirely* in agreement on :)
Really, I'm not such a bad guy!:biggrin1:

You hear all the time about people who won't be in the same room as someone with HIV/AIDS.

The mind boggles.
Well, the ones that amaze me more are the ones who post things like
"Will my big cock stretch her out so that she can't have sex with an average guy again?
"I'm so big I was fucking her in her cervix..."
"Do guys with big dicks shoot bigger loads?"
"Is kissing a man more of a health risk than kissing a woman?"
"I won't get HIV if I pull out before I cum, will I?"
"I'm worried that if he shoots in my ass, I'll get pregnant."
"Will anabolic steroids make my dick bigger?"
"Being circumcised is better protection against HIV than using a condom."

Those kinds of posts are the ones that boggle my mind...

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the only way to contract HIV and AIDS is through sexual contacts with, and through the blood of an infected person.

Somtimes ignorance is not bliss, the easiest way to access most of the info the world has to offer, and he uses the net to post this shit!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the only way to contract HIV and AIDS is through sexual contacts with, and through the blood of an infected person.
Why do people post stuff like this? To try to get me on another pedantic rant?
Somtimes ignorance is not bliss, the easiest way to access most of the info the world has to offer, and he uses the net to post this shit!
Who?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Part of the problem is that, in our third decade of living with HIV in our society, people still get squeamish about how it's transmitted. So here goes:

HIV is transmitted primarily through unprotected anal or vaginal fucking with an individual infected with the virus. Use a condom and water soluble lube and you'll be fine for these activities.

People are not risky. Activities are risky.

Oral sex is essentially a no-risk activity, barring terrible periodontal disease or other oral traumas, and then only for the person giving the blowjob. Those on the getting end are safe from exposure to HIV, as is anyone engaging cunnilingus or analingus (although there is a risk for other STDs and parasites hardier than HIV). I would urge anyone uncomfortable with sucking cock raw to insist on covering it for their own peace of mind, not because science has proven a link between HIV and blowjobs.

HIV can also be transmitted when IV drug users share their works with an infected person.

In some cases (but by no means all), HIV can be passed from mother to fetus, especially during birth trauma or during nursing.

Managing the risk/reward mix of sexual pleasure is an individual thing, with each person weighing their risks for themselves. The only person responsible for your sexual health is you, and the only way to make reasonable decisions is to educate yourself with the latest and most bias-neutral scientifically verified, peer-reviewed data available.