How Scared Are You?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We all know the world is a dangerous place and getting more and more dangerous each day, how do you let this affect your day to day life? Personally I'm probably a bit foolhardy, I'll take long walks alone at night, forget to lock my doors, give out information to strangers, but I'd rather be a little unguarded than spend all my life waiting for something bad to happen, dangerous as the world is the odds are still that you'll be ok, so I prefer to play the odds rather than spend my time worrying.

Don't go thinking I'm all brave and super heroic, I actually cry with fear if a daddy long legs or false teeth come near me :)

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not nearly enough to stop me from doing what I want. Fear is useful in small amounts. In large amounts, it's paralyzing. I've been physically and mentally paralyzed in the past, and I personally find any form of paralysis worse than taking the risk and having fun.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm scared and getting more so all the time. I keep my doors locked when I'm home (or away). I lock my car doors when I'm driving. I don't give out much info to strangers. Some days I'd like to hide under the bed...

JennyS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah yeah, I know I'm paranoid :p

I'd say I'm more overly cautious about online interactions than I am about real-life.

In particular, what you say online sits out there, forever. It feels too easy for something to come back and bite you in the ass later (compared to RL interactions).

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In particular, what you say online sits out there, forever. It feels too easy for something to come back and bite you in the ass later (compared to RL interactions).

This isn't fear... this is uncommon intelligence. So many people out there treat whatever corner of the internet they inhabit as something personal and private. Few things could be further from the truth. Posting blogs on myspace is less like writing in your diary than it is like writing your thoughts on a huge billboard next to the busiest highway in the country. It's definitely a good thing to be a conscientious and responsible contributor to the online world. It's all public record.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We all know the world is a dangerous place and getting more and more dangerous each day, how do you let this affect your day to day life? Not nearly as much as I should. I tend to be kind of oblivious. Personally I'm probably a bit foolhardy, I'll take long walks alone at night, forget to lock my doors, give out information to strangers, but I'd rather be a little unguarded than spend all my life waiting for something bad to happen, dangerous as the world is the odds are still that you'll be ok, so I prefer to play the odds rather than spend my time worrying. I don't even think of it as playing odds, I honestly live in a bit of a bubble. :smile:

Don't go thinking I'm all brave and super heroic, I actually cry with fear if a daddy long legs or false teeth come near me :)
False teeth scare you?

I'm not scared of much of anything. We've all got to die some day.
If I were a 6'6" male I doubt I'd be scared of anything either. :tongue:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dad used to tease us with his false teeth when we were little, he was in an accident shortly before he and my mum married and in those days if teeth were knocked out the only option was false ones. He used to take them out and make biting motions at us with them, and leave them in glasses hanging around.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dad used to tease us with his false teeth when we were little, he was in an accident shortly before he and my mum married and in those days if teeth were knocked out the only option was false ones. He used to take them out and make biting motions at us with them, and leave them in glasses hanging around.
I had a friend who used to take out his glass eye to scare me...it never worked though, I just felt bad for him to have gone through the experience which made him lose his eye.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Living in the southern part of the u.s.a. the one thing i fear is the brown recluse spider, they`re very small and the bite will rott out your flesh.

lafever

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Living in the southern part of the u.s.a. the one thing i fear is the brown recluse spider, they`re very small and the bite will rott out your flesh.

lafever

I know someone that just got bitten by one of those last month...they had to amputate her arm and still weren't sure she'd survive. Thank God, she did.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm with NIC. What is being scared going to accomplish?

I still remember what a big bust Y2K was. Even if the end of the world is approaching, stressing will probably get you dead a lot faster. Death doesn't scare me very much, but suffering does. I'm scared of suffering and not being able to do anything about it. Like being tortured. I'm scared of that. Not likely though.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I know someone that just got bitten by one of those last month...they had to amputate her arm and still weren't sure she'd survive. Thank God, she did.
That's the worst I've ever heard of. I thought usually you just ended up with a big scar. I know a gal with a huge scar on her arm from a rattlesnake bite. I think her arm still works okay, it's just ugly and I'm sure she fields a lot of questions about it.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I`ve been told by a friend that australia has an ant called the jack jumper(jumping jack) that is very agressive and the bite from just one of them can kill you.

lafever

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, some of the previous posts can explain why a lot of people are scared of creepy-crawlies! Yeah, if they can kill me I'd be scared of them too! :eek:

I am cautious when it comes to meeting someone from online/personals. Too many psychos out there!

And on Myspace, there are different privacy settings you can use. I use them! The really personal stuff is ONLY seen by my preferred list. Some stuff (dealing with job search, etc.) is only seen by my friends (not all my friends are on my preferred list - very few of them are). The only blogs I do that are public are ones that deal with music, movies, TV, that sort of thing.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Drunk drivers, distracted drivers or road ragers make my hair turn white. Few people really understand how much damage thousands of pounds of metal moving at highway speeds can inflict.

Mob mentality is another. I've seen it a few times and its frightening. Mob mentality is like fire. Once ignition occurs it can take on a life of its own and then anything is possible. It can consume everything in its path.

Religious zealots and political extremists. Once convinced that something is evil, they're capable of any atrocity.

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never needed to give out any info while my old next-door-neighbour was still living here, she'd happily tell complete strangers that I was out at work all day...duh!
Spiders freak me out, cant abide them but one has to learn to deal with them if one lives alone.
The only other thing really is going ga-ga in my old age...

Interesting about the dentures - if I'm walking home late & feeling slightly wary, I take mine out! I figure it'll make me a less attractive target...