How scary is election day going to be this year?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You would think that someone who goes on and on about how "informed" he is would have watched, "went out of his way" to watched but oh no.

He basically repeated his same old same old about how it would be this great thing if we could "work together" and how he thinks he will be able to because Putin who has been getting over on Obama and Clinton for years and years will not be able to get over on him.

It is totally counter-intuitive logic if Putin so owns Clinton and will keep owning her then he would be doing all he can to get her elected and no one with 2 working brain cells could say he is.

BTW how many times have you ever been to Russia ?

Let me know when it is more than 3 !!

Her chances of getting them pushed through congress are one thing, but Clinton voiced real plans. Trump's answers were fantasy land and basically boiled down to "I'll make America great again!"

I hope it doesn't get perceived as sexist to talk about Clinton's outfit, but I thought it was really wise. In the split screen views on television it was reminiscent of a western with her as the law and Trump as the outlaw.

MW-EY255_debate_MG_20161019222220.jpg

The debate moderation was great. My expectations were low with a Fox News host, but I'd say he did the best job out of all three presidential debates.

Last edited:

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I didn't watch the debates either. The NCLS was on.but from what I've heard and read, The words Russia or Putin were the most often mentioned in the presidential and vice-presidential debates. 45 times more often than climate change and far, far more often than race, guns or education.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't watch the debates either. The NCLS was on.but from what I've heard and read, The words Russia or Putin were the most often mentioned in the presidential and vice-presidential debates. 45 times more often than climate change and far, far more often than race, guns or education.

Russia came up only once that I can recall in tonight's debate, during a question directed at Hillary Clinton about the content of some of the leaked emails (and as part of some back and forth between the candidates on that same question, as well as some feedback from the moderator).

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He basically repeated his same old same old about how it would be this great thing if we could "work together" and how he thinks he will be able to because Putin who has been getting over on Obama and Clinton for years and years will not be able to get over on him.

This is how fucking delusional Trump is. Anyone who has been paying attention to world politics and the balance of power knows that Russia has done nothing but lose, lose, lose and then lose some more. Getting their asses kicked in the Crimean War... getting their asses kicked in WWI... almost getting completely destroyed during WWII... the Soviet Union kept Russia from being attacked head on like they were in Crimea, WWI and WWII but other than that, it was a dismal failure.

Then they get lured into Afghanistan and then toyed with (like a cat toys with a mouse) through NATO's arming of the Mujahideen. They have to abandon the Communist regime (that was in power at the time) and leave the country for good.

Then their Serbian allies are bombed to bits in Yugoslavia by an untouchable NATO force

After that they have to fight two humiliating Chechen wars against Wahhabist terrorists (funded by our ally Saudi Arabia)

Then their Russian friendly president gets overthrown in a violent coup in Ukraine. Ukraine sets about de-Russifying their government and the West starts to de-Russify society... the East arms themselves and readies for civil war against an Anti-Russian Kiev government (who subsequently used Neo-Nazi paramilitary militias to violently oppress the Donbass while shelling old ladies who refused to leave the only home they've ever lived in)

Then the Russian friendly government in Syria is under siege from Wahhabist terrorists paired up with Takfiri militants. The country would be destroyed and the West would arm the Takfiri Free Syrian Army (which is really Al-Nusra fighting with some FSA flags and uniformed officers)... Assad knows that he will be tortured, impaled and dismembered like Gaddafi was... his wife might even be raped and burned alive by the Western sponsored Wahhabist terrorists if they succeed in defeating the Syrian Army and it's allies.

Turkey shot down a Russian jet... their allies in the Donetsk region are being charged with allegedly downing a commercial passenger jet with a Russian supplied missile launcher

Russia is repeatedly accused of war crimes in the Western Media...

HOW THE FUCK IS PUTIN WINNING OR GETTING OVER ON OBAMA AND CLINTON?!?!?!?

In reality Russia has lost and lost and lost and keeps losing over and over again!!!! Trump is a delusional fool and needs to shut his fucking mouth and act like he can speak for Putin... he can barely speak for his own campaign... he's a disgrace.

Putin and his allies are the most beleaguered world leaders this planet has ever seen... he is a pariah on the world stage which is why the West thinks it can nuke Russia and nobody will even weep for Russia when they are a smoldering briquet.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Regarding Russian hacking, as per the question above, "Why can't the idea of 'russian hacking' be true?" I think the question speaks to the sensibility of an argument and plain common sense LOGIC, which is to say that given the LONG standing history between the two nations, the U.S. and Russia (formerly U.S.S.R.) and the varying degrees of enmity and espionage between the two, the IDEA that Russia CAN'T be involved in hacking the U.S., or to carry the argument further to its next logical step, that ONLY the U.S. is culpable in these matters - SO defies logic and probability as to border upon the SENSELESS.

Actually what is senseless is assuming that Russia would be dumb enough to jeopardize their precious national security just to influence a fucking American presidential election (via hacking) propelled by sort of sad and naive pipe dream that the GOP would somehow be more favorable to them...

In order for that scenario to be true, the Russians would have to be so stupid that they wouldn't be able to fucking drive a car or read a book... in a country that produces so many chess grandmasters and rocket scientists... THAT doesn't even border on the sensless, it's fucking STUPID beyond belief.

Yet Americans have their heads stuck so far up their own asses, they think they are the smartest people in the world... and that everybody else are drooling imbeciles in comparison (except for the English and Asians)... erroneously assuming Russians have sub 70 IQs comes quite easy to their soft oatmeal-like reality TV addled brains.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Russia came up only once that I can recall in tonight's debate, during a question directed at Hillary Clinton about the content of some of the leaked emails (and as part of some back and forth between the candidates on that same question, as well as some feedback from the moderator).
Cubs beat Dodgers 10-2 lead series 2-1

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
More details out now: http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/ne...cle_605efe4e-95a8-11e6-b480-c31b983a97e4.html

"The alleged activity Harris discovered does not have any connection to the upcoming Nov. 8 election.

In fact, he said, he has not seen any evidence of wrongdoing in any November elections he has looked into.

“This is a springtime offense,” he said, mostly targeting primary and local election voters."

So the group that uncovered this is reporting finding real fraud which has changed the outcome of several elections, but they're indicating small local elections (water board, school boards, shit like that). They didn't find any fraud in the big November elections.

But...

once conservative news outlets pick it up, such as here: http://www.dailywire.com/news/10042/texas-county-investigated-voter-fraud-aaron-bandler# , then they immediately try to paint a picture of Democrat sponsored fraud in Presidential elections (which in turn gets used as fodder for their voter disenfranchisement attempts).

And heeeeeeeere we go.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/tarrant-county-gop-poll-watchers

In response to the GOP email, J. Gerald Hebert, the director of the voting rights and redistricting project at the non-partisan, non-profit group, the Campaign Legal Center, sent a voter discrimination complaint to the Department of Justice on Friday calling for federal election monitors.

"Virtually every precinct in Tarrant County that is 'Democrat-controlled' is a majority-minority precinct," Hebert's complaint noted.

"The vote suppression efforts being made are cloaked in partisan rhetoric but are clearly targeted at Hispanic and African American voters in Tarrant County," the letter said, while noting other "inflammatory" language in the email, like "..buy, steal, and cheat their way to victory...”

The Department of Justice confirmed to TPM it had received the complaint and was reviewing it, but would not comment further.

I haven't seen anything about this yet in the National news cycle, but if it gets to the point where the Feds are getting pulled into it, I would bet that will change.

I mentioned it in another thread, but Tarrant County (which has Fort Worth) is the last/only major metropolitan city in Texas that's still voting Republican so I think it's being treated sort of like a wall in trying to keep the state red (the state is moving more blue over time, influenced particularly by an influx of white collar tech workers).

I live inside Tarrant County in the suburbs. Day to day I can't say I've seen anything crazy, though if you were to look up and down my street, the few houses that have yard signs all have Trump on them (it's only maybe 5% of the houses that have yard signs though)

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So long as certain groups are not standing by to intimidate voters in certain locations

That's my question. Do you think there will be more or less of this than past elections.

The tone of the fraud complaints this year makes me think there will be more.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You haven't figured this out by now? The condescending, sarchastic, sharp tongued, demeaning, BOLD tones, personal attacks . . . My God, he's Trump!!!

Considering this is coming from someone who said changing your name to a black name might get you that promotion,

and who called Obama "divisive" while you stayed MUM (I capitalized that just for you) on all of Trump's divisive s**** - hardly puts YOU in a position to judge ME, I think.

Haven't you something better to do, like watching the polling places for all those fraudulent minority voters for example?

Bluebastard

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You haven't figured this out by now? The condescending, sarchastic, sharp tongued, demeaning, BOLD tones, personal attacks . . . My God, he's Trump!!!

With the sheer amount of information b.c. pushes out theres no way in hell he could be considered trump. Seeing as how trump can't even handle consistently agreeing with his own vp, children or party.

How scary is Election Day going to be this year? So long as certain groups are not standing by to intimidate voters in certain locations, not very.

Now the day after may be a different story.

Yes, i also think the black panther party should watch over election places seeing as how conservatives are literally telling people to get their pitchforks out. Which i might add use to be words and actions synonymous with kkk cross burnings.

Reactions: b.c.

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Considering this is coming from someone who said changing your name to a black name might get you that promotion,

and who called Obama "divisive" while you stayed MUM (I capitalized that just for you) on all of Trump's divisive s**** - hardly puts YOU in a position to judge ME, I think.

Haven't you something better to do, like watching the polling places for all those fraudulent minority voters for example?

Lol. Am I judging you? I think your postings are quite clear for all to see. If I merely point out how you attack, get nasty, pontificate, and get personal whenever someone challenges your views, people can decide for themselves whether I'm out of line and dismiss it, or if I'm on point. Even here, your reply proves the point.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Lol. Am I judging you? I think your postings are quite clear for all to see. If I merely point out how you attack, get nasty, pontificate, and get personal whenever someone challenges your views, people can decide for themselves whether I'm out of line and dismiss it, or if I'm on point. Even here, your reply proves the point.

Need I point out that my original comment (simplified for those unable to follow) was merely that it was highly ILLOGICAL to believe that of TWO countries engaged in decades of espionage, intelligence gathering, spying, enmity, geopolitical moves and counter moves, that only ONE was guilty of all the ABOVE?

That comment was an addendum to those made by Industrialsize and Phonehome regarding the existence of Russian hacking.

After which Boobalaa responded NOT on the merit of the argument, but with a personal attack. Followed by one of your OWN.

So WHO engaged in a personal attacks first??

And yes, I responded in kind, by reminding everyone here of some of the racists, narrow minded, bigoted s********** YOU'VE had to say, like how your company hired a lesbian at the front desk just to be politically correct, according to YOU.

Or how you once posited that data showing racial disparity in the treatment of minority patients was because of the patients' failure to follow up.

As I said before, when you and your crew chime in to attack someone, it's, imo, only FAIR to remind everyone of where YOU'RE coming from.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted15807

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So this is interesting. Apparently, the RNC is already in legal hot water over voter intimidation and has been in the pot for 30 years now.

Donald Trump May Be Violating RNC Consent Decree Aimed at Voter Intimidation

They tried to have this decree lifted in 2013, while Scalia was on the supreme court and there was a conservative majority, but still got shot down.

The decree is set to expire on Dec 1st, 2017, but actions this year on behalf of, and at the behest of Donald Trump can put them at risk of having the decree extended out another 8 years if the DNC renews its complaint.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Our newspaper in Fort Worth, after endorsing Mitt Romney in 2012, is endorsing... not Trump :p

They didn't explicitly endorse Hillary Clinton like Dallas Morning News did, but they have endorsed not voting for Donald Trump: http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/editorials/article109599257.html

Just mentioning because this is the same county where the afforementioned voter fraud accusations are being made. If it goes blue this year, I can already hear the anger.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So WHO engaged in a personal attacks first??

For a guy who has almost everyone he disagrees with on ignore... you STILL manage to make nearly 100% of your posts into arguments... lashing out and clashing with as many members as possible.

Congratulations on becoming the single most combative member of this forum.

You have managed to make me look like a choirboy in comparison.

Chubby_Lover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hrm. Was doing some more reading.

In Texas, poll watchers can not arm themselves with firearms. This is state law, not Federal.

In Pennsylvania, one of the states that Trump is specifically suggesting is engaging in fraud and needs to be monitored by his supporters, they can come to the polls with firearms...

Especially with the way he's carrying on, I'm still worried this is headed to some kind of tragedy on election day (above and beyond the actual selection of our next president)

Actually PA is where in 2008 black panthers were just outside polling places wearing their paramilitary get up and carrying billy clubs to try and scare off white voters... primarily little old ladies who supported McCain.