How should bill cosby be remembered?

A hypothesis is based on some evidence.

Actually, no, not necessarily. In the scientific method, you can form a hypothesis via speculation with some logic and then look to see if there is evidence to support it. If I had the resources I might study Cosby's time line and similar cases of men who drug women for sex. For all I know (let's ask Wally), it could be a way to hide a small penis! (joke!)

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, no, not necessarily. In the scientific method, you can form a hypothesis via speculation with some logic and then look to see if there is evidence to support it. If I had the resources I might study Cosby's time line and similar cases of men who drug women for sex. For all I know (let's ask Wally), it could be a way to hide a small penis! (joke!)

So you admit you're just speculating then. Thanks.

I would be tempted to lie to keep what I thought was a tyrant out of high office. Politics is very motivating.

I see no one wants to consider this, either! I should have said politics CAN BE very motivating.

Many people are convinced that Kavanaugh would outlaw abortion and are, thereby, very motivated against him.

Generalities are no good for determining likelihood of individual guilt or innocence. Specific facts and testimony must be evaluated.

You're coming out of a history of slavery in the USA where white men framed black men and women as subhuman due to facial features like broad noses and that their inferiority was proved out by their "ugliness".

It's not that people will have different opinions of different people's appearances, it's that you as a white man just do not need to be remarking on the appearance of a black man in this day and age unless they've asked you for your critique. You sound like Don Imus.

(Really you don't need to be making unsolicited negative remarks about anyone's appearance, but it's going to add a racism component on top of bad manners when you're making those remarks about black people).

Cosby asked me to remark on his appearance by raping women. Otherwise I would never have mentioned it. I don't think I've ever commented negatively on another Black man's appearance. You are way way off base.

I know you are addicted to demonization and can't control your behavior.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[QUOTE="LloydBaker, post: 7650059, member: 5104"I know you are addicted to demonization and can't control your behavior.[/QUOTE]

I love how any simple heads up about the racist and sexist remarks you make = demonization to you.

You and Brett Kavanaugh should hit the gym sometime.

[QUOTE="LloydBaker, post: 7650059, member: 5104"I know you are addicted to demonization and can't control your behavior.

I love how any simple heads up about the racist and sexist remarks you make = demonization to you.

You and Brett Kavanaugh should hit the gym sometime.[/QUOTE]

There you go again.

[QUOTE="LloydBaker, post: 7650059, member: 5104"I know you are addicted to demonization and can't control your behavior.

You and Brett Kavanaugh should hit the gym sometime.[/QUOTE]

There you go again.

[I love how any simple heads up about the racist and sexist remarks you make = demonization to you.

Saying in my opinion a specific Black man is not good looking is not good looking is not racist. One would have to apply stereotypes to me an assume I thought Black men are inherently no good looking.

Sexist? . . .I must have missed something.

You don't see the similarity? Interesting.

Well, as I said, demonization has taken the place of reasoned argument in the minds of many, especially on the left. Kavanaugh got a dose of it way beyond legitimate suspicions of his behavior. This doesn't mean he's not guilty of mistreating a woman, however, which remains to be seen. Hanging with athletes among whom such behavior is not all that uncommon is not a point in has favor, though not proof of guilt either.

I was athletic when young, but never hung-out socially with the athletic crowd because I didn't like their behavior. Not likely to go to the gym with Kavanaugh

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I am correct! Instead of discussing issues, people more and more resort to demonization.

The issue was "How should Bill Cosby be remembered".

You're the one that brought up the "I think Bill Cosby is ugly and I wonder if that was formative in his decision to become a serial rapist" hypothesis.

If you want to discuss the issues, you're always free to stay a bit more on topic from the outset.

If you want to discuss the issues, you're always free to stay a bit more on topic from the outset.

Understanding how Cosby's mindset arose could be relevant to how he is remembered.

In my view criminals should be incarcerated or executed to protect society from their demonstrated and likely behavior. However, it is possible to consider mitigating factors in deciding how someone is remembered.

I haven't come to any conclusion in this specific case and no one here is interested in such subtle questions.