How stupid can a lesbian be? Really!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ya really think that's what she was going to do if they did find her another licker-sister?

nah.. but I do think that's a big part of why so many Christians selectively hate homosexuals while taking the "what would Jesus do?" approach to so many other "sinners," whilst happily indulging in many other sins themselves they readily ignore. Lesbians just get lumped together with gay males more often than not.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nah.. but I do think that's a big part of why so many Christians selectively hate homosexuals while taking the "what would Jesus do?" approach to so many other "sinners," whilst happily indulging in many other sins themselves they readily ignore. Lesbians just get lumped together with gay males more often than not.
Did you also happen to notice on the website that there are some questionable combinations you can select? Divorced is one. Married but seeking is another. But at least they are hets. Sinning breeders is one thing. At least you can purse your lips at them and say "you've been naughty, but at least you're forgiven." Sinning homos is a different story.

But all that's beside the point. I'm still convinced I wouldn't go to McD's and order a sofa value meal (supersize it, please) and an end-table happy meal. Nor sue them because they refused to serve it to me.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It is said that every cloud has a silver lining.

Chemistry.com has exploited the eHarmony controversy in order to gain more clients:smile::

Excerpt from:

eHarmony peeved at Chemistry.com’s pro-gay ads at Pandagon

"You might have seen the Chemistry.com’s TV ads that poke at online matchmaking service eHarmony’s straight-folks only policy (apparently gay folks don’t have “29 dimensions of compatibility” that hets do):

Guess what? eHarmony’s pissed at being called out for discrimination in the ad and is asking media outlets to stop running Chemistry.com’s ads or for the ads to be altered."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is said that every cloud has a silver lining.

Chemistry.com has exploited the eHarmony controversy in order to gain more clients:smile::

Excerpt from:

eHarmony peeved at Chemistry.com’s pro-gay ads at Pandagon

"You might have seen the Chemistry.com’s TV ads that poke at online matchmaking service eHarmony’s straight-folks only policy (apparently gay folks don’t have “29 dimensions of compatibility” that hets do):

Guess what? eHarmony’s pissed at being called out for discrimination in the ad and is asking media outlets to stop running Chemistry.com’s ads or for the ads to be altered."
Now, this is what I'm talking about. Instead of so many people saying "well, they didn't offer a product she wanted, so her lawsuit is justified to point out that queers got no equivalent service", well, then maybe someone needed to start one. If there really aren't any alternatives, and it's such an in-demand product, go for it. You'll make a fucking goddam trillion dollars - more than if you sued eHarmony.

Now for the good part: If Chemistry.com has paid the media outlet for the ad, and eHarmony is urging that outlet not to run those ads, this is the time for a lawsuit. If I were designing the ad campaign for Chem.com, I wouldn't directly say "eHarmony is discriminating." But I would point out "So, you don't have 29 dimensions. We can still match you in the original 3 dimensions!" Let 'em whine. If they dared to try to block the ads by anything other than direct negotiations with Chem.com, let the lawsuits fly!

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
By filing the lawsuit, the bottom line is that she is trying to legally force a private business to offer her a product that they choose not to provide.There's a slight, but very significant difference here. If a gay person were to register with eHarmony, and request a product that they do offer (meaning a matching service for the other gender), I'm sure they would comply. They just simply did not offer the specific product she was looking for.

On the other hand, the lunch counters you mention were denying service of a product that they did offer, to a specific segment of the population. It's very different to say, "We have ham sandwiches, but we will only serve them to white people, not to black people...

Don't get me wrong, HotBulge, I'm a very outspoken civil rights defender and activist. I just think that her lawsuit was exceptionally poorly chosen, poorly executed, and extremely counterproductive to the equal rights cause.

..Ms Carlson, give it the fuck up. Your lack of brilliance is damaging the rest of us in our quest for equality.

Update: A similar lawsuit against eHarmony brought by Eric McKinley, and before Carlson's case, showed such lawsuits neither to be a poor choice, nor counterproductive to the equal rights cause. For circa July 23, 2007, in the case of McKinley, eHarmony was to be tried for violating New Jersey's law against discrimination. eHarmony chose to settle the matter out of court and agreed to provide a same-sex matching service as part of that settlement. Thus the Carlson case was made moot:

eHarmony settles gay discrimination suit | News Story on 365gay.com

eHarmony to Provide Gay Dating Service After Lawsuit - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com