How to ask a guy out.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me this would be the way that I would ask a guy out, I don't believe I could ever boldly ask one out.

If I can do it, any woman can do it! :biggrin1: I actually have boldly asked men out! Strange, considering how shy I am! I'm not really doing that now, but I have before.

With the guys I know in real life, I'm trying to just be around the ones I'm attracted to and find out more about them before I decide whether I'm really interested in them or not. It could be that I find them physically attractive but their personality includes a deal-breaker that I won't know about unless I'm around them.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay, Meg, here's something that a woman used on me once, quite successfully. You talk to the guy, you ask him about what he likes to do for fun. He is sure to mention concerts or movies or something like that -- events that one attends with other people. When he tells you what kind of thing of that nature he likes, you ask him if there is anything of the kind coming up that he is interested in.

See how it works? At this point, if the guy has any interest in going out with you at all, then, once he has told you that he would like to see such and such, he practically has to ask you out -- unless, of course, it is something that he is seeing with someone else. The neat thing is that, if the trick works, then he is the one who asks you out, so you do not have to take the big risk.

Of course, if he has no interest in going out with you or is socially retarded, he may not take the hint, and if he is miserably shy and lacking in self-confidence, he may see the opportunity and be afraid to take it. But I am pretty low in self-confidence and feeble at asking women out and it worked on me.

*wldhoney takes out pen and notepad and scribbles furiously*

So, calboner......what ARE your interests? :biggrin1:

*note to self.....make sure to send "Notthe7" a copy*

I have never been brave enough to ask a man out. I don't know how you guys do it, but thank you.....:smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*wldhoney takes out pen and notepad and scribbles furiously*

So, calboner......what ARE your interests? :biggrin1:

*note to self.....make sure to send "Notthe7" a copy*

I have never been brave enough to ask a man out. I don't know how you guys do it, but thank you.....:smile:

Well, considering how shy I am, people are shocked to learn that I actually have asked men out! I can be brave at times...

However, in social situations I'm often at a loss for words, and am sometimes afraid to say things because of reactions I've gotten from people before. I'm trying now to focus on things I can say that will not put people off. Of course, I've done that in the past too and still got my head bit off! For example, I couldn't talk about music because the people I was around HATED indie rock and world music, my two favorite genres - and particularly hated world music for racist reasons... and another example is I couldn't even talk about pets because I had a cat and everyone else HATED cats - even to the point that they would go out of their way to kill cats! :eek: Now, I'm not expecting everyone to completely share my tastes or anything, it is just the hostility I was met with for some of this stuff was way out of line.

I'm so glad I now live in an area where I can talk about stuff like that and not be met with hostility. :smile:

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, considering how shy I am, people are shocked to learn that I actually have asked men out! I can be brave at times...

However, in social situations I'm often at a loss for words, and am sometimes afraid to say things because of reactions I've gotten from people before. I'm trying now to focus on things I can say that will not put people off. Of course, I've done that in the past too and still got my head bit off! For example, I couldn't talk about music because the people I was around HATED indie rock and world music, my two favorite genres - and particularly hated world music for racist reasons... and another example is I couldn't even talk about pets because I had a cat and everyone else HATED cats - even to the point that they would go out of their way to kill cats! :eek: Now, I'm not expecting everyone to completely share my tastes or anything, it is just the hostility I was met with for some of this stuff was way out of line.

I'm so glad I now live in an area where I can talk about stuff like that and not be met with hostility. :smile:

That takes a lot of courage, and you should be really proud! :smile:

I can't remember which thread it was, but we having a discussion and you mentioned needing or wanting pictures. Have you ever asked SensualGoth to take some for you?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For example, I couldn't talk about music because the people I was around HATED indie rock and world music, my two favorite genres - and particularly hated world music for racist reasons... and another example is I couldn't even talk about pets because I had a cat and everyone else HATED cats - even to the point that they would go out of their way to kill cats! :eek: Now, I'm not expecting everyone to completely share my tastes or anything, it is just the hostility I was met with for some of this stuff was way out of line.

Some people really suck ass. I'm glad you are in a better area now.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't expect that you would ever need to, if you come across in person the way you do here, and if the loveliness that we see in your pics continues above the neck. (Please don't tell me that you have no head; it would quite spoil my fantasy-image of you.)

As for your OTHER remarks -- well, that is a matter for a PM! :biggrin1:

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I wouldn't expect that you would ever need to, if you come across in person the way you do here, and if the loveliness that we see in your pics continues above the neck. (Please don't tell me that you have no head; it would quite spoil my fantasy-image of you.)

As for your OTHER remarks -- well, that is a matter for a PM! :biggrin1:

:redface: Well, thank you.... And yes, I promise your, I do have a head, and on those occasions where I have managed to pull it out of my a**, I have been told it's quite lovely. But then that's a matter of opinion. :rolleyes:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here's a quick update....

I still haven't asked the guy out yet, but here's what happened Saturday night. I went to the bar, he was working. During trivia, he stopped by the table a few times to help with answers, and sometimes I would stop him as he walked by to ask for help on answers. The format of the trivia involves a 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade question. Before trivia started, he walked by my table, pointed to the spot on the answer sheet for the 1st grade question, smiled at me, and said, "If you don't get THIS one right, I'm gonna have to hurt you." I smiled and said, "If I don't get it right, I think I'm going to have to hurt myself!" He laughed. We bantered a bit like that all night. After his shift ended, he went over and played an arcade game that they have there... some buck hunting thing. I went over and asked him about the game and watched him play for a bit... but either he was too into playing, or too shy because he didn't really say much. After 11pm, the bar puts out free hot dogs wrapped in aluminum foil. I took my foil and made a foil flower out of it, and spritzed a bit of my perfume in it, then put it behind my ear. He came over and sat at the bar right next to our table, and I showed him my flower and had him smell it. :tongue: He just kinda laughed. Then, after the bar shut down, my friend Gina and I hung out in the parking lot talking. The sprinkler system came on, so I ran through the sprinklers and got soaking wet. Wes (my DJ friend) came outside and started loading his equipment into his truck, so we went over to chat a bit. We talked about Chris for a few minutes, and he said that he's having a hard time reading him and isn't sure if he's interested or not. Gina asked Wes if he'd asked Chris if he even liked me. Wes said that he had asked him, but all he did was smile, blush, and walk away. No real answers. Then Chris came out, and the four of us stood around for a half hour or so and talked about whatever. Then we all left and went home. So I talked to Chris more tonight than I have any other night. We seemed to have things in common. While we were standing outside after closing, we had two instances of several cops flying down the road with their lights and sirens blazing. On both occasions, Chris pointed at me and said "She did it!" The fact that he picked on me and no one else tells me something, I think. *shrug* I don't know how to read people, damnit. I guess we'll see what happens NEXT weekend! I'm tired of this. lol.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's a quick update....

I still haven't asked the guy out yet, but here's what happened Saturday night. I went to the bar, he was working. During trivia, he stopped by the table a few times to help with answers, and sometimes I would stop him as he walked by to ask for help on answers. The format of the trivia involves a 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade question. Before trivia started, he walked by my table, pointed to the spot on the answer sheet for the 1st grade question, smiled at me, and said, "If you don't get THIS one right, I'm gonna have to hurt you." I smiled and said, "If I don't get it right, I think I'm going to have to hurt myself!" He laughed. We bantered a bit like that all night. After his shift ended, he went over and played an arcade game that they have there... some buck hunting thing. I went over and asked him about the game and watched him play for a bit... but either he was too into playing, or too shy because he didn't really say much. After 11pm, the bar puts out free hot dogs wrapped in aluminum foil. I took my foil and made a foil flower out of it, and spritzed a bit of my perfume in it, then put it behind my ear. He came over and sat at the bar right next to our table, and I showed him my flower and had him smell it. :tongue: He just kinda laughed. Then, after the bar shut down, my friend Gina and I hung out in the parking lot talking. The sprinkler system came on, so I ran through the sprinklers and got soaking wet. Wes (my DJ friend) came outside and started loading his equipment into his truck, so we went over to chat a bit. We talked about Chris for a few minutes, and he said that he's having a hard time reading him and isn't sure if he's interested or not. Gina asked Wes if he'd asked Chris if he even liked me. Wes said that he had asked him, but all he did was smile, blush, and walk away. No real answers. Then Chris came out, and the four of us stood around for a half hour or so and talked about whatever. Then we all left and went home. So I talked to Chris more tonight than I have any other night. We seemed to have things in common. While we were standing outside after closing, we had two instances of several cops flying down the road with their lights and sirens blazing. On both occasions, Chris pointed at me and said "She did it!" The fact that he picked on me and no one else tells me something, I think. *shrug* I don't know how to read people, damnit. I guess we'll see what happens NEXT weekend! I'm tired of this. lol.

Again, get close to the monitor Meg... You listening....

YOU ARE SO IN!!!!! He digs you, just let it marinate and you'll have him very soon.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

YOU ARE SO IN!!!!! He digs you, just let it marinate and you'll have him very soon.

LOL! You may very well be right... it's the "marinating" part I have issues with. I'm horribly impatient!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I can see why she is confused; I wouldn't know what to think either. :confused: Why is he moving like molasses in January?

D

deleted87637

For God in heaven sake, girlfriend. Ask this guy if he wants to go out. If he says no, I can assure you it won't be the end of the world. If you keep farting around too long you are going to become good buddies. Eventually the thought of going out with him in a date type situation will seem weird because you will know each other too well on another level. Obviously you are attracted to him sexually, and who knows what kind of hidden charm he might have in his drawers!