How To Ask A Straight Male Worker

DownLow427

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My coworker is a straight male. We work in the same department and I’m always flirting with him and at times I catch him flirting back. I’ve been getting these feeling that something more could come out of this. I even joked about hooking up with him and all he does is smile. So my question is, how do I go about asking him for something more?

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
is your coworker aware that you are gay? if so, then i would simply ask him in a sincere way. be humble about it and if it was nothing more than flirtatious play, then don't get butt-hurt about it. he may just be enjoying the attention from you. attention is still attention even from the same sex.

DownLow427

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
is your coworker aware that you are gay? if so, then i would simply ask him in a sincere way. be humble about it and if it was nothing more than flirtatious play, then don't get butt-hurt about it. he may just be enjoying the attention from you. attention is still attention even from the same sex.
Yeah he knows I’m gay. But I don’t make him feel uncomfortable, maybe he is enjoying the attention. It’s a risk I’m willing to take and if nothing comes out of it I would be okay and continue being friends/coworkers.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I was in the design field. 65% of my office ; and associates were gay. Flirtations stared at 8AM and did not end till 4PM. It was harmless for the most part. Yes the playful flirtation went both ways. To my knowledge it was just all a way to cause an occasional smile and make the day pass faster . OP, please do not read too much into it

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Flirting may be okay, but asking a co worker for sex could land a workplace sexual harassment charge against you. In addition, you could lose your job. My advice is keep it in your pants when it comes to the workplace .

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm kinda in the same place right now. I have a co-worker who over the last year I've become very close with. At this point, he is one of my best friends. I would definitely be down to hook up with him, we are really flirty with each other. He has told me how big he is hard. And we've discussed having three ways with each other. I'm actually pretty certain that something could happen. But I really don't want to risk the friendship. I wish he would just make the first move. Everything would be so much easier.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm kinda in the same place right now. I have a co-worker who over the last year I've become very close with. At this point, he is one of my best friends. I would definitely be down to hook up with him, we are really flirty with each other. He has told me how big he is hard. And we've discussed having three ways with each other. I'm actually pretty certain that something could happen. But I really don't want to risk the friendship. I wish he would just make the first move. Everything would be so much easier.

Has it occurred to you that he already has made the first move and he's waiting on you to make the second?

frankemotion

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is kind of cute, I hope you keep us posted lol

But indeed, the people more sensible than I have a good point, you don't want to cross a line in a professional/work environment.

But I think there are still options, like asking him if he wants to get dinner or get a drink in a very sincere way, and maybe based on where you propose going (perhaps not just the nearby happy hour watering hole, but a place that would convey you were actually like *meeting up outside and separate from work*).

Another thing I'd say is, if i were in your shoes (well, I would never have gotten this far b/c im awks), but I imagine it would be good to genuinely approach it with the legit mindset that it's a "shot in the dark" type of thing. I know you intend and feel confident you'd simply resume being friendly coworkers, but it's still possible it opens up a can of awkward things like: him questioning himself and thinking what he thought was platonic fun was actually misleading you, or that even if you don't explicitly or overtly behave differently you're internally crushed and disappointed. You know? things like that.