How to ask out a store clerk?

shyyguy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This seems tough. It's their job to be nice to people so it's probably really easy to confuse friendliness with a vibe.

Anyone have a good strategy on how to ask out a store clerk? Here's my situation:

There's a pizza hut like 1/2 a mile away from my house. Been going there like 2 and 1/2 years on average like once every week or two (I like shitty food haha), she's probably been there like a year maybe a little longer. I just turned 25, she's probably like 21-23. We've had some decent small talk, she's actually told me a couple times that she lives on the street right next to me. I've always had a thing for her and asking her out has always been in the back of my mind but I've recently decided I don't give a shit anymore and I want to do it.

My plan right now is next time I see her:

"You've told me before you live on (streetname) right?"

"Me and my roommates live right there in (neighborhood name), you should come party with your neighbors some time".

Then give her either my number or facebook (which one is better??).

Anyone think that plan will suffice or have any better ideas?

Panthologist

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not an expert, but that sounds fine to me. But you should ask for her number instead, then you can make sure to contact her. If you only give her yours then she might not respond (for whatever reason). Plus usually if someone is interested in you, you can see their reaction when you ask for their number; if it's like "ew creepy" then you can tell, and if it's "yaay he asked me" then you'll know too. I think.

Well at least you're a guy asking out a girl. Trust me it's harder to be a guy interested in another random guy; first you gotta know he's gay and THEN know if he's interested lol. Best of luck!

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ask her if she wants to go out to dinner at Pizza Hut.

Hah!

Seriously though, I wouldn't mention that she said where she lives and you remembered.. that can sound a little stalker-ish. Why not just mention when you have a specific party planned and just invite her?

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wouldn't mention room-mates, or partying with the neighbours. I think that could be mis-construed. Try and make it more personal, a bit more one-to-one.

Tovidious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree that mentioning you know where she lives could sound stalkerish.

Personally, I think it is a lot safer, and smarter, to offer her your number rather then ask for hers. Then, if she is interested she can make the next move and it is not as threatening as asking for hers. Asking for her number could be considered just a little too invasive or scary for her. If she never calls then you know she is not interested but she is not put on the spot of possibly having to refuse to give you her number to your face. If, for some strange reason she loses your number, she can always ask for it the next time you are there.

Another thing is maybe to offer to meet her at a public place for a bite to eat. Some young women are leary about going to a house where they would be with just some other guys.

Just some thoughts.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't know why you just don't ask her out for a coffee or something. Talk things over, tell her that you find her attractive and would she be willing to go out with you sometime. What do you have to lose?

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's bizarre that you should mention Pizza Hut, because my local branch just hired the most delicious delivery boy. Seriously, I opened the door the first time, and I could practically hear the bow-chicka-wow-wow start up in the background. This boy was amazing. I stared into his eyes and fumbled my words and started getting hard just giving him his money.

I called for a pizza again tonight, and it was him again. I was actually shaking I was so nervous. I told him I was nervous that it was him because I had thought he was so gorgeous last time. He seemed surprised but not unpleasantly so - he grinned wide and said "Oh, well... thank you. Enjoy your pizza. Have a great night!" He seemed genuinely flattered and not offended in the least, which was sweet of him.

Of course I have no guarantee he's gay, but I've made my interest clear and hopefully in a non-creepy way, and he knows where I live if he's interested back.

But seriously... I wish I could have taken photos or something. This guy killed me just with his eyes and his smile.

:love::love::love:

shyyguy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stalkerish even when she's mentioned to me multiple times which street she lives on??

She lives literally like less than a mile from me, so I'm trying to go with the get to know your neighbor approach. Seems like it creates more of an opening since it's much less threatening than straight up asking her out.

But maybe I can just leave out mentioning her street and just tell her "to come party with your neighbors some time" and then leave her my # or facebook.

Tovidious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't mean it 'was' stalkerish, just that it 'could' be taken that way, and as you have said, she has mentioned more then once that she lives near you. You are the only person who can decide what the vibes are between the two of you. Anyone else can only speculate with limited information and no first hand experiance.

If she is truely interested in getting to know you then how you go about it will not make much differance, in my opinion.

I have delivered for Domino's for 21 years and in that time have developed a rapport with customers of all ages who have come into the store as well as those who I have delivered to. Some I have become friends with outside of Domino's, including facebook friends. I have never actually asked anyone out on a date but have met other gay guys who I have hung out with.

In my case I felt comfortable enough with the interactions I had with the customers, both male and female, straight and gay, to ask to hang out or whatever.

You are the only one who can decide and from what you said it seems like you already have a kind of rapport, so the only thing left to do is ask her out. lol

As I said, if she is interested, ultimately how you ask shouldn't make that much of a differance.

D_ob5cz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my experience women like guys who are confident. Just go up to her and say hey do u want to go out to dinner sometime. If she says no, then say ok have a good day and go to your car and cry lol. But seriously no gimmicks just ask her out. Your not going to get her to like you by hatching a plan. I know it's easyier said then done, but life's to short to allways wonder. Whats the worst that could happen.

shyyguy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know it's easyier said then done, but life's to short to allways wonder. Whats the worst that could happen.

Totally agree. That's why I'm just gonna do it.

Your not going to get her to like you by hatching a plan

Totally disagree with this though. I'm quite shy, I can't just wing it and come up with something on the spot. I'll freeze up and my mind will go blank. I have to go in prepared, which will help me be more confident.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would just say somthing like, "this is kinda awkward, but this is the only time I see you. I want to ask you out on a date." the truth almost always works because it's more natural. (wait for her reaction) and then ask if she wants to get coffee(or drink) when she gets off work. don't mention partying or roommates.

cvcgolf

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do you know what days off she has?.. Is she free on the weekends?.. Tell her you have an extra movie ticket or concert ticket because a friend just can't make it.. Ask her if she'd like to go.. (then buy the tickets if she says yes) Make it sound as if it's just spontaneous and no big deal if she says yes or no.. Tell her to think about it and give you a call.. Give her your number..

The reason you're giving your number is because it takes the pressure off of her saying yes or no right away.. Remember, everything other then a yes means no.. She might say yes right away.. Score!.. However she may say, let me think about it, I may be going out with friends that night, I already have plans.. Everything besides a "yes" means no.. If she never calls you then just forget it ever happened.. Just go in and get your thin crust, say hello and move on..

Do not invite her to hang out with a group of your guy friends.. You've just increased the odds of her digging one of your friends and then your left out in the cold.. Why play those odds?

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I would just say somthing like, "this is kinda awkward, but this is the only time I see you. I want to ask you out on a date." the truth almost always works because it's more natural. (wait for her reaction) and then ask if she wants to get coffee(or drink) when she gets off work. don't mention partying or roommates.

Agree, to me (female) this is the best advice so far, IMO.

I'd not invite her to a party first... what if she knows no one else there?? awkward....

Best just to say "can I take you for coffee or drinks after you get off work?" that way you don't even have to worry about exchanging phone numbers yet.

On the exchange (Can we exchange numbers so I can give you a call sometime?) ... I'd get her number and give her yours... you never know... sometimes girls expect the guy to make the first call.

Last edited:

shyyguy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do not invite her to hang out with a group of your guy friends.. You've just increased the odds of her digging one of your friends and then your left out in the cold.. Why play those odds?
I wouldn't. I'd just tell her that to take the pressure off her right away. I can either go with the straight forward approach and just ask her out or use the friendly neighbor approach. Telling her to "come party with your neighbors sometime", leaving my # or facebook, and giving her the choice to respond is a fairly pressure free scenario. Unlike putting her on the spot by asking her out at work would be.

And if she were to hit me up I'd tell her to come get a drink with me, not to come over and meet all my roommates (I live with multiple lesbians so I'm not exactly worried about her digging a roommate anyway).

That is my plan of action right now. Though since deciding upon "asking her out" like 2 weeks ago I've been there 3 times and she hasn't been there any of those three times. Two of the times I went just in hopes that she'd be there, not because I wanted pizza hut lol.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would totally be very brief and polite in telling her you would like a date. I then would hand her my number and tell her to think about it. I might even say something like, "If you are interested let me know by Friday. Then move on if it doesn't happen

shyyguy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I did it a little earlier tonight. Now I can stop going to pizza hut haha.

I asked "aren't you the one that's told me you live across the street?". She said something like "I thought you looked familiar" and then told me she moved to a different place and gave me the name of it (which is still right next to me).

I told her I live right behind the pizza hut with my roommates and that she should come party with us sometime. She said something like "partayy" but then someone in the back called her.

When she came back and I paid I wrote my name and number on the receipt and told her to "come chill with your neighbors sometime" and left.

No idea how that went. Couldn't really catch a vibe. She didn't seem weirded out by it but didn't seem too enthusiastic either. I doubt she'll hit me up.

Feels good just doing it though. I don't approach many women in person, I'm very shy. So just doing it felt good.