Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone have any experience asking out a "Straight" guy that has yet to come out as a gay man? There is this guy I know that has yet to come out but I have a feeling he is gay. Would like to know how to ask him out without scaring him off. He's from a very religious family and probably doesn't think that being gay is natural.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would probably not ask him out at all. Do things with him and let him open up to you and in time if he is gay he will tell you.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's the other tough part. I really don't know they guy well. He's my friends brother in-law. But have socialized with him a few times.

Well, I would suggest that you take the time to get to know this guy first, before moving into anything sexual or romantic.

Easiest way to find out if a person is interested. If he's not, move on....

Last edited:

Pompeynate

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So the guy is straight & you just "think" he may be gay, but you don't even really know him?? If you are fond of your teeth then I would forget about this guy & go find a hot gay guy to hook up with instead...

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As others have suggested, try the friendship route first. Don't ask him out. Ask him if he'd like to go get a cup of coffee. Ask him if he knows of any good places for lunch and would he like to come along, etc.
I'd also recommend being honest with him from Day One...letting him know you're gay and showing him that being gay is quite natural and normal.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you barely know this guy, and he's closeted, having a semi-stranger come into his life and basically say, "I know you're gay, now come out so you can take a chance on a first-time relationship with me"...I don't see great things coming out of that.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you're out to your friend (the one you know him through), how about bringing it up with him? Maybe you can at least find out a few things you have in common with this guy and use your friend's help to befriend Mr. Straight. Start by becoming his friend and get to know him without confessing that you like him or telling him that you think he might be gay. Genuinely earn his trust. If he is into guys and he ends up being into you, it will happen naturally. Or, as you get to know him, you may realize you don't like him as much as you thought. Or, you could realize you like him even more and he could turn out to actually be straight and your heart gets broken. You're choosing the challenging path here, just keep that in mind. It's going to take a lot of patience and has only a small chance of working out the way you want it to. If you're willing to accept the low odds and the risk of possibly being disappointed, then go for it.