How to be a good wife :)

Faircrest: Boy how times have changed. My girlfriend looked at it and replied "I am going to be a HORRIBLE wife"

wvalady1968: So am I?

Radu, are you trying to start a war!?

:(

Allie
;)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Boy, oh, boy, did you ever just now stir up a hornet's nest with our own dearly beloved Allie with that arcane article, Raal Lexx.

Al, I'm sure in his own twisted little mind he must've thought someone might find this amusing. Me, personally, if I ever did that with my girlfriend, I'd have Gloria Steinem/women's lib people hanging me in effigy. Just remember, there's got to be a counterpart to that piece of idiocy. ;)

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
[quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#2 date=04/06/04 at 15:38:49]So am I?

Radu, are you trying to start a war!?

:(

Allie
;)[/quote]

:D No, Allie, no, no, no :D

wvalady1968: Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll, okay. And I had the needles all ready to use on my Radu doll.....

I'll stop cleaning the guns and lining up the ammo. It's good that I got all the knives sharpened, though, one less Spring chore to be done here.

:-*

feared: haha i was surprised after reading that, cause i didn't see anything about sex, and then i realised the date..1955. SEX DIDN'T EXIST THEN!

bblumbee: That explains everything. I suppose I will NEVER get married. :'(

Oh well since that is over! LOL

Bard: The world would be a much better place if women behaved as is described in the article.
All this feminist equal opportunity bullshit should be stopped and reversed immediately. Men - and women - were better better off when women behaved like women and not like women pretending to me men.
It is time everyone admitted to themselves and evryone else the natural truth.

Bard

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#8 date=04/08/04 at 15:56:10]The world would be a much better place if women behaved as is described in the article.
All this feminist equal opportunity bullshit should be stopped and reversed immediately. Men - and women - were better better off when women behaved like women and not like women pretending to me men.

Bard[/quote]

If you ask me, Bard, your bullshit should be the one stopped, on account attitudes like that existed in the fifties. :mad:

wvalady1968: [quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#8 date=04/08/04 at 15:56:10]The world would be a much better place if women behaved as is described in the article.

Bard[/quote]
Now, you all know WHY sex didn't exist in the 50s.
;)

Tender: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#12 date=04/09/04 at 10:48:13]
Now, you all know WHY sex didn't exist in the 50s.
;)

[/quote]

Ditto 100 times.

Tender

Bard: You ladies fool no one.
Within the anonymity of the internet you are free to express your true feelings without fear of ridicule from the so-called "modern" feminist groups claiming to represent you.
You may as well admit to feeling the longing you all feel for a time when women were treated by men as women should be treated and not as weird she-men you are under pressure to become.
It is a woman's place to serve a man and a man's place to look after you women.
It's a natural and undeniable fact.
No ifs, no buts, no excuses. Fact.
And you can argue it till you are blue in the face - it doesn't wash.

Bard - Traditional loving husband and father.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:mad:[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#14 date=04/18/04 at 22:19:57]You ladies fool no one.
Within the anonymity of the internet you are free to express your true feelings without fear of ridicule from the so-called "modern" feminist groups claiming to represent you.
You may as well admit to feeling the longing you all feel for a time when women were treated by men as women should be treated and not as weird she-men you are under pressure to become.

Bard - Traditional loving husband and father.[/quote]

You- are just looking to get your head handed to you by these women, aren't you, Bard? That kind of egotistical, self righteous attitude has been dead since the fifties, and any woman you may happen to tell it to may very well wish you dead, and/or emasculated. How's that for a woman serving you? ??? :mad:

wvalady1968: [quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#14 date=04/18/04 at 22:19:57]You ladies fool no one.

Bard - Traditional loving husband and father.[/quote]
Dear Bard, you would have us believe that being a free, modern woman AND being in a relationship where we are taken care of AS WE TAKE CARE OF our man is somehow mutually exclusive.

I feel no compulsion to become a weird she-man, but I relish the opportunity women have these days to follow what they want to do and be, instead of being told by men where our place is and to sit and be sweet and ladylike, as we should.

Thankfully, many men are not threatened by strong women, and actually prefer one who will stand and work along side him in achieving their goals, as opposed to someone he must direct and carry through life.

Dear Bard, your ways are an anachronism and you are a dinosaur. You and your kind are doomed to extinction. Only the strong will survive.

Allie
:-*
singing.....

Put another log on the fire,
Cook me up some bacon and some beans,
Go out to the car and lift it up and change the tire,
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Baby, fill my pipe and then go fetch my slippers,
Boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire, girl,
And come and tell me why you’re leaving me.

Don’t I let you wash the car on sunday ?
Don’t I warn you when you’re getting fat ?
Ain’t I gonna take you fishing some day ?
Well, a man can’t love a woman more than that.

Ain’t I always nice to your kid sister,
Don’t I take her driving every night ?
So sit here at my feet because I like you when you’re sweet
And, besides, you know that it ain’t feminine to fight.

Put another log on the fire,
Cook me up some bacon and some beans,
Go out to the car and change the tire,
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.

Fill my pipe and then go fetch my slippers,
Boil me up another pot of tea.
Put another log on the fire, woman,
Come and tell me why you’re leaving me.
Yeah, come and tell me why you’re leaving me.

bblumbee: Well stated Allie!

I do have some reservations, however, about some comments that Bart made...

Society has taught us that women were not equal to men - a long time ago. LIkewise, however, society also told us that women were the backbone to social infrastructure...as we remain today.

As a woman, I know my place, traditionally, as you would state. However, in the same token, I know myself professionally. There are few things, if any that I cannot do that a man could do. Grant it, his physical body might be able to do more physical things, but I have mental abilities to sort though things and find an easier alternative to do the same job. This, I think, is the only thing that Mr. Bart can bring to the conversation about the limitations of the female population.

I do think that today's men are more accepting of strong, intelligent and independent women. Yet, there are a few out there, who are dinosaurs like Bart, who are intimidated, fearful and jealous of those women who display markmanship of what use to be a male dominated economic structure.

I have absolutely no problem of being a wife to a future husband. Nor do I have or will I have regrets for my gender. To me, it simply means that I might be more adaptable than you, Bart.

Moreover, it means that I am no longer seen as the dependent, reserved housewife that you apparently thrive to see. The movement of today's woman is clear. We are wives... we are mothers... we are homemakers... we are doctors... we are lawyers... we are professors... we are educators... we are government department heads... we simply ARE!!!

-bb

Bard: bblumbee
I sign my name Bard, not Bart.
Never once did I suggest women are inferior to men. They are however very different - more so than many women seem to want to admit.
Also, women tend not to make the very top of any profession - but you women will blame this on society.
Recently a mouse was born through genetic manipulation with two mothers - no male parent. The technology is available to humans. Seems its all over for men. Women seem to have made us redundant. Women can do everything us men can - or so you claim.
What is our future I wonder? All we do is make war - or so you women claim.

Bard.