How to be a good wife :)

wvalady1968: [quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#19 date=04/26/04 at 16:24:37] Never once did I suggest women are inferior to men. They are however very different - more so than many women seem to want to admit.[/quote]
I want to tell you up front, that you and I may not be terribly far apart on this issue. I'll explain later.

We readily admit that women and men are different, and as I've said before, "Vive la difference!"  ;)

But what is your point? You hint that women need men to guide them or be the leader or boss or whatever spin you feel necessary to place on it. If men ARE capable of doing this, and women ARE NOT, then you ARE saying that we are inferior.

[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#19 date=04/26/04 at 16:24:37] Also, women tend not to make the very top of any profession - but you women will blame this on society. [/quote]
Men have made the laws and set down the roles for women for thousands of years. In America, only very recently in the timeline of the country were women given the rights we have that have enabled us to make our own decisions and govern our own lives. If we're a little late making it to the party, it wasn't because WE weren't trying to get here.

[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#19 date=04/26/04 at 16:24:37] Recently a mouse was born through genetic manipulation with two mothers - no male parent. The technology is available to humans. Seems its all over for men. Women seem to have made us redundant. Women can do everything us men can - or so you claim.[/quote]

If the role for either gender, esp. in our complex society, were ONLY for reproduction, then this argument still wouldn't hold water, at least not until the technology catches up. Men will never be redundant! My goodness, I wouldn't want to live without men!!

Sure, some women can be stevedores and some men are gentle, timid souls. But neither gender can do everything the other gender can do. We all run the gamut from A to Z and all varieties in between! But it doesn't mean that every woman who wants to make her own decisions hates men. Quite the opposite!! We love and adore men!!!!

[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#19 date=04/26/04 at 16:24:37] What is our future I wonder? All we do is make war - or so you women claim.
[/quote]
Awww, poor Bard!! You want a pity party??  :-*

I've made my decisions and led my life. I've made mistakes and learned valuable lessons. I just believe that we all have the right to make those decisions and those mistakes. [Because letting someone else make our decisions doesn't guarantee that THEY won't make mistakes.]

Having said that, I am a product of my upbringing. I like being in a relationship much like you've described, Bard. I've handed over the tough life decisions to David, and I run the house. He takes care of me and I take care of him. [He jokes that he gets to make the tough decisions, and I get to tell him which decisions are tough.]

The crucial point is that I have no right to force my lifestyle decisions on ANYONE else. We don't all fit into the same mold. I like the fact that America's founding fathers guaranteed us the right to the "pursuit of happiness". They never claimed we had the right to catch it.

We could debate this forever and point out the pros and cons of both sides, but I believe that both partners in a relationship should have the right to chose to be [or not to be] where they are.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=0#19 date=04/26/04 at 16:24:37]Recently a mouse was born through genetic manipulation with two mothers - no male parent. The technology is available to humans....
[/quote]

Where you get your news from?

Kono (the Japanese researcher that "created" the fatherless mouse) has stated that their technique could not be applied to humans for both ethical and technological reasons, an opinion which has been echoed by numerous experts familiar with Kono's work. The group's next target, according to Kono, is the pig. Now while some men may be pigs...

Kono's paper appears in the April 22 volume of the journal Nature, the full text of which is not available online. However, you can read Nature's "popular press" Science Update article here:

http://www.nature.com/nsu/040419/040419-8.html

bblumbee: My error, Bard, and my sincere apologies.

Allie, thank you for clarification. You are eloquent and articulate in your rebuttal and like you, this debate could go on infinitely. There are those of us who are products of our upbringing. Nothing can change that.

And Bard, professionally speaking... sweetheart, we are climbing up the corporate ladder, the eduational ladder and the government ladder - moreso than you probably care to admit. I myself will put my qualifications up against anyone, as well as my current professional post. Is there a fear of competiveness? I honestly see no correlation with this issue.

wvalady1968: [quote author=bblumbee link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#22 date=04/27/04 at 06:59:57] Allie, like you, this debate could go on infinitely.[/quote]
OUCH!! ;)

You got my number, BB! If it pushes my buttons, I can debate forever, which is silly.

sigh

gushiggins: I'm all for gender equality -- if women want to take a step back, let 'em. ;D

Seriously, though, when I look for someone to fill a position, gender means nothing to me; if you can pull your weight and don't carry a detrimental attitude, you're in. Naturally, there are going to be more qualified men than women if the position requires, say, a minimum height of 6'4" or the ability to dead-lift 200 pounds. However, there are probably still a lot of positions today that women are more qualified for that end up going to men solely because the hirer doesn't believe that women can actually be qualified for that type of position.

Pretty vague, I know, but vague is in vogue. By the way, "Vague Vogue Vagabonds" would be a great name for a rock band.

-Z

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
Women are superior to men. You cannot and will not convince me otherwise. I come from an iron-tough family as it is, and as an example, my mother, who is 49 yrs., maybe 5'8 and 140 lbs., runs a morning paper route alone, getting up at 2:30 am every day, getting back home at 5:30 am, then working her day job from 6 pm to 4:00 pm five days a week, and tending her garden when in season. She doesn't do any other exercise. And yet her son (me) who is 22, goes to the gym 3 days a week, practices sambo, muay thai and judo, possesses nowhere near her toughness and strength. That's just one example. I've met god knows how many women with that kinda strength and spirit, inside and out. Its why I respect the opposite sex and see them as the superior sex. Thats just me though.

bblumbee: OOOPPPSSS, Allie... I did not mean it the way I typed it. I must start proofing these things before I send... :-/

What I meant is that I agree with you, totally. And, like you, I can debate arguements as such until red in the face. That my dear, is called passion.

Bri and Ecchi... :-* :-* That is all I have to say. :)

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=bblumbee link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#26 date=04/28/04 at 10:20:17]

Bri and Ecchi...   :-*  :-*  That is all I have to say.  :)[/quote]

^_^ Thank you hun ... :-*

wvalady1968: [quote author=bblumbee link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#26 date=04/28/04 at 10:20:17]OOOPPPSSS, Allie...  I did not mean it the way I typed it.  I must start proofing these things before I send...   :-/

What I meant is that I agree with you, totally.  And, like you, I can debate arguements as such until red in the face.  That my dear, is called passion.
[/quote]
I knew, Sweet BB!! I know what a wonderful person you are!! And I love your passion!

:-*

Tender: [quote author=Ecchi link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#25 date=04/27/04 at 21:31:42]Women are superior to men. You cannot and will not convince me otherwise. [/quote]

well, since I cant convince you otherwise, I'll just have to say that no will one will convince ME of this...

Tender

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, Ecchi, just remember, her gametes are bigger than yours too. LOL (Males are more like nature's genetic engineers than anything.)

In mammals, males are almost invariably physically stronger. But humans are unusually weak, and the sexual differences in muscular structure is to a much lower degree in humans than in (say) gorillas.

Bard: Well said Bubbles -
and in all seriousness I don't think there is any good reason a man should marry in this so called enlightened age. Men are constantly badgered by society into becoming "new men" and doing all those things we really don't want to do (but often feel obliged to do). We can take sexual partners to sate our physical urges without getting mixed up with all that emotional baggage. I sometimes wonder what will happen in the future. My guess is a back-lash against political correctness (which - let's be honest - has become just plain silly). This will be dangerous since things may revert or even change to a degree worse than ever.
Certainly, we are all fed up with the bullshit.
Interesting times.

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=Bard link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#33 date=04/30/04 at 16:04:33]Well said Bubbles -
and in all seriousness I don't think there is any good reason a man should marry in this so called enlightened age. Men are constantly badgered by society into becoming "new men" and doing all those things we really don't want to do (but often feel obliged to do). We can take sexual partners to sate our physical urges without getting mixed up with all that emotional baggage. I sometimes wonder what will happen in the future. My guess is a back-lash against political correctness (which - let's be honest - has become just plain silly). This will be dangerous since things may revert or even change to a degree worse than ever.
Certainly, we are all fed up with the bullshit.
Interesting times.

[/quote]

That's a pretty damn scary thought. But yea, political correctness is getting outta control. Watch any comedian nowadays and almost all of them make light of it.

I guess I'm an anomaly of it all. I'm a kept house slave to my current g/f, who basically takes care of me, and I take care of Her home, run Her bathes, cook meals for Her, service Her however She wishes. I've always been more ... well might as well say it ... submissive to women. And there's a great bond between me and Her that I don't consider emotional baggage, I guess because She accepts me as I am, and I haven't had to change. But in the end, I am, and want to remain, Hers, and I really do intend to love Her for the rest of my life. The love we have is deep enough even that She has given me the option to play around a bit, have sex with others if I wish, which I haven't yet, but its nice to have the door open.

Of course, this is me, everyone will almost doubtlessly be different.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, a lot of the political correctness is silly. "Black? Did you say black? He is African-American!" PC was originally based on the Sapir-Wolof hypothesis which said that language showed thought patterns. (I'm sure you've heard of the Eskimo-Aleut snow hoax.)

As for the 'new man', I always thought it was a marketing ploy, 'metrosexuals' and all.

Tender: [quote author=Ecchi link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#30 date=04/28/04 at 21:26:52]Just because my opinion can't be changed doesn't mean I don't wanna hear the opinions of others.  :)[/quote]

everyone is entitled to my opinion :)

Tender

wvalady1968: [quote author=Tender link=board=women;num=1081249042;start=20#36 date=05/01/04 at 20:22:16]

everyone is entitled to my opinion :)

Tender [/quote]
:D ;D ;)

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
*giggles quietly*

C'est la vie I guess. I just know i'm happiest in my role, which oddly, is a traditionally percieved as a 'feminine' role. Now I don't consider myself necessarily effeminate (ignoring the ultra long blonde hair) ... I'm as tough and pugnacious as any guy around, if not more so. Its just I'm more comfortable in this role. Not sure if that makes sense at all.