How to become a total Prick.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
People who are pricks may get their way much of the time and succeed in many arenas, and outwardly they may appear satisfied, but I believe that deep down most of them are miserable - provided they have any social conscience at all. Whether they do or not, and even if they are sociopaths, they are destined to eventually end up either alone or in relationships of mutual despising.

. . . TheBF is the kind of guy who jumps up to open doors for other people, who helps strangers carry packages, etc. He always does the right thing, he makes the right moral choices, and he's truly friendly and outgoing all the time. He doesn't do it because he cares about what each of those individuals thinks about what he's doing, he does it because it fits into his personal code of conduct about how a man should behave.
That boy was raised right. I so identify with this and every word in your posts here, Petite. It was the way I was raised too, maybe the way I was spiritually/genetically programmed. It's that whole caring and sharing, that basic "do unto others" thing, and I took it to heart. It took me forever to realize that the mass of people do not operate from the same code or ethical center. I still don't get it much of the time.

The same behavior by other men is the result of a kind of social pandering. . . .
It's a case of behavior that looks similar, but comes from a totally different motivation, from a person of a completely different personality and character.
If you are only being nice because you think that you'll be rewarded somehow, then you really aren't a nice person, you are employing a strategy in the hopes of making certain social gains, and that's not really being nice.
That's being manipulative and calculating. I fucking hate that.

The only people that we should care about are our family and close friends, everyone else should just be treated with indifference.
Wow. It's us vs. all of them, eh?

This is where cultures differ. In Israel relationships are much deeper with family and close friends, while in America relationships tend to be slightly more superficial.
And as far being "nice" is concerned, we have the whole concept of "lo frayerim" which is hard for foreigners to comprehend, and why people tend to think we are very cold and rude to strangers.
I bet you're not cold and rude when you want something from them.

Otherwise, everyone outside of close friends and family should be treated with indifference,
and you shouldn't care about them, correct?

I wonder, if this is generally true of Israelis, how it impacts the problem of bringing peace to the region.

sorry if the truth hurts....but all foreigners think that way about American relationships...all
You're a prick. Thanks for giving us all such a clear illustration.

Last edited:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
People who are pricks may get their way much of the time and succeed in many arenas, and outwardly they may appear satisfied, but I believe that deep down most of them are miserable - provided they have any social conscience at all. Whether they do or not, and even if they are sociopaths, they are destined to eventually end up either alone or in relationships of mutual despising.

^what maximus said.
Being a prick = winning in the short-term.

I work with some MAJOR pricks....it's all about short-term gratification, often at the expense of others. That can't make anyone happy, right?

Oh god not this AGAIN!!! :welcome:

It is a repeated question but obviously the message is not getting through. Nice (as in, decent) guys do win!