How to compliment someone at the gym?

Satur9us

Sexy Member
Media
Hey guys, just a question I thought you might have an opinion on...

I've been going to my local YMCA in NY for a few months now. Progressively I've gotten more comfortable just being around other naked guys—partly this is also due to my time in the sauna at school before I graduated. I should note that I'm gay, but I'm not "cruising" or anything at the gym. I'm happily in a relationship.

But eyes still wander, of course, and I wonder: is there a way to compliment a guy on his package and show my appreciation without coming across as too... I dunno, skeevy? Had any good/bad experiences on the subject?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Compliment a guy on his build -- maybe, if done tactfully. Compliment a guy on his "package" -- absolutely no way, unless you actually ARE cruising; and you might as well be, if you are going to try such a thing, because that's how it will be taken.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
While it's nice of you to want to pay a compliment, I have to agree with the previous responses: Just don't do it.

There's no real upside here for you. If the guy happens to be straight, you'd probably never see his package again. If he's litigious, you could be sued for harassment. If he's a homophobic lunkhead, you could be assaulted.

I've had my share of appreciative glances and stares ... but an actual comment, even if complimentary and well-intentioned, is a whole different ballgame.

Steve

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to agree with the above responses. Unless the guy is someone you know well enough to joke around about sexual matters, it is best to leave those comments unsaid. Even if the guy would take the comment happily, in a locker room situation where others may hear your comment, you may end up embarrassing him. If he is unappreciative of your personal comments, you may end up embarrassing yourself.
Obviously, you have an interest in large dicks, as we all do, but think of how someone might feel if you commented on the size of their ears, or feet? Your intention may be complimentary, but the reception might be negative-some people have issues about their bodies and can not handle the idea of being noticed, let alone participate in a verbal interchange with a stranger about something they are shy about.
On the other hand, in a gym where there is obvious and open cruising, of course, why not.....But at the local YMCA? I say keep it to yourself.

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Have you ever noticed how women can complement one another on just about anything and it’s non-sexual? Men on the other hand, tend to freak out. I don’t think there is anything wrong paying a guy a compliment even if it’s about his cock. It shouldn’t be an issue but it is and I’m guilty as well. I’ve received many compliments from guys on my body and my cock. I thought they were trying to hit on me and would not respond. Finally, one guy yelled at me and said he was just paying me complement and to get over myself. I felt pretty bad about it. I’m much better with it now and just say thank you.
So be careful who you are talking to. If a guy is insecure with himself, he’ll read you the wrong way.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
one word. Don't..... that simple.

if you think that he maybe,could be, possibly be,wannabe, shot in the dark even slightest bit straight, don't. now i can only assume you're gay by the tone of the thread...... so i will tell you strait up, don't say anything. if he's into the sausage part of the fruit basket he'll be pretty obvious about it, if in ANY doubt keep your trap shut, it's not worth getting the holy hell beat out of you and then kicked out of the gym for sexual harrassment...... i am a licensed physical trainer and worked as one for 3 years, i have seen it happen with my own eyes

I would also say don't do it. I've had plenty of guys compliment me on my physique, but never on my dick. I would be really freaked if some guy did that. I see loads of guys with great bodies in the shower, steam room and locker room where I work out every week, but I would never compliment them on their bodies. It would just be too creepy for me and for the other guy. I certainly don't want a reputation which other guys in the gym have earned for being creepy pervs. I keep my admiration to myself. I see them checking me out and I'm cool with that, but if they ever came up to me and said "nice dick" I would be very uncomfortable with that, and I'd avoid being near them again - especially naked. I'm not at all shy about being nude around other guys, but there are certain unspoken rules that men should abide by in that setting.

I'm currently having an issue with an older guy at the university where I work out. At first I thought he was being friendly, so I was being friendly back - now I think it's more than that. It started off innocent enough with him introducing himself to me. From there he started complimenting me on my physique, to which I said "thank-you". Lately he has seemed to feel the need to touch me every time he sees me. I thought that maybe it was a cultural thing because he's Italian, and I know that they tend to touch when they talk. At first it started off with a pat on the back (which was fine), but the last time he touched me on the back he ran his finger across my lower cheek on my face. I pulled away from him and was completely freaked out, and to make matters worse he did this in front of a bunch of other guys in the sauna. The last couple of times that I have seen him, we haven't even said "hello" to each other. I guess he realizes that he crossed the line, and I certainly don't want to encourage him.

Take my story however you want, but the point is that you may create an uncomfortable situation, gain a reputation and ruin the possibility of continuing a friendship in the gym if you cross the line. I'm not a homophobe, but I know plenty of guys who would have punched that old man in the face for doing to them what he did to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
eye contact and a nod.

perhaps a "gezz" under your breath... that is it.

I've gotten both at my gym; it is extremely conservative. Towel dancing is the norm.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
I would also say don't do it. I've had plenty of guys compliment me on my physique, but never on my dick. I would be really freaked if some guy did that. I see loads of guys with great bodies in the shower, steam room and locker room where I work out every week, but I would never compliment them on their bodies. It would just be too creepy for me and for the other guy. I certainly don't want a reputation which other guys in the gym have earned for being creepy pervs. I keep my admiration to myself. I see them checking me out and I'm cool with that, but if they ever came up to me and said "nice dick" I would be very uncomfortable with that, and I'd avoid being near them again - especially naked. I'm not at all shy about being nude around other guys, but there are certain unspoken rules that men should abide by in that setting.

I'm currently having an issue with an older guy at the university where I work out. At first I thought he was being friendly, so I was being friendly back - now I think it's more than that. It started off innocent enough with him introducing himself to me. From there he started complimenting me on my physique, to which I said "thank-you". Lately he has seemed to feel the need to touch me every time he sees me. I thought that maybe it was a cultural thing because he's Italian, and I know that they tend to touch when they talk. At first it started off with a pat on the back (which was fine), but the last time he touched me on the back he ran his finger across my lower cheek on my face. I pulled away from him and was completely freaked out, and to make matters worse he did this in front of a bunch of other guys in the sauna. The last couple of times that I have seen him, we haven't even said "hello" to each other. I guess he realizes that he crossed the line, and I certainly don't want to encourage him.

Take my story however you want, but the point is that you may create an uncomfortable situation, gain a reputation and ruin the possibility of continuing a friendship in the gym if you cross the line. I'm not a homophobe, but I know plenty of guys who would have punched that old man in the face for doing to them what he did to me.

exactly, couldn't have said it better
remember NO PIECE OF ASS IS WORTH A SIT DOWN WITH JESUS!
And MOST guys with those crazy gorillia builds look that way for a reason, there is a lot of issues that are in the proccess of being worked out getting that big, some of thos eguys will cry on you, alot of em will take a 25 pound dumbell and bash your head in with it...... and like i said, you'll get kicked out for sexual harrassment