How to Date a Younger Man

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cougarblue, Jan 30, 2009.

1. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    How can you find fault with any article that begins with a Liz Phair quote?? :smile:

From lifesyle.msn.com today....

(I love the part about the "twin peaks") ....
    -------------------

"Oh baby you're young, but that's okay. What's give or take nine years, anyway?" Sings rock star Liz Phair in her song "Rock Me".
    Cool, smart, talented, successful women date, marry and have flings with younger men all the time. My dad is seven years younger than my mom, and God knows I've dated my share of younger men. Younger men are awesome and have a lot to offer to the right woman. So whether you're having a fling (like Penelope Cruz and Josh Hartnett) or it's true love that will last a lifetime (like Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins), here's how to play it cool while dating that hot younger man.

Your lips are sealed
    Being older, you've had a lot more life experience, breakups, relationship horror stories and maybe even a divorce or two. Your new, younger lover doesn't need to hear about the custody battle, divorce settlement or how that cheating ex did you wrong. "I call it keeping your secret garden," says Vanessa Marsot, a licensed marriage and family therapist who co-hosts the Internet dating and relationship show, LoveStream. "Have fun enjoying the present and future that you are creating with this new partner and let go of the need to reveal everything about your past."

Look the other way
    It can be nearly impossible to ignore gossip, criticism and judgment, but you can't live your life according to what other people think and say. Lesley Wolff, co-executive producer of BET's Hell Date, had these words of wisdom: "Sometimes the outside world looks at an older woman with a younger man as if she's avoiding commitment or just playing around. Ignore them. Who's the one having fun?"

The shock of the new
    As we get older, we tend to fall into routines. The same restaurants, gyms, stores, music… A younger guy is the perfect opportunity to break up the monotony. "Latch on to the younger guy's energy and go along for the ride," says award-winning psychologist Dr. Joel D. Block (Dr.Block -). That sexy younger man will introduce you to all sort of things you didn't even know you enjoyed: sports and activities, foods and restaurants, bands you've never heard of—don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and let him show you a few new tricks.

The question of career clout
    Don't let the fact that you might be more successful than your younger man bother you. It only makes sense that you would be further along in your career; you've been working at it longer than he has. My friend Janet's husband is ten years her junior. She's an established career woman with her own business and he's just starting out. I asked him if he had ever been intimidated by Janet's success: "No way, it's sexy!" he replies. If he wanted to be with some young girl who is just starting out in life, he would be. He's with Janet because he loves everything about her and respects how hard she's worked to get where she is. A lot of younger men will be attracted to your maturity and success, not intimidated or turned off by it.

Enjoy twin peaks
    Men reach their sexual peak in their early 20s and women in their mid-to-late 30s. It totally makes sense younger men would be attracted to you, and you to them… you're both in your sexual prime! "A younger man is the very definition of willing and interested," writes author Lynn Snowden Picket, who is married to a younger man. Lynn declares, "I often forget about our 13-½ year age difference." Older men may claim to have all the moves and more experience in bed but, as Lynn says, "All the so-called experience in the world isn't going to help an older guy if after a meal and half a bottle of wine he's too tired to be able to show off these presumably stunning techniques."

Now that you've heard my take on the ups and downs of dating a younger guy, why not try it for yourself and see what you think?

2. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    You've convinced me. Any 70 year old ladies out there?

3. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    Thanks for that cougarblue!

#3 Enid, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  4. B_mylipswet

B_mylipswet New Member

In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
    Ok, I'm sold on the idea and even have a younger man to go with it. I have never dated a younger man before so it will be my very first time. I am very excited and looking forward to it. What I did not expect was the gossip and critique from his "so called" friends who have defined me as his "stalker" as well as "delusional" and have been very confrontational. They have yet to learn there is no one who can come in the way of my feelings for him. I have looked the other way and documented all of there attempts to discredit me exclusively for his viewing if need be.
    They seem to project an image of him of a boy who needs protection from "me".
    I don't know the boy, I only know the man with the desire for me that has been relentless and powerful. The more he gets the more he wants of me and I have plans on giving him his hearts desire completely.Thank-you for your post I found it to be extremely enlightening!

5. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    How 'bout "69" instead? LOL !! :biggrin1:

6. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always been a fan of 69...but should I settle for a younger woman?

7. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

the BEST sexual experiences of my entire life were always with women 10+ years older

8. psiedtsi

psiedtsi New Member

Yes, this is DEFINITELY something I am open to experiencing. I personally find most girls my age don't really understand me in an intellectual way. They can't hold an intelligent conversation about credible current events for the most part, and even when they attempt, I just feel like I have to be the teacher and "correct" their misconceptions. It ends up reflecting negatively on me in their eyes, when in reality I just struggle with conversations with people that have no idea what they are saying(or even how to BS for that matter aka sound smart).

/rant

Anyway, I really feel an older woman is extremely sexy, especially successful ones as they seem to be the most confident. Then again, an innocent soccer mom would be a fun romp, I suppose.

9. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

well that and its mutuial agression, their boobs are almost always bigger and they know how to read a man, and i have NEVER had one tell me to back off or take it easy.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Younger than what? 70?:tongue::biggrin1::confused:

11. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

hell yeah man, fuckin granny you know you ain't gonna need lube for anal or ever have to worry bout a condom!

12. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Another tip:

Bring action figures.
    Young males love to play with action figures. Try Ninja Turtles, Transformers, G.I.Joe. Don't give up until you find the small plastic warrior your love interest adores. Also be ready to cook up some Kraft Mac 'n Cheez, in case he gets hungry while he's fighting the Shredder. And every young man loves chocolate milk. Yum! Just make sure to get some action in before nap time!

:biggrin1:

13. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    :dance:

14. Principessa

Gold Member

I find many a young man is happy to receive a fruit roll up and a juice box post coitus to replenish their fluids and provide a needed energy burst. :wink::tongue:

15. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    how to date a younger man:

ask goodwood on a date. lol.

16. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I use to date older women. Even married one. She's six years older. But now that I'm... ahem, back on the market so to speak... and over a certain age... it's no longer an option! I'm dating younger. :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted