How to deal with being ugly

LikeaLOLO

Just Browsing
Media
sometime in an effort to bring myself up I tell myself "I can listen to the people calling me ugly and get depressed and accomplish nothing in my life OR I CAN ignore the negative people and focus on the good stuff and be happy and accomplish a lot of things in my life"

most of the time I am good at bringing myself up. but after being told that I am ugly a lot times then i go into this deep black hole. you can only bring yourself back up so many times before you let the bad stuff get to you. you can't ignore the bad stuff forever.

I have my up and downs. This is one of my down moments. it is what it is.

OffTLeash

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Dude ya gotta listen to me when i tell ya thi because its completely 100% true. When we are born we are given something we didnt ask for, we couldnt ask for. Our faces, bodies, penises everything physical about us is just wat we have to shelter our souls. No body at all (and this does include you my friend) is "better" than another. Plain and simple. everybody has problems with their bodies be it ; I'm to short, to fat, to ugly, to tall, to skinny, i have too much acne, my penis isn't big enough, my hips are too wide, my hair isnt the style i want it to be, my thighs are too fat ect. I could write an entire book on people and what they consider to be their physical imperfections. But the truth behind things are they don't matter in the least. At all. Zero. Zilch. Alot of people on this site may try and make it seem like if you are physically good looking, than you are automatically in the clear about being desirable. You aren't. In fact the better looking you are on the outside, the greater the possibility that that will get in the way of the things that truly matter and you will slowly become an ugly person on the inside as well, which is MUCH worse than being not physically attractive.

That being said, there is a fine line between being unattractive and not caring. If you do things to your body that make you unappealing to be around, than that is your fault ie. gaining alot of weight, not washing regularly, not brushing teeth ect. Like it was mentioned before, keeping yourself "up" can go quite a long way. Have you ever had to be around someone who stunk, had yellow teeth and looked like they hadn't bathed in weeks? Those kinda people are downright unpleasant to be around, not just because of what they have done to themselves physically, but it shows that they've just given up, a very unattractive quality.

And as for those people that call you ugly, laugh, point.... than do you really think that they're even worth wasting your time on? No they aren't. If they aren't willing to be around you long enough to get to know the person under the skin, than they don't deserve your company. Yes that's right THEY don't deserve YOUR company. End of story. Remember that no matter how much they do things to make yourself feel bad physically, EVERYONE has imperfections, even them. And not only do they have physical imperfections but they have inner ones as well, which they put on display when they stare, laugh, point etc.

If you can take one thing from my rant than let it be this quote.

"If you live your life based on just looks than when your old and ugly, you have nothing."-House Bunny

Your Friend, OffTLeash

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
post pics!
seriously. i bet you're not as munterish as you think.

and then watch gok doing 'how to look good naked' for an insight into thinking pretty.

i've seen interviews with holywood cinema beauties who say they were teased and called ugly throughout their childhood and teens. the only thing it proved was that those taunting were ugly on the inside.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, if you are a guy, then you still have a chance. You need to become an interesting person. Remember Tattoo from Fantasy Island. The little guy that said, "The plane! The plane!!!" That guy, in real life, got more tail/ ass from beautiful women then you would ever believe. His shortness was not an obstacle. He was one charming mo'fo and the ladies drooled after him.

He got tail because he had MONEY, not because he was interesting. God, some people are really stupid, or just fucking oblivious....

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is CLEAR, Lolo is just fucking with us and trying to have his 15 minutes. Even his screename (Lolo = LOL) is a joke on us, and he is sitting in his crocs at his computer laughing his Ugly ass off at how stupid and gullible the members here are.

This thread is just one more example of how the sites members will "jump" on any post and try to give it credibility. Come on people, LOOK PAST THE BULLSHIT and stop wasting time and space.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Easiest way to settle this it to post a photo of yourself.

If you want an honest opinion, let folks see you for themselves.

Being told you're ugly all your life is frankly a very shit deal. Have you heard of a psychological disorder call body dismorphia? It's extremely common, many people have it in one form or another.

It basically says there is a miscommunication between the aspects of self perception. For dismorphics, how they perceive themselves, think other people perceive them and what they actually look like doesn't add up. They think they are hideously ugly and think other people see them as such when in reality, they are perfectly ordinary human beings.

Body dysmorphic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some dismorphics are so obsessed with how ugly they are they become total recluses and won't go out without heavy make up on, hats, sun glasses to try and 'hide' the fault they THINK they have.

It's very sad.

A friendly joke about something trivial in their appears literally translates as an assault of disparaging remarks in the way they look.

I doubt you are as ugly as you seem to think, beauty is subjective despite it's scientific rule. One man's rose is another man's horse shit.

Post a photo.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whether this is a joke or not - remember God doesn't make any junk!

Beauty is skin deep and looks have a way of changing in time!

IF you start out ugly, the only way you will end up pretty is IF a handsome prince kisses you OR you have alot of plastic work done to yourself.

True, God dont make no junk, but he does create alot that are "slightly irregular".....:biggrin1:

B_Castello

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
my only temporary relief from this misery is sleep. and so that is what i am going to do right now. the worst part is knowing that i gotta wake up sometime.

I beleive you and I'm terribly touch when someone write something like this.

You know, the physic is second when you have a great personnality, but it's hard to have one if you are insecure about yourself. And we said, beauty fade...

But since you ask, here are my thoughts. Someone mention to work out, and I totaly agree, not only it will change yours body, wich is part of physical beauty, but it will also give you more security, but that need a great deal of discipline. Your face should change a bit as well. If you want to go for plastic surgery, dont over do it. And I think, a smile is the most important thing on physical beauty, so you may want to considered having a beautiful healthy teeth. :)

Let's keep in touch

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He got tail because he had MONEY, not because he was interesting. God, some people are really stupid, or just fucking oblivious....
Interesting person means someone who people are interested in. (Add you name to the list of stupid people who post without thinking) It could mean he had money, fame, stardom, status, power, rank, etc. The point is that it did not matter what he looked like. He overcame that.

Now go back to your shell you old hermit.

Last edited:
D

deleted395785

regardless what you look like LOLO, you suffer from an ugly state of mind which is far worse than any aesthetics, hence the therapy. by general standards im considered ugly, but MY standard outweighs anything else. im flat ass broke and out of shape but guess what my secret weapons are? its real simple.... CONFIDENCE STYLE & HYGIENE. thats it. the confidence part takes some time but wash your armpits, put on some stylish, not fashionable clothes, brush your teeth and some nice shoes you're good to go. im so not trying to be funny. i get so much action its a shame. as long as you feel good and smell good everything else falls into place. trust the steakman

D

deleted395785

regardless what you look like LOLO, you suffer from an ugly state of mind which is far worse than any aesthetics, hence the therapy. by general standards im considered ugly, but MY standard outweighs anything else. im flat ass broke and out of shape but guess what my secret weapons are? its real simple.... CONFIDENCE STYLE & HYGIENE. thats it. the confidence part takes some time but wash your armpits, put on some stylish, not fashionable clothes, brush your teeth and some nice shoes you're good to go. im so not trying to be funny. i get so much action its a shame. as long as you feel good and smell good everything else falls into place. trust the steakman

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
People, how mean you can you be? I highly doubt this kid has posted this thread for FUN. Lots of miserable, unhappy folk out there who like to make everyone feel worse than they already do. I don't know how much ruder and twisted people can be on here.

Look, some men work out in the gym all the time and still have ugly, puny legs. Some men have horrible acne faces but have big handsome bodies. Some men are overweight, but would have damn handsome faces, particularly if they lost weight). Some male strippers are anything but good-looking, but because they have a bigger penis or big-ass legs, they think they're all that.

So then, my friend, you need to get it through that thick skull of yours that no one is perfect. We all have physical flaws. But it's how we focus on what we do like about ourselves and let that override our emotions. It's all a state of mind. You're too focused on what you don't like about yourself and not on what you do like. And if you say you don't like anything about yourself physically, I'm sure there is something that is not that bad on you. Accentuate what is best on you, and start to meditate on the how IMPERFECT MANKIND IS. That will do the trick. Do it until you are enlightened on this fact, however long it shall take.

LikeaLOLO

Just Browsing
Media
I really like this forum. For the most part its mostly positive people.

Thanks guys

if i get the courage i will post some pictures later. Im somewhat worried that someone I know will see my pictures here and also read this thread.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Thanks guys

if i get the courage i will post some pictures later. Im somewhat worried that someone I know will see my pictures here and also read this thread.
i'm sure you'll get some offers to view them in pm.
:smile:

but the net is big. chances are you'll be fine.

and if they did see, i hope they'll be ashamed of being so cruel.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do what I do. Almost all my female friends are either much less attractive than me or obese. That way when we go out, I look like a goddess in comparison. :biggrin1:

I knew I was insecure even as a child, but never knew why. :confused: It wasn't until I was in my early 20's that my mom pointed out that all my close friends weighed about 250+ yet were under 5'6".

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Thanks guys

It would be good for them to read the thread. See what harsh words can do to a man.

But I doubt it'll happen. No need to feel paranoid. Post the pictures :smile:.