How to deal with being ugly

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've always been considered fairly attractive. Never was beautiful, but nice looking. Never seen that it give me any great advantages. Maybe I just don't perceive the advantage, but I can't even get a goddamn job for the last six months.

korinaus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've always been considered fairly attractive. Never was beautiful, but nice looking. Never seen that it give me any great advantages. Maybe I just don't perceive the advantage, but I can't even get a goddamn job for the last six months.

Being ugly is not about advantages but about disadvantages.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My entire life ive been told that im ugly. My friends have called me ugly. My own parents have called me ugly. A psychologist I spoke to said that my parents calling me ugly can be considered child abuse but im now over 18.

Every one in my life thinks that I am ugly.

I can't seem to come to acceptance about my looks.

ive talked to psychologist and psychiatrist and taken antidepresants. but all the antidepresants in the world won't make me beautiful. all the antidepresants in the world won't stop people from laughing at my ugly face.

I might have a shot if I have 100k worth of plastic surgery. I see plastic surgery as the only way out of my misery but it is so damn expensive.

life really sucks when everyone looks at you with disgust.

This is the reason why I have an inferiority complex.

Well, let's say that you really are ugly...:rolleyes:

What are some advantages of being ugly? What are the disadvantages of being ugly?

Advantages:

You could work in sci-fi/horror movies and be rich as heck.

You could do stand up comedy and have an act based on how ugly you are and what happens in your life as an ugly person. You can make money off of your ugliness.

You can go on Tyra Banks Show or Dr. Phil and talk about your ugliness and what you could do to remedy your ugliness. Get paid and possibly get ugliness taken care of on the shows.

You could walk with women at night to scare away any would be rapists or muggers.

You don't have to worry about STDs because no one messes with the ugly folk.

You don't have to worry about beautiful folk disappointing you...because it would be a given because you are ugly. You know they disappoint you...so you can move on with your life.

You could go to college and take up Accountancy and Business like I did.

You could go out with some AXE Body Spray--Dark Temptation sprayed on yourself to see if white women will bite a chunk of chocolate off your ass like that white woman did in the commercial. If they don't do that, you could sue Unilever Brands for misleading advertising.

You could say that you were abducted by aliens and they did some wild experiments on you when you were a kid. Write about the experiences and sell the rights for thousands of dollars.

If you are totally ugly, you have nerve to tell your family and friends to go fuck themselves. If you are totally ugly, then the family were fucking themselves.

Disadvantages:

You may not date anyone if you are too ugly...but then is that really a disadvantage?

You could have cosmetic surgery...and it could make you uglier.

You could meet an attractive person but they could be totally wrong for you anyway.

If you are straight and unattractive...and you had cosmetic surgery to look better...what if you got married and your kids got your DNA bred ugliness--how do you explain that without pushing the excuse off on the spouse's DNA?

============================

Seriously, you should tell your friends and family who have a problem with your looks...to go jump off a pier and into a kiddie pool of glass shards and isopropyl alcohol.

If you make your looks an issue...maybe you should find out what you as an ugly person can have in life. If you want attractive people around you, what makes you so special? Or any better?

If you find yourself being avoided, then leave those stupid people alone. You can focus on the people that matter...or other things in life that your looks don't have a factor in who you are as human being...a spiritual being at best.

Find people who like you for who you are. And stop hanging around people that like to bring you down to lift themselves up. I know many unattractive people that have backbone. They don't take a bunch of bullshit off of anyone. Speak your mind.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ugly is just another name for character. Trust me, I know; my face has plenty of character. Just remember, as Francis Bacon once mused, "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."

ninerr

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're only ugly if you FEEL ugly.
You're not out there to impress others, you're out there to be you. To hell with what people think... they've got a vested interest in calling you ugly -- it elevates them over you and they feel good about it.

Do what you think you have to to feel good looking, and that combined with your new self confidence will shine through. No drug can be more powerful than that.

ninerr

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And before you consider plastic surgery -- I know it may seem an inappropriate time to bring it up, and I don't mean it as a negative, but look at Michael Jackson's experiences with plastic surgery. I think most will agree that it didn't do much for him. He had his reasons and if he was happy with it, great, but it isn't a guarantee that you'll look better to the masses.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, let's say that you really are ugly...:rolleyes:

What are some advantages of being ugly? What are the disadvantages of being ugly?

Advantages:

You could do stand up comedy and have an act based on how ugly you are and what happens in your life as an ugly person. You can make money off of your ugliness.

You just wrote this guys entire comedy act!!! All it needs is style and personality.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think i have the guts to post my picture.
DONT POST YOUR FACE!!. Why? Because it doent matter either way. You are going to get people saying, "Thats not so bad" and other say mean things. Maybe you are not ugly and you only think you look ugly because you were made to feel that way.

Look how many models think of themselves as fat or not pretty enough. What would you tell them?

If you do decide to change something, do it for the right reasons. You will never please everybody. But you can be a person who attracts others. And it will mean more because it is not superficial, like good looks.

For example, a pretty girl lights up a cigarette. To me, she looses so many points. She is uglier to me in some way. I think, "thats what she tases like". (Pot is different.):biggrin1:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i deal with it by smoking lotsa pot! (but i'm with wish, i hate cigarettes, gross.)

seriously though/all kidding aside, "ugly" and "pretty" are so subjective. and a great attitude goes a long long way. so does being comfortable in your own skin.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i deal with it by smoking lotsa pot! (but i'm with wish, i hate cigarettes, gross.)

seriously though/all kidding aside, "ugly" and "pretty" are so subjective. and a great attitude goes a long long way. so does being comfortable in your own skin.
pft! i've always thought you were quirkyprettycute.
and how often do i give compliments?!

LongandBigSub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Your issue has nothing to do with your face. Your issue is that you lack self confidence.

You need to adopt a FUCK IT ATTITUDE and tell the world that you
FUCKING MATTER and that you feel beautiful inside and outside. And any
dumb-ass that disagrees,"Well FUCK YOU!"

You also need to stop sounding like a broken record by asking people to
join in with you about how you dislike yourself. It almost seems that you
want people to tell you that you are ugly, by inviting them in with your
lowly remarks about yourself. Don't you want the opposite, which is you
want people to tell you that you are a great attractive guy?

Start asking people to join in with you about how FUCKING awesome you
are. Or do you want to continue with same old story about how you don't
like yourself? (Which is getting soooooo old by the way.)