How to Deep Throat & How Important is It Anyway?

keeks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is a relatively serious question:smile:

I am a predominantly gay guy (98%?) who really likes to give head. I also like to get fucked... a pretty standard "bottom". My problem is that I like to be fucked by well hung guys, but when it comes to oral I prefer a more small-to-average size dick because it is so much easier to handle. Too bad you can't get two dicks on the same guy. :rolleyes: I would like to be able to deep throat a big guy, but my throat just seems to close up and/or I gag.

I guess I have two questions... for the women and gay bottom guys here.... what advice can you give me for being able to accommodate bigger dicks in my throat? Do any of you have this same issue?

... and for the str8 guys and gay top guys... how important is deep-throating to you versus just sucking on the head and upper shaft portion? I'm sure it is pretty personal, but when someone sucks me off, I'm usually happy with most of the attention on the head of my dick, but many guys I have sucked off seem to really get a mental kick out of me trying to deep throat them... some even getting off on making me gag. Obviously a Dom/sub thing going on here.

OK.. I'm ready ... I hope I'll get at least a few real responses mixed in with all the sarcastic ones, because I know this question is going to be a perfect set up for some of you smart asses!! :tongue:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are many threads with tons of advice on this topic... keep playing with the search feature, change the parameters a few times, you'll find them.

There are products to numb your throat. They may help. I find flavored lube and lots of saliva work wonders. Also, you must hold your breath. Breathing will trigger your gag reflex. Do you sing? The same muscle group you use to get a deep, round, warm, and open sound can be manipulated to make more room. I find repeatedly hitting the head against the opening of my throat numbs me enough to supress my gag reflex. Expect that uncomfortable feeling when it first goes in. It feels... wrong. I think this is because it isn't used to the stretch. If you manage not to cough, and to continue to hold your breath, you can get the penis in. You'll know you're on the right track when the urge to gag turns into an urge to cough. After it goes in and out a few times, it gets quite comfortable. You must remember to hold your breath. This is the most important, that's why I have said so a million times.

I had my epiphany while watching a woman named Heather Brooke swallow her husbands penis whole, over and over. She's the proven champ if you ask me. Might not help you, but can't hurt you to have a look and see if she teaches you anything. I watched some clkps of her many times before I got a clue from something she does. I wish I could tell you what I learned from her. Whatever it was, it's already in my post.

I don't know how important deep throating is. It never occurred to me to ask! LOL

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Straight guy opinion for you.

I have only once ever been deep throated - so it is quite a special memory, simply because despite the publicity I had got used to the idea that it was never going to happen. However having said that, for me the real deal is more about the passion of the interest in the whole of the genital region and beyond - hands, lips, tongue and breasts for me, that show your partner's desire for you to experience ecstasy.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think deep throating is mostly psychological. if you want it there, it will go. but yeh, there are physical limitations. if you have a truck 12 feet wide, it won't go into a 9 foot wide tunnel.

its not "important", but there are few sexual acts i find hotter. love doing it and getting it. if i am taking someone in all the way to the grass level, it means i think yer damn hot.

BBS has a good suggestion in bringing up the flavored lube thing. it could help.

keeks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks all for your replys... I'm sure this subject has been tackled before, I have read some of the threads, but on many of them there were very few specifics offered. BB... you gave some great specific ideas... I will definitely try them. Thanks :)

keeks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lordpendragon said:
However having said that, for me the real deal is more about the passion of the interest in the whole of the genital region and beyond
DCWrestleFan said:
i think deep throating is mostly psychological. if you want it there, it will go.
Well... this is precisely the problem... I want it there very badly... I am feeling very passionate about pleasing my partner. Nothing pleases me more:biggrin1: . Yet my throat feels as tight and closed as the popes ass! :wink: I just can't figure out if it is a physical limitation or a technique problem!? Quite a western, highbrow problem, isn't it???

razlovescock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, you gotta hold your breath and it's a bit trial and error learning how far you can have it in while still being able to breathe without gagging.

Also, it probably sounds weird, but you just have to swallow...as if you're swallowing food...that relaxes and opens up your throat and then once it's in there it doesn't have to come back out again till you need to take a breath..

The other thing is, I think different people just naturally take to different things...I've got exactly the opposite problem to you, where I can pretty much go down on anyone, but when it comes to being fucked it hardly ever happens because I'm just too tight most of the time..

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
keeks said:
Lordpendragon said:
However having said that, for me the real deal is more about the passion of the interest in the whole of the genital region and beyond
DCWrestleFan said:
i think deep throating is mostly psychological. if you want it there, it will go.
Well... this is precisely the problem... I want it there very badly... I am feeling very passionate about pleasing my partner. Nothing pleases me more:biggrin1: . Yet my throat feels as tight and closed as the popes ass! :wink: I just can't figure out if it is a physical limitation or a technique problem!? Quite a western, highbrow problem, isn't it???

practice my friend, practice.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am wondering if you fill a condom with water (nothing else, I wouldn't want to be responsible if it splits and you kill yourself), whether this would be a useful training tool. Am I being dumb?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
@ BBS - I totally LOVE Heather Brookes!

razlovescock said:
...it probably sounds weird, but you just have to swallow...as if you're swallowing food...that relaxes and opens up your throat and then once it's in there it doesn't have to come back out again till you need to take a breath...
Perfect suggestion! This has led me to get compliments like: "Damn, that was impressive", and my favorite, an almost tearful, stunned, and grateful, "Oh, f-u-u-u-u-u-ck, no one's ever done this to me before." I love the challenge of taking it to the base. Only once did it result in a complaint, when a thick buddy with a VERY sensitive head told me, "Uhnrn, your throat's just too tight."

Lordpendragon said:
I am wondering if you fill a condom with water...
Hmm, to me, it sounds more like a choking hazard, and a 911 call, just waiting to happen. LOL! Maybe a dildo though, since you can actually hold on to something?

keeks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful suggestions. I am definitely going to be trying to tweak my technique in future "practice sessions" It's all about the process, no? :wink: I'm going out tonight to buy some flavored condoms to put on a dildo I have for a little solo practice later.

And who the hell is Heather Brookes???

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
keeks said:
Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful suggestions. I am definitely going to be trying to tweak my technique in future "practice sessions" It's all about the process, no? :wink: I'm going out tonight to buy some flavored condoms to put on a dildo I have for a little solo practice later.

And who the hell is Heather Brookes???
Go to:
http://ideepthroat.com/

There are a million clips of her online.

balboajo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Deep throating matters like size matters. It's up to the beholder. I get excited by being able to deep throat cocks up to 10" (the biggest I've seen). I find many men are turned on by having this done to them. It's partly psychological, I guess, not just the physical sensation.

As for technique, for me it became natural after trying it a few times to be able to voluntarily supress my gag reflex so I could take a cock down my throat as far as it can go. I can't explain how to do it, though.

Have fun trying!

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife uses the swallowing technique and seems to work fine.It was not important to me,but she wanted to so I went along for the ride.I do however get a thrill out of throat fucking her while she's on all fours!!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
razlovescock said:
Also, it probably sounds weird, but you just have to swallow...as if you're swallowing food...that relaxes and opens up your throat and then once it's in there it doesn't have to come back out again till you need to take a breath...

YES! Swallowing uses the exact muscle group you need. (I forgot swallowing was the primary function of those muscles. Can you tell I'm working too hard on my voice?)

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
BronxBombshell said:
There are many threads with tons of advice on this topic... keep playing with the search feature, change the parameters a few times, you'll find them.

There are products to numb your throat. They may help. I find flavored lube and lots of saliva work wonders. Also, you must hold your breath. Breathing will trigger your gag reflex. Do you sing? The same muscle group you use to get a deep, round, warm, and open sound can be manipulated to make more room. I find repeatedly hitting the head against the opening of my throat numbs me enough to supress my gag reflex. Expect that uncomfortable feeling when it first goes in. It feels... wrong. I think this is because it isn't used to the stretch. If you manage not to cough, and to continue to hold your breath, you can get the penis in. You'll know you're on the right track when the urge to gag turns into an urge to cough. After it goes in and out a few times, it gets quite comfortable. You must remember to hold your breath. This is the most important, that's why I have said so a million times.

I had my epiphany while watching a woman named Heather Brooke swallow her husbands penis whole, over and over. She's the proven champ if you ask me. Might not help you, but can't hurt you to have a look and see if she teaches you anything. I watched some clkps of her many times before I got a clue from something she does. I wish I could tell you what I learned from her. Whatever it was, it's already in my post.

I don't know how important deep throating is. It never occurred to me to ask! LOL

Have I told you lately that I love you? I do.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
razlovescock said:
Also, it probably sounds weird, but you just have to swallow...as if you're swallowing food...that relaxes and opens up your throat and then once it's in there it doesn't have to come back out again till you need to take a breath...

That's the true gen, keeks, confirmed now by the professor emeritus.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
keeks said:
... and for the str8 guys and gay top guys... how important is deep-throating to you versus just sucking on the head and upper shaft portion?
I know a lot of people will tell you that just sucking the head is fine because that's where all the nerve endings are.... personally I think that's crap. I want to feel lips moving up and down the shaft of my cock. I've never been with a girl who could get all of me in her mouth without gagging, I know they're out there (and guys, you don't have to tell me that you're able to do this, it won't impress me :rolleyes:) but so far no luck. It's not a big issue for me.

[edit] oh, and incidentally... I've practiced deep throating before on bananas/hot dogs. I didn't think it was that hard. Just a matter of relaxing the gag reflex. I can get a whole large banana (as big as me) down my throat without choking myself without much difficulty. I've done this for the same reason I've tasted my own cum and tried auto-digital-anal penetration before... I wouldn't ask a girl to do something that I found to be horribly unpleasant myself.