how to experiment in college?

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
You have to have two hypotheses, one null, and one to test. The null hypothesis is the one you reject or fail to reject. (Scientifically, you must fail to reject, rather than accept, but we tend to be very accepting of most hypotheses here). If you fail to reject, it can add credence to the test hypothesis, but if you find the evidence doesn't fit, don't force the answer. You don't have to tell anyone about your hypotheses at first, so there is little chance of getting caught at this stage. Review the existing literature and media to determine what field of study might interest you. Eventually you will be comfortable enough to share your hypothesis with some trusted colleagues.Look around. The library here is quite extensive and caters to almost every research interest. Personally, my favorite studies are interdisciplinary.

Next comes defining methodology, which you also may define alone, though adding a partner can stimulate creativity in some. Feel free to ask a librarian or faculty member about standard practices.

Once you have a hypothesis and methodology down, you can go to testing, which is the fun part, and often requires the help of other researchers. You want a vetted group of professionals, though when you get a bit more experience from experimenting with others and on your own, it can be rewarding to penetrate some deep problem with the help of a younger scientist. It can seem daunting to locate your target population, but there are places where various subject groups tend to congregate. A quick google search will set you right.

Many would say that a large sample size is ideal, however certain specialty experiments require a more modest sample size due to the smaller overall population. Locating a suitable population can be a hassle, but we provide tools for that purpose.

Of course, the experiments must be repeatable by others to be valid, so you may have to conduct multiple sessions to get satisfactory results. I highly recommend finding a long-term lab partner who can get to know and appreciate your methods. Make sure you aren't getting stuck in a rut by adding a third, consulting researcher from time to time, or test your hypothesis under different conditions like outside or submerged in water.

Publishing your findings comes last. We are all eagerly waiting to read your Lab Report. It is best to publish in a peer reviewed medium, so anything you post here as a result of your experiments will receive a vigorous and intense review by many experienced professionals. They may ask for further data to verify your results, or, if you're very lucky, offer to do some research with you...

Here at LPSG, Science is fun.

Last edited:

YoungDudesCock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I go to a fairly large state school, and I want to experiment, but I don't want to be public about it.

Make sure t make eye contact with guys you think could want the same.
Be slow with showering after sports, watch who stays behind as well...
Show your cock, wait and see.....

Florida Boy

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have to have two hypotheses, one null, and one to test. The null hypothesis is the one you reject or fail to reject. (Scientifically, you must fail to reject, rather than accept, but we tend to be very accepting of most hypotheses here). If you fail to reject, it can add credence to the test hypothesis, but if you find the evidence doesn't fit, don't force the answer. You don't have to tell anyone about your hypotheses at first, so there is little chance of getting caught at this stage. Review the existing literature and media to determine what field of study might interest you. Eventually you will be comfortable enough to share your hypothesis with some trusted colleagues.Look around. The library here is quite extensive and caters to almost every research interest. Personally, my favorite studies are interdisciplinary.

Next comes defining methodology, which you also may define alone, though adding a partner can stimulate creativity in some. Feel free to ask a librarian or faculty member about standard practices.

Once you have a hypothesis and methodology down, you can go to testing, which is the fun part, and often requires the help of other researchers. You want a vetted group of professionals, though when you get a bit more experience from experimenting with others and on your own, it can be rewarding to penetrate some deep problem with the help of a younger scientist. It can seem daunting to locate your target population, but there are places where various subject groups tend to congregate. A quick google search will set you right.

Many would say that a large sample size is ideal, however certain specialty experiments require a more modest sample size due to the smaller overall population. Locating a suitable population can be a hassle, but we provide tools for that purpose.

Of course, the experiments must be repeatable by others to be valid, so you may have to conduct multiple sessions to get satisfactory results. I highly recommend finding a long-term lab partner who can get to know and appreciate your methods. Make sure you aren't getting stuck in a rut by adding a third, consulting researcher from time to time, or test your hypothesis under different conditions like outside or submerged in water.

Publishing your findings comes last. We are all eagerly waiting to read your Lab Report. It is best to publish in a peer reviewed medium, so anything you post here as a result of your experiments will receive a vigorous and intense review by many experienced professionals. They may ask for further data to verify your results, or, if you're very lucky, offer to do some research with you...

Great response.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I just took Analysis of psychological data, and I understood ALL of that! Nice!

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you write the lab report, make sure that you use the passive voice sentences. I got my points deducted for not doing that.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hang around parties where students get drunk. Their inhibitions are down. But remember to be safe if the you want to go all the way; bring protection.

My "straight" roommate actually approached me one night when he was drunk.

But this activity is not recommended for those interested in a relationship.

S_Dick

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Honest answer to your question, I'd say hang out around the school gym. lots of guys going through there. See if anyone is trying to make eye contact with you. Then just start up a conversation. You will know pretty quick if they want to do some experimenting too. Chances are they do if they keep engaging you. Drop your towel a bit and see if they check you out.

That is what I did when I was first curious in college. I meet a few really cool guys that way who were in the same boat as me so to speak.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

And don't be freaked out if guys don't know how to act in the morning, we are all learning.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A surprising percentage of the international students are gay, and it never occurs to 99% of the American students...., so you could have excellent chances there.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A surprising percentage of the international students are gay, and it never occurs to 99% of the American students...., so you could have excellent chances there.

How the hell you got that statistic? I need proof.

upone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I experimented a lot in college. By the end of the next century the radiation will have dropped enough to make it safe to enter the room.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How the hell you got that statistic? I need proof.

Which statistic? 99%? Just a figure of speech.

As for disproportionate number of international students being gay: 1) my personal experience & observation attending four universities and teaching at two others; 2) USA has reputation elsewhere in the world for being gay-friendly, probably more so than is actually true; 3) some gay Americans go hundreds or thousands of miles from home to come out or even live on the "down low," so logic prompts this: why wouldn't a young GLBT person from, say, Jordan or South Korea or Uganda or rural Mexico go thousands of miles to a U.S. university to do the same thing?